Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic losing connection to phone constantly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a very short time frame of experience with the Ionic - 24 hours.  It has been a painful time with the Ionic not staying connected to my phone (Pixel XL running 8.0).  But during the past 24 hours I have had to restart or repair the ionic numerous times in order to get the watch to sync only to have it stop syncing within an hour or so.  I have reached out to support a couple of times and each time they have given me steps to get it connected - BUT that is not sustainable to do daily.

I cannot be the only one with this problem.  A quick search showed some steps to fix it which only work less than half of the time. 

I am trying to figure out at this time if it is software or hardware problems.....  I really like the watch and want to get mine working with no problems.  I had been using a One and there was never any issues with sync or connections to my phone.

Honestly not sure what I am expecting to get from this post - maybe someone else had the same issues that they fixed?

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

My Ionic is doing the same thing! Thanks for sharing

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem with it syncing to my Droid turbo. I think I'm going to return the Ionic because I don't need to be frustrated several times a day over a watch. Looks like this has been an on-going problem for people since October... Why isn't the problem fixed? I've come across several posts saying that the issue is fixed, but I find that to be untrue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Out of frustration, I tried removing all other BT devices and it didn't work anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is fit bit going to do anything about the situation BC 4 months of this non sense is crazy i even bought a new phone and still the same issues

Sent from Chad D Miller
Best Answer
It is not fixed at all. I can guarantee that
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a depressing thread to read -having only just bought my Ionic yesterday Im beginning to think I made a huge error!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a good product for heart rate frequency measurement, calories and
steps. The product is very resistant and the quality of the materials is
absolutely great. I'm wearing it on a everyday basis, I wear it during my
Krav Maga trainings and I find it very resistant and versatile. The only
problem is that it doesn't work well when it comes up to synchronize it to
the mobile or the laptop. In all fairness I find frustrating the fact that
the producing company is not giving sufficient attention to this problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep,.. Only thing I love about fitbit is cuz of health and fitness and log food and sleep. Either than that I would use a different product. Fitbit if you're reading this get your act together seriously. I know they put out new fitbit 2.0 operating system. It's ok but not all that. And what really pisses me off they made a new fitbit versa. But they should concentrate on refining the bugs. Smh 

Best Answer
I agree with you 100%.
Best Answer

I took my ionic back and exchanged it for a new one.  The new watch works perfectly every time, I changed nothing else and use all the same settings as before.  The setup process took 5 minutes instead of the hours and many failed attempts for the previous watch. I can now start the app and it syncs fully within 10 seconds every time.  This tells me it was a hardware issue with the watch.  I strongly suggest that if you are having syncing issues with your Ionic exchange it for a new watch straight away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this problem with my Fitbit One and my Pixel XL for months now. This company doesn't have a fix and I don't think they ever will. Screw Fitbit. I wish they had stronger competition. Support tried to give me 25% off a new device... Insulting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well as the OP thought I would update and mention that I moved from the Pixel XL to the iPhone X and have not had a single problem with sync or notifications.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really leaves the Android users in the dust. Fitbit shouldn't say they support Android devices when half of the"officially supported" ones don't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could we create a thread documenting phones that work and ones that don't (similar format to the official supported list?) Can see both sides - must be a nightmare trying to code reliably against thousands of variations of Android hardware and OS.

I had all the issues described above but with the help of tech support, now working 100%. OnePlus 5T, running a public beta of Oxygen OS (based on Oreo 8.1).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was also having the broken sync problem every two or three days. The only thing that would fix it was to unpair/repair the device. I tried disabling everything in the app (all day sync, notifications, etc...) then re-enabled everything and have not had any connectivity issues for close to a week now. I'm using an LG G6.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 2 weeks into owning my ionic. It is frustrating to the point of distraction.  I'm constantly resetting both the Bluetooth connection to my galaxy s8 and my ionic . I now have a constant connection...... but no messages or calls . Why is this ???? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Because the device and the firmware of the device are faulty. I understand
**ahem** happens and that technical problems need a certain amount of time to
get sorted, but what I'm experiencing with fitbit is that it seems to me
that the company is not giving a **ahem** about costumer care. Giving a public
space for the customer 's complaint it is simply not enough. I' m stuck as
well in to the field of technology and electronic development, all I can
say I'm not positively impressed by the attention given to the customer
after the sell of the product. Really, it is just unacceptable.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fedup23 wrote:

I am 2 weeks into owning my ionic. It is frustrating to the point of distraction.  I'm constantly resetting both the Bluetooth connection to my galaxy s8 and my ionic . I now have a constant connection...... but no messages or calls . Why is this ???? 

Check in the Fitbit app settings for your Ionic under General, Notifications that it still has permissions to access calls and your message app. Seems to lose these permissions sometimes. It tells you with a red message if notifications can't work cos of this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya I called last week and really laid it down on customer service representative. Not cursing just was venting and told it how it was. If fitbit is reading this instead of mass production of a new watch they really need to focus on the operating system. Cuz yes the watch will loose connection Bluetooth on my iPhone 6s. And so I've had to toggle the Bluetooth off then on which looses connection with headphones. So right now I'm giving it one last try then I'll just put the watch in the drawer. I've researched Garmin looks decent. I have my old jawbone up24 which is awesome but uts just a bangle band. I like the nike fuel band design but doesn't log sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I complained to fitbit and they sent me a new device. Will see what happens. But honestly fitbit is in its infant stage making smart watches. Too many issues. What really makes me mad is they went out and made the versa and not even concerned about their operating system fitbit 2.0

Idk still thinking of leaving fitbit. Heard Garmin is good. But apple doesn't have what I need or looking for regarding sleep and fitness and stats 

Best Answer
0 Votes