Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Ionic family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3.

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback in the comments below. 🤖

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
394 REPLIES 394

This firmware update completely bricked my Versa.  It was working fine with 48% battery and the screen went completely blank, no green lights on the back.  Tried charging and get a 0% flash on the screen, however cannot get the screen to come on otherwise.  It will not soft or hard reset because it simply won't turn on.  The odd part is that it continues to sync with my app despite not appearing to be turned on.  Since it is out of warranty, support gave me a 25% off coupon for a new watch.  I don't want the Versa 2 I want my Versa back.   I have been using a Fitbit for almost 6 years, now I am giving up and going to Apple.

Best Answer

They offer a measly 25% off a new watch...

Best Answer

My Ionic bricked when I used the previous FW.  Now it just powers on, displays the FB logo for about 6 seconds, goes blank, then repeats.  No green light on the back.  I've performed a Hard Reset of the watch, but the loop still continues.  Does not show up on Bluetooth.  Plugged into my USB3 port on my laptop.

How can I apply the new FW?  Any words of wisdom?  (my fingers are starting to hurt from resetting it so many times!)

Best Answer

Indeed, a very simple question, but you won't get any answers on that.

Best Answer

Hello  @MattFitbit 

my ionic is in the firmware 33.1.30
does not update to the versions I see here on the forum.
both on the PC and on the phone it says it has the latest version.
completely new ionic, I received a new one from the warranty last week. very sad with fitbit one year only problems !!
I read that the SpO2 sensor is already working ... never had !!
very sad

Best Answer

hello @AshNY

in the App says 27.33.1.30

are you saying don't update to the latest version ?? why??

Best Answer

my first ionic lasted 4 months. the second just made it past the year so the warranty is useless.  Screen is black-completely lifeless.  they offered me the standard 25% off on my next one which will be my 4th fitbit. wish I did not like them so much-but only when they work.  oh to get one that has a better life expectancy.

Best Answer

i have owned an ionic since august 2018 and never received any notices of updates.  how does one know when an update is offered?

Best Answer

Unfortunately I bought it on 5/15/2018 and therefore just outside of 2 years by a few days...

Best Answer

I'm with you settledown. My 3 day old Ionic is useless to the point that I want to smash it on the floor. I picked it among the watches that has Fitpay. Paid good money for it. Up to now I can't set up Wallet. It never got passed 'Get Started' to install the Wallet tile from the App. It will return with "Invalid Batched Response : 6320".

I had performed hard reset innumerous times to reinstall. Makes mel feel like I'm working for Fitbit as their trouble shooter.

Writing to and going on live chat for help is another agonizing affair. I was told this is the first time they've seen this.

This model has been around for 3 yrs. I would have thought they have ironed all the kinks but I was so so wrong.

I'm truly at my wits end.

Best Answer

mid did the same during a factory reset.  I spoke with them, they had me send it in. then they told me the one i sent in didn't have the same sn as the one i had signed in with.  they had me take a pic of the end of my box showing the sn.  i did and in the end they replaced it.  hope they do same for you

Best Answer

Really exasperating talking to the folks at Fitbit alright. I told them they can check on all the logs at their end of my frustration resetting, installing and reflashing the firmware at least10 times. They can even tell me that "based on our system you first signed on 2yrs ago..." I told the boy we are still in 2020 and he must have meant 2 days ago. That took him a while to correct himself. Nevertheless he gave me a sense he doesn't know the Ionic interface very well. No confidence. I haven't read any users here totally exuberant about their Fitbit. Oh boy what did I get myself into. 

Best Answer

@KCK346 

I've had excellent service from Fitbit with replacing a flooded Versa and 12 months later my wife's dead Versa. Both were replaced through goodwill without purchase receipts. Fantastic service from Fitbit. But a lot of correspondence and photo's/serial numbers. Really can't complain about their service.

But I am concerned about the build quality and also the software quality.

I recently purchased an unused secondhand Ionic. Receipt was lost recently by the previous owners family member - it was a gift but brand new and unused when I got it. I am concerned with the build quality and also what future FW updates may do to it. 

I can't assume Fitbit would again replace a failed unit as they have in the past.

I certainly can't and won't complain about their service.Just would like these devices to last several years - at least until the non-replaceable battery is EOL.

Best Answer

Hi @Costinha 

Mi suggestion is do not update your device (I am at the same code release 27.33.1.30) because tons of ionics are bricked with each update. In my experience the first ionic I had was bricked also by an update but it was replaced by warranty. My ionic is up an running without issues, but warranty has ended, update is a BIG RISK today.

Best Answer

shortly after the update, my Fitbit iconic will no longer turn on. It seemed as if the battery die, but when I put it in the charger, nothing after several minutes. Your website shows very little on this issue and no matter what buttons or in whatever combination I push. It doesn’t turn back on.

Best Answer

Hi aaronharr,

Have you tried a different 5v charger. Try a higher amperage charger. I have a couple of Blitzwolf QC 3.0 chargers that push out 5v at a higher current. Some others are even higher. The higher current "may" be enough to kickstart the charging process.

Although your issue certainly looks related to the latest FW. I'm not seeing the latest firmware here in Australia yet. I hope Fitbit have pulled it - so I won't be tempted to install it.

I get no email notifications on my Ionic. I'd really like these. Get most other notifications though.

Fitbit haven't confirmed via another thread whether lack of email notification is a FW issue - that hopefully will be addressed in a later update.

I've never had FW update issues in other electronic/computer devices. I'm certainly "gun-shy" in installing any future update on my Ionic or the wife's Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did u try setting up your watch on another device?Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody thank you for sharing your thoughts about this update. 

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and improve features that we know our community wants to see.The Fitbit Community is a peer-to-peer community for Fitbit users who are passionate about health and fitness. Please keep your conversation constructive and relevant to the topic.

If you already have a case open with our support team and you need more details about your warranty please keep communication open with them since our team is checking each case individually and providing the best option for each one of our users. 

@Costinha thank you for contacting us. Our team will be sending you a follow up email to check what happened with your Ionic. About your inquiry regarding to Sp02 you can read more about it here:How do I track my estimated oxygen variation in the Fitbit app?

@char749 about your inquiry, Fitbit updates are usually posted at the top of the Fitbit app. If you need more details about your warranty options you can keep communication open with our support team.

@KCK346  thank you for sharing this information with us. I noticed that you have a case open about this situation, our team will be getting back to you shortly.

@arkie72802 welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums, thank you for sharing you feedback. I'm sure this will help others with similar issues.

To all Ionic user please have in mind that we started releasing this is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

Keep me posted. I'll be glad to keep assisting you.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am extremely unimpressed.  It is not "discussion of moderator activity" to draw attention to the fact that modbots continue to post useless information and to ask them to engage with the development team to get the information that the end users are asking for. 

Best Answer

SMH @YojanaFitbit , you acknowledge some users but not others that have commented on their issues.  More of a reason to stop using Fitbit.  Disappointed I am.  

I suggest that stop rolling out this firmware update to prevent other devices from becoming useless.

Best Answer