Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Adjust Ionic's Display Brightness?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please tell me how to increase the brightness on my ionic I can hardly see it during the daytime, it was fine but seems to have adjusted itself. Many thanks. Mark 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Thank you. I reset the Fitbit and all is fine.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Excellent!

Best Answer
0 Votes
In settings, scroll down to sleep mode and disable
Best Answer

I've been to setting saw that the first selection is Brightness, BUT, no matter how often or hard I "tap" the watch face, nothing changes.  Its still set on DIM.  Any suggestions would be GREAT.  Thanks.

That is exactly how mine is working not working too.

GREAT ANSWER.  THANK YOU.  You fixed my Ionic and now I can read the face.  Spectacular.  Thanks again.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
With finger, slide to right till you see "Settings", gently tap "Settings";  There will be:  Auto, Dim, Normal, Max. I set mine to Auto, cause it saves battery life.Hope this helps. IronMike2
Best Answer

Thanks. Mine was also set on sleep mode. I thought there was something wrong with it as my brightness option was not adjustable. All fixed now and on auto.

Best Answer

Thank you so much, I put it to auto and the brightness is perfect 

Best Answer
  • Hooray!! Thank you, it’s been driving me mad! And I’ve found the notification button so my calls come through the watch again now 😁
Best Answer

On my Ionic, the brightness feature is softened and seems to be locked on dim.  it doesn't open up to change when tapped on.  How can it be unlocked?  It's difficult to see the screen in the daylight

Best Answer

Do complete reset and it will return to normal.
I had that experience and it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found it. Assuming you’ve done the latest update, when you tap on the top of the screen you get little symbols, if you click on the one on the top right you get options to change the Settings, one of which is the brightness. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Forgive. How do I do a complete reset? And will it wipe out all previous settings?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You shouldn’t need to to fix your brightness issue?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The version I have is 71.6.19. Do you know is this is the current one.

I can’t figure out which screen view you’re talking about. I don’t see two buttons at the top on any of mine.

It used to be on auto. Changed somehow to dim. And I can’t change it back on the watch or app

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

No screen in my Fitbit is so faint I can’t tell if I am I’m in brightness setting.

Best Answer

I worked out how to fix it thanks. If you’re asking me, I’m unsure from your message, message me back and I I’ll let you know. I have another issue now which Fitbit are addressing 😩

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

The only way I managed was to fully reset my Fitbit, following the instructions from the support website.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

finally something useful!!!  I was in sleep mode also and could not adjust the brightness.

Best Answer

It's because it's in sleep mode. Hold down left button for several seconds to bring up menu. Use the moon button to toggle sleep mode on and off. I don't know why someone from fitbit didn't answer this question.

Best Answer

I can't even adjust the Sleep Mode ???

Best Answer
0 Votes