Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear all notifications?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the only way to clear all notifications to scroll all the way down to the bottom of notifications? If I haven't done this in a while it can take quite some time, there has to be a faster way. Any help here?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's the only possible way

From the Fitbit Article How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

• To delete 1 notification, open it and swipe right.
  • To delete all notifications at once, swipe up to the bottom of your notifications and tap Clear All.
  • If a notification is long, tap it to see the rest. 
  • To exit the notifications screen, press the back button.
  • To turn off all notifications from a specific app, press and hold a notification from that app and tap Off. To turn notifications on, press and hold a notification and tap On or open the Fitbit app and find the specific app under Notifications. 

--<--@

Feel free to add your suggestions to the Feature Suggestions page, where users can vote, if there be enough interest, it can be picked up by the developers of Fitbit to make the idea come true (when decided to do).

Tip Search if a certain idea already has been suggested to avoid multiple suggestions regarding the same idea.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

Nope. Is an pia.  We have to scroll to bottom. 

Best Answer

It's the only possible way

From the Fitbit Article How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

• To delete 1 notification, open it and swipe right.
  • To delete all notifications at once, swipe up to the bottom of your notifications and tap Clear All.
  • If a notification is long, tap it to see the rest. 
  • To exit the notifications screen, press the back button.
  • To turn off all notifications from a specific app, press and hold a notification from that app and tap Off. To turn notifications on, press and hold a notification and tap On or open the Fitbit app and find the specific app under Notifications. 

--<--@

Feel free to add your suggestions to the Feature Suggestions page, where users can vote, if there be enough interest, it can be picked up by the developers of Fitbit to make the idea come true (when decided to do).

Tip Search if a certain idea already has been suggested to avoid multiple suggestions regarding the same idea.

Best Answer

I'm not even sure it's that easy.  Several times, I have tried to "uncheck" one App Notification, and "check" a different one, and it never worked, never worked, never worked.  So, I just tried unchecking the first one, then doing a sync with the Ionic, then checking the other app, and then doing another sync with the Ionic, and that finally has appeared to work.  So, it might well be that it just can't handle multiple selections at one time.  And I have very little confidence that what I just did will stay that way, whenever I go back in to look at the App Notifications again.

Best Answer

Easy software fix. I'd rather they give us some canned replies instead. Sucks having to whip it out to respond to a text. 

Best Answer

So, I don't know what the deal is but I cannot delete the notifications on my phone using either of these methods.  Swiping right, or left, does nothing.  I also went to the bottom of the notification list, and there is nothing that says clear all.  If I cannot clear notifications, I may just turn them all off so I won't get any more.  

FYI my app has been updated.

Best Answer

@Helenps. If you're referring to the persistent notifications on Android 8, you need to long press the notification and then move the slider to off. This is a new feature of Android 8 that makes you aware of apps running in the background. If you have all day sync turned on the app runs in the background. LMK if that's not what you're referring to!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, I have an iphone

Best Answer

@Helenps Clear all notifications on your phone?

long press the first x on the top notification, to the right of “Earlier Today” in this screenshot:

IMG_1152.jpg

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I’m talking about the notifications that say “great job, you reached your goal” etc. there is no x.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Open the Fitbit app, and press on your account info icon (the Rolodex card lower right corner)

You see now your account info.

Scroll down to: Advanced Settings and click on it.

At the bottom is: Push notifications.

Tape the slider at the end to disable it.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer

doesn't work

Best Answer

i dont have a clear button on the bottom of notifications iphone 6S

Best Answer

@dijacks02 look above at my screenshot and explanation:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/How-to-clear-all-notifications/m-p/2501181/highlight/true#M325...

you have to "long press" (press and hold) the first clear icon (x inside a circle).

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, this is not it at all.

There are two issues.

Notification cache is full (not added to in over a month). One cannot delete the notifications. Using firefox on PC. I phone .... same problem.

Best Answer

I went tot the Rolodex card & saw my account info, and went in to Advanced Settings, but these are the only options:

Time Zone (Set Automatially / Time Zone)

Units

Start Week On

Food Database

Sleep Sensitivity

Stride Length

Nothing for Push notifications anywhere. Help!

Open the Fitbit app, and press on your account info icon (the Rolodex card lower right corner)

You see now your account info.

Scroll down to: Advanced Settings and click on it.

At the bottom is: Push notifications.

Tape the slider at the end to disable it.

Best Answer
Not even close to addressing the issue..

My cache of notifications has over 300 messages and stopped listing 49 days
ago.
How does one RESET this; that is, delete the old ones and allow new ones?
Best Answer

This is NOT about turning off Push notifications but actually reactivating them when your cache is obviously full (300+ notifications).

And the answer is .... totally log out of the app. Since I had the fitbit synched with my google account, it never closed, thus not allowing this function to refresh itself. Once I reset my password, the forced app shutdown cleared out the notifications.

Best Answer

I would like to know this too! Apparently fitbit doesn't allow you to delete these messages???

Best Answer
Yes,

To do this, just reset your device account as it links to your
computer/phone. Since I have an I phone and a gmail account , I was
constantly "signed in". Once i updated my gmail account, the fitbit reset
itself and all the old messages were cleared out.

I hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes