Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270

I too was excited when I received mine in 2017. I felt worse after wearing it for a year when the screen dropped off. If you do order it, when you first see the screen rising up, call them immediately. The closer you get to your warranty expiring, is when it usually happens. When you receive it take a pict of the watch, so you will have a reference point when youcontact customer service.. I purchased mine in 2017 the first batch maybe they changed manufactures. Good luck. 

Best Answer

Yes, please post the link if you find it. Fitbit should be embarrassed by how they have handled a defective product. I totally agree that a one year life for a watch this expensive definitely tells you there is a quality issue. Own your truth Fitbit!

Best Answer

Wow. They are replaced with refurbished items. No wonder we do not get a 1 year warranty. Fitbit is just passing on the problem. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. 

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

But thats just it...

All Fitibit does is replace the product under warranty instead and NOT address the issue causing the problem in the first place.

Once replaced....as previously mentioned by other users, the issues has re-occured for some people ...and by the time warranty ends they are SOL.

Fitbit thinks the consumer will remain loyal and just buy another Fitbit device and move on their merry way.  But there is a TON more competition to Fitbit ...

In this regards, Fitbit is the underdog and should be doing everything in their power to correct the problem...and not just thinking loyalty will keep customers buying Fitbit products!

They should be taking care of the same people who have taken Fitbit to where it is currently by listening to them..the device underlying issue is not being addressed.

Any company can replace a product under warranty...and thats nothing special, but a proper company will at least take the time and fix the defect so they stop inconveniencing there customers

By the looks of it, it seems that these are not just one off issues by the amount of people with the same issues.... I don't see this company changing until they start noticing people leaving the platform for others.

Best Answer

Well said! I sent a longer post but the Fitbit moderator deleted it saying it did not meet community standards. I’m not sure what I said wrong. I would never use profanity. I guess they didn’t like what I said.

Best Answer

I am flabbergasted by MarcoGFitbit's response. How can you possibly say 'we do not expect manufacturing issues to affect our trackers' when the screen falling off the Ionic's has been a known, well documented, issue for over a year??!!!! I have been a very strong advocate for Fitbit for 10 years, but with Fitbit refusing to acknowledge this known issue have lost all faith in the company.

Best Answer

I think the whole reason for his post was to tell us once again that our warranty is limited. Never addresses the quality issue of the screen falling off!

Best Answer

My comments have been deleted as well. I guess corporate big wigs at Fitbit either really don’t care about their customers or have no idea this issue is so large.  

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided your feedback about this situation. Please note that our  Return Policy & Warranty offers many options for you as a consumer, even if your warranty has already expired. I've noticed some of you have already contacted our Support Team and they have provided more options for you. Keep in mind that the options available can vary from case to case and they're worked individually. 

For those of you who have gotten post removed, we have contacted you via private message addressing the situation and provided an explanation the reason of the removal. 

Thanks for your understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Could you point me to the section of the Return and Warranty policy that gives you options even if your warranty has expired?  I could not find it in the link provided.  

I'm concerned since I'm on my third Ionic and my one year warranty period will expire in a few months.  I have Fitbit data (Fitbit One, Flex, Charge 2, Blaze, and Ionic) for the last 7 years and would like to stay with this company but the product has to be durable enough to use for as a fitness device.

Sense, One, Flex, Charge 2, Blaze, Ionic, Aria
Best Answer

@gschoen Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your input on this thread. I'm glad you have been a long time customer for Fitbit. 

If you are looking for options provided for when you are out of the warranty period; the best thing to do is to contact customer support. This is because they review every case individually and depending on your specific case; different option will be provided to help you get back on track. 

Now, could you please tell me what type of issue are you are experiencing with your watch? Did the screen on your watch fell off? This way I can provide you with some help or maybe contact customer support in your behalf for further assistance. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Same just happened to me. Looked over at my wrist and the screen is dangling out of the watch - held in only by a data ribbon. I managed to get it back together again - it still works. I’ve stuck the screen back in with araldite . . . Going to check if it’s still in warranty. The adhesive they use to fix the screen is clearly not up to the job!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @vicpoole! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Ionic's screen. I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I saw that you got in touch with our Support Team already. Please reply back with the information provided, they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Good luck to you. I hope you are still covered under warranty otherwise Fitbit will leave you dangling just like your screen 😐

Best Answer

This will be the 2nd Iconic that we have had an issue with! Bought it as a gift in Dec 2017. The first one got water damaged and wasn't water proof at all. That one was replaced in August 2018 and now the 2nd one the face has just fallen out of it. Not rough on the watch at all. Trying to go through the motions with Fitbit to get it rectified.

Very disappointed with this product!

Best Answer

They will only replace your Ionic if the original is still under warranty. I too am very disappointed with this product as it is expensive and does not even last for one year. I hope you are treated fairly and given a new device. I was offered a discount to purchase a new Fitbit product of my choosing which I declined. I now have an Apple 3 device. I won’t go back to Fitbit because of their lack of action to this issue.

Also, I was told in an email by one of their customer service reps that replacements for warranty issues are sometimes given a refurbished device. 😐

Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback about the quality of the product @Carolkf, this is always helpful to continue improving services and products. I'm sorry to see that you have to leave your Fitbit due to these inconveniences, but I hope it's possible for you to return to the Fitbit family in the future. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team, but I was informed that you already have a case created with them. 

Thank you for all these details and feedback as well @Carolkf

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

The face of my Fitbit Ionic randomly fell off as well.  I am very easy on mine as well.  I have not yet received the replacement. 

Best Answer

How log have you had the Iconic before the face fell off?

When did you contact support to try and obtain a replacement?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer