Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Ionic family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3.

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback in the comments below. 🤖

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
394 REPLIES 394

Exactly what I'm trying to do as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had contact with support through the chat, left it open when suddenly DING, my turn.

Explained everything. they will send me a label to send in my Ionic and charging cable for further investigation.

If it is true, what I'm saying is true (i have a movie and pictures) they might send me a replacement unit.

So I'm fitbitless for a few weeks/months maybe 😞

Best Answer

@PaulMeYou make a lot of good points. There's a number of things they could do but don't. As for testing, I received the update before the last one, and even though my update completed without problems (whew!), a bug was introduced that was so basic it was clear to me that they did not do a minimum of testing. If that's where they were when they started the rollout, it's no wonder the update was a disaster.

Best Answer

After downloading and installing this latest firmware update, the exercise app on my ionic will no longer load.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given all the fun and games with the previous version and the speed with which Fitbit then came our with the NEXT version, I would be highly suspicious of any update at the moment.

If the last update had so many issues, after allegedly all of the proper testing being carried out, what on earth makes anyone think that the next update, such a short time adter, has had the proper testing too.

The fact that the "Whats new & Fixed" for both updates, give absolutely zero detail, again raises the question, why would you

Fitbit, you really do need to be more open with how all of these updates enhance the experience of the user, not just, "We've fixed stuff and new stuff is there"

@MattFitbitYou really are the poor soul that gets all the grief, but unfortunately you are the face of Fitbit for this release., you might want to ensure your Bosses realise the distrust building up as a result of this and previous releases. Just reference all the examples of people mentioning Apple/Samsung/Garmin.

Best Answer

To be fair to Fitbit, I persevered with the support and the point made about the firmware update bricking the devices, and is not a warranty issue if caused by myself but the update.

After nearly 1 month, they have requested my older one returned, sent a postage label and promised to replace in 5 to 10 days. Without questioning the age or if under warranty still.

Fingers crossed it comes with the latest update and is stable, so thank you to Fitbit and suspect they could not answer or confirm the problem until a fix was in place and process was agreed to deal with everyone's issues. In business this takes time, and admitting liability is not something any one likes.

Best Answer

Ok, I have been contacted through email for help on this issue. I had done a factory reset but still could not set it up on my phone

I have removed the tracker from my phone, then set it up on my tabs 2 tablet.  It worked, it is now working. Next I have to get it connected back to my phone.  Once I get this, I will let the community know if it worked!

Best Answer

My Ionic hasn't successfully calibrated and sensor light has been dead since the last update. 

Best Answer

Hi everybody thanks for getting back to us. Thank you for sharing your comments, thoughts and troubleshooting suggestions.  

I really appreciate all the troubleshooting steps that you've tried with Fitbit devices, if you're having syncing issues with your Ionic make sure you've tried the steps in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Confirm that you're phone and Fitbit app are up to date too.

@paintmeperfect you can check this help article: How do I fix an issue with my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

To all Ionic user please have in mind that we started releasing this is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

I'll be around in case that you need help in the future.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, how on earth does the:

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Help anyone ?

You click on it and you get:

Fitbit OS 4.1.3

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

Well there's a shock. I wasnt expecting Fitbit to introduce more bugs and remove capabilities.

So many people have complained about this sort of message, you would have thought Fitbit would have learnt by now and actually detailed what has changed. It has got to the point that someone has to be the first and then the rest of us wait to find out what changed. There is no other way of determining the Fixes & improvements otherwise

Its almost like Fitbit want everyone to perform the upgrade, in the hope that something decent is in the new release and hopefully forgetting the issues every previous release had had *Cynic mode off*

Best Answer

I tell you, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad and frustrating.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

<foolishly click link hoping for some useful information>

"FITBIT OS 4.1.3

This release includes bug fixes and improvements."

Nothing useful or informative there then.  Seriously, why even bother, its just annoying at this point.

Is this update also going to brick devices like the previous 3 or 4 have?

Best Answer

@Beachbum2DRight, and someone stated that Fitbit tries to blame YOU for a failed update because it was your choice to update, but they provide no information that would enable you to decide if you would want to update. For example, I'm constantly annoyed by a bug introduced in a previous update and would want to update ONLY if that bug were fixed. They do not provide that info. So it's my fault for installing an update with the hope that my bug is fixed? Ridiculous!

Best Answer

@LMAOUDFB the cloud is NOT a backup, it is where all your data gets processed so the app can display it.  Without the cloud connection none of your data would get uploaded or processed.  The app is nothing more than a 'front end' so you can see your data in a nice format.  Garmin and Strava are exactly the same where all the processing is done by their servers.

Also the watch ONLY communicates with the computer/phone, it is then that which has the 'cloud connection' as you call it.  As an experiment try and sync with your phone/computer in flight mode, nothing will update as you have killed the phone's connection to the cloud.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner 

Which is exactly my point. I dont know how the others do it, and will take your word that they are the same way, but your partly correct. Yes if you put the phone into airplane mode it will not connect or sync, BUT there is a local database STORED on your phone which you can still view event IN airplane mode, which is why I said the cloud is like a backup, Or be it the main location for the3 info to be stored. But as I wait for Fitbit (2 weeks since they have had my ionic and yet still fighting with wannabe CS) yesterday my trusty Blaze couldn't sync at midnight cause it said fitbit was down for maintenance, seriously? So I have to wait for fitbit to put their servers back up to sync my watch to my phone? that stupid in my book.

@EdwardsWM 

There is no choice, you think you have a choice whether to update or not, you are FORCED at one point or another.

Best Answer

I guess if Fitbit took/take their servers down to fix some of these issues - then I'm happy for them to take them off line for a period of time. Unfortunately we will never know what fixes were applied!

Maintenance will always be necessary. Being a global product any downtime - anytime of day will affect a percentage of users. When half the world's asleep, the other half is awake. Although backup servers should usually be online. Other than a major failure.

😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LMAOUDFBIf you're forced to update, then Fitbit has no case whatsoever to make us responsible for a failed update. I assumed that the Fitbit app would bug you to death about the update but you could ignore it if you wanted. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated and usually have no issues but this time I am now missing all display information. I’ve reset twice but still the same. It’s like all the letters and numbers have been removed. Now what do I do as I can’t see that it has a roll back option 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roslyn,

3rd time lucky? 😥 Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will help - but I would Factory Reset the Ionic from within the about menu on the device. I would then delete the Ionic from the app, uninstall the Fitbit app, download and install it again. Login to the app. Restart your Ionic (or should already be sitting at the pulsing Fitbit logo?) and add it again to the app and detect your Ionic entering the 4 digit code and setting up wifi and Bluetooth etc.

Ensure the Ionic is on the charger and next to your phone.

Apologies if you've already done these steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums. 

Thank you all for your feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards the information we post on help articles. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. As you can read on this article this release includes bug fixes and improvements. At this moment we don't have more details to add. If you need help with your Fitbit please let us know, we'll be glad to keep assisting you.

@UserRoslyn welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you're having display issues with your Ionic. Thank you for trying to restart it.  I've requested to our support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from customer support at the email you used to register with the community forums.

Please keep us posted on the resolution.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit @MattFitbit 

Still avoiding answering questions. 

What happens if my out of warranty ionic is trashed by your latest firmware?

its a simple enough question. 

Best Answer