Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Stopped Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had this watch for 18 months, taken good care of it with no issues.  Spent $300 on it at launch, and now I’m told I can spend another 160 to replace it.  Super disappointed with FitBit.  I’ve been a loyal customer up to this point, but unless FB makes this right, I will take my business elsewhere.  Sounds like there’s a big issue with the Ionic.  FitBit should stand behind their products, and either offer a repair service, or a free replacement.  For $300, a watch should last three years at least!

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Same here, I have used Fitbot for years, but I think I will move on. It is money, time and frustration. I don't see people with Garmin or Apple watches dealing with these issues. 

Best Answer

They are not going to replace it. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I have an iPhone, so I am considering Garmin or the iWatch. 

Best Answer

2yr warranty? They have only been offering a 1yr replacement. That's new

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kidolds442 

Geography perhaps?

European Union law stipulates that you must give the consumer a minimum 2-year legal guarantee warranty as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised  

Best Answer
0 Votes

LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY FOR NEW PRODUCTS

Fitbit warrants to the original purchaser that your Fitbit-branded device or accessories that are new (the "Product(s)") shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is two (2) years from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period").

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's hard to get motivated when your product doesn't work !

Best Answer

My fitbit ionic stopped working and is not even 2 years old  I have taken very good care of this and the amount I paid expect for  this watch I expected it last much longer than this    VERY disappointed in my ionic and would not recommend this to anyone if it does not last any longer than this

Best Answer
0 Votes

You must have taken very good care of your Ionic for it to have lasted so long! If you haven't already done so, get in touch with fitbit support. Their products may be crap but, from my experience, their customer support is quite helpful and hopefully get you a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I loved my ionic and did take very good care of it  but very disappointed that it did not last even two years . Have read others had this same problem and no help from fitbit to replace it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just experienced the same.  My Ionic is only 18 months old and has stopped recording steps and heart rate.  It’s been looked after and is **ahem** disappointing for such an expensive product

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes...disappointing a premium price product fails. Take it your outwith EU so only 1 year warranty. I'm on 3rd Ionic now in just over 2 years (2 replacements under warranty). Not experienced your problem...my issues both related to water ingress causing unit to fail. Always take off ionic now when swimming as its not waterproof in my opinion. Take it you have tried resetting etc..also fitbit support?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Chasing Fitbit support as we speak, I will update when I have something tangible. It’s a bit of a shame when the price doesn’t deliver on the promise.

Dave George
+64 274 306 551 M
Best Answer
0 Votes
18 months is about the same time mine lasted    
Best Answer
0 Votes
i bought myself an apple watch for Christmas.. my husband has the Ionic as well and his will no longer track sleep and he hasn't done the update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine went completely dead and it  was only about 18 months also.  They offered  me a small discount about the same price you can get one on sale     I have not replaced it  yet and am not planning on buying a fitbit  .I loved my Ionic when it worked but very dissatisfied with the reliability of this product  In Europe they have a two year warranty but that does not do us any good in the US

Best Answer

my son has had an apple watch for years and loves it . So far he has had no problems with his  The only reason I didn't get an apple watch at the time was because I wanted better battery life between charges  Big mistake for me I had better battery life between charges but then dead battery after just 18 months 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine died yesterday. Second one, this one I had for some 18 months, previous one for around a year. Had a pre death hickup two days ago. Emptied the battery and yesterday it started. Behaved strangely. Leaving it over night and then this morning it is a brick.

Will try all different key combos, but fearing it gone.

Been part of the Fitbit community and gethered steps with it since 2015. Would hate to give it up. 

Specially now with Google ownership they should behave way better and focus more on quality.

Best Answer
Well, I have been dealing with Fitbit support and they have been fantastic. I followed a range of suggestions which didn’t do the job but then just received an email from them say as all options were exhausted, they were going to replace the Ionic. I was pretty happy with that as I didn’t want to change out of the fitbit community (or to pay for a new device.

Dave

Dave George
+64 274 306 551 M
Best Answer

Glad they are replacing your Ionic  I don't know how many times I contacted them and also exhausted  all my options to get it working again but was only given a small discount equal to a sale price . I was very happy with my Ionic when it worked but for the price I paid expected it to last MUCH longer than 18 months.They do not repair them  either so I will try another brand before I pay for a new fitbit Ionic .  

Best Answer
0 Votes