Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/23/2018: Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Ionic users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.10.20) I have decided to close this topic to further posts. 

If you still have not updated your Ionic to OS 2.1.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ionic unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. 

Thanks again to all the great feedback we have received on this firmware. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS update! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update - 6/7/18: Fitbit OS 2.1.1 has been released to 100% of Ionic users!

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1.1! (Firmware Version: 32.10.20)

We've started to roll out this update to 30% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

You can find the release notes for this new OS version by following the link, here.  

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

As a reminder, I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. 

Best Answer
561 REPLIES 561

Seriously?  How hard is it to document some details?

This release includes bug fixes and improvements
Best Answer

Thank you for the clarification. Yes then the features are missing. At least as per the 'what's new' post on the firmware update screen. Workaround? Are those features that I mentioned above is it available? Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then it's clear why we all have still the same problems!

Nothing solved!

So why is Fitbit happy to provide such update without solution?

Ridiculous!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Customized stats stuck for a couple of hours....later in the day went back to check and they reset back to default. So no, resetting it did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update brought back the broken calibration message for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

great to see new releases.

But something is broken and almost every time when i click on the link similar error is showing:

error.PNG

Would be nice issues like this one to be avoided.

Regards,

Kiko

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day.

I attempted to update the new firmware this morning. Both android 'phone and Ionic were 100% charging.

06:13  to  06:20 showed downloading.  06:20 showed installation. At 06:21 the Ionic activated and showed the blue bars which showed it was synching at that moment.  At 06:33 I got the message to restart bluetooth which I did. The firmware did not show as installed. I restarted the App and the Ionic but both remain at 27.32.10.20 

The strange thing is, now the option to install has disappeared from the app. The Ionic seems to be working ok in spite of this setback. I have fast Internet/Wifi connection.

I followed all procedures, and did not have any problem installing the firmware when I purchased the device.  I have contacted support for further assistance with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apprently that is the current version

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to say this is the current version. There was some confusion with the lead information where it states 32.10.20 whereas there is a 27 in front i.e. 27.32.10.20  The update was completed in about 18 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the update.

Just a few observations...mine got stuck and was not registering any activity, restart was needed.

After the restart, I saw the "calibration needed" message for the first time - and letting Ionic go through the process it seems now to be much more sensititive to registering mostly steps - meaning it registers fewer steps taken - much fewer I would say.

Anyone see anything similar?

Thanx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phew !!!! Took 2hrs and 40 minutes to update.. No failures..

I can only update via Wi-Fi on the phone and with Bluetooth to the Ionic.. I have a 5ghz Wi-Fi running off a 100mbs Fiber internet feed..  So I just put up with it.. The previous OS took 2 hours..

All finished successfully so we will start testing tomorrow...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone shows the current Ionic version as 32.10.20. My watch shows version 27.32.10.20. Is this the same? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

My phone shows the current Ionic version as 32.10.20. My watch shows version 27.32.10.20. Is this the same? 

Yes, @SunsetRunner, those are the same.  The app drops the first set of numbers, which do show on the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the update last night, and it downloaded/installed in 8 minutes.  When I received notice that update was available, I put the Ionic on the charger cable so it could connect to the WiFi, opened the Android app on the phone and started the download. It downloaded quickly, then went into the install. The install part took almost 5 minutes to complete, then it started a sync.  After everything completed, I restarted the Ionic, and everything has worked good since then.

Best Answer

Purchased my ionic in late November 2017 and was happy with the purchase. Up until a couple of days ago after latest f/w update multiple issues have popped up. Too many to talk about but basically my ionic is rendered useless. only prob I had up to this point was the pain of music transfer. the pain now is that since I purchased my ionic on ebay the fitbit support rep told me they could not help me and that it needed to be resolved by thru the seller. how would they know if the seller was experienced fixing Fitbit issues (exactly, not). I didn't call Fitbit to ask for a replacement but for technical help. Guess that's not going to happen and I'm not going to receive a replacement either so for all of you Yokels on this Forum who are going to slam me about where I purchased my ionic save your key strokes because I've already read them so it's played out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you suggested, @Made-in-808, I won't waste keystrokes on the fact that eBay is not an authorized reseller of FitBit.  But, if you could detail some of the problems you are having, other users here might be able to help you resolve them.  I have not had any problems since upgrading to the new firmware update, so can't offer any suggestions without knowing what you are experiencing.

Best Answer

Just to balance things out a little... Have had my Fitbit Ionic for a week or so - had the 32.10.15 s/w version.  Upgraded (iOS phone) - upgrade and install went fine.  I was having a problem with runs / walk recordings cutting out and unfortunately that is still happening. So, that bug hasn’t been squashed. But apart from that all ok. If Fitbit could only make exercise recording bombproof I’d be really happy. 

=======================================

Progressed through Fitbit One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Alta HR, Charge 2, Blaze, Flex 2 and now Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Known issue with Run Cues notification crashing a run recording was not fixed in this update.  Hope this gets fixed soon.   Telephone support tells me that the engineers are working on it, but it's been a problem for months.  Any status updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you!

I think most of us complain because we care:-), we love our Fitbit and want it to do as many things for us a possible!

still have my fingers crossed for that oxygen sensor to get activated:-)

Taking the Ionic for a half marathon on Sunday, in rainy Seattle, and it is SO AWESOME to have music / GPS / great tracking / credit cards on your wrist in a waterproof device - bring it on!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wizegeezer Yes - I heard about the run cues.  I’ve turned that off and it still crashes

=======================================

Progressed through Fitbit One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Alta HR, Charge 2, Blaze, Flex 2 and now Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes