Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reset my screen using left and bottom buttons as my data wasn’t showing. Screen came back on but mo change. Tried another reset and now my screen won’t come on at all. Still syncing with my iPhone but screen completely off

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

Nope. This **ahem** is not working and Fitbit is not resolving anything. It’s obviosly an update error but they won’t acknowledge it. 

it’s been a month for me and my $300 ionic is a brick now. Only used it for 16 months. Thanks @Fitbit what a waste of money. 

Best Answer

For real. If Fitbit doesn't see or acknowledge these countless posts of their product failing, and take action soon, then they have no business even putting consumer products on the market. Maybe everyone should report to Better business bureau. Seems like a sham to me

@TriBriK  but my faith in Fitbit is slipping. After seeing the massive amount of product failing. Yeah they sent a replacement, but they shouldn't even have put out faulty watches/software that need replacing in the first place. And this is nowhere near "solved". Replacing a broke one with another that can/will have the same issue is not a solution. It will be resolved when they get to the bottom of what error is causing these massive failures and fix it. 

Best Answer

My also failed... I left it off for a few days, came back to it "dead".  I thought maybe it was just no charge, but I've tried multiple USB ports on my computers, and multiple outlook power adapters at this point.

Best Answer

I am on my 3rd Fitbit in 12 months. First one died after less than 9 months (never stopped counting steps), replacement died after less than 2 months (did not charge/switch on anymore), the latest brand new replacement does not even work out of the box (does not charge/switch on).

What an utter, utter farce. There must be something major wrong with the Ionic considering all the issues reported here. 

Best Answer

Just got off with their tech support. 

"Know that all Fitbit products has gone through extensive tests to meet expected needs and standards of our customers such as yourself. We're constantly working to improve and deliver product materials and designs that meet the high-quality standards."

Sure, except for when you DON'T test extensively and release an update that bricks a large portion of watches.  Most people won't come to the forums, but the fact that there are a bunch of people here with the exact same issue, at the exact same time, indicates that it's something that FITBIT did, not us... and not a one-off defect.

"I really am sorry for what has happened. We don't have any information about the firmware update that would affect the Ionics to stopped working all of the sudden."

Bull**ahem**.  If that's the case, then your engineers aren't doing their jobs.

Best Answer

I want to add in that my fitbit Ionic stopped working as well 15 days after the warranty ended.  I ordered mine on February 10, 2018 and it stopped working on February 25, 2019.  15 days after the warranty ended.  I tried everything I could find on these forums to try and get it to work.  Just contacted the chat support today hoping for a fix and was only offered a discount.  I'm really disappointed that the warranty was setup that way.  I'm debating a new one but not sure that the discount will be enough for me and my family budget. I would love to know if there is anything else that can be done about resolving my issue.  Was at medium battery life according to the sync and just stopped responding. Blank screen, no lights showing on the back.... nothing.

Edit: How can I go about opening a ticket about this? The customer service chat walked me through the same steps that I had already tried but was unsuccessful. My Ionic was operating on the firmware version 27.33.1.30 when it died.

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thank you for continue participating in the Community forums. If you're experiencing issues with your Ionic screen not turn on, you may want to check this post and try the steps listed there. 

Also, I would like to remind everyone about our Community Guidelines and to keep a friendly environment. 

Thank you for sharing your experience @Allegic2Aging

Hey there @AndrewFitz. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried. Sorry to hear that this happened to your watch. I would like you to confirm that you've restarted your Ionic and that you've fully charging it but this time try changing USB ports. 

Hey @SunsetRunner. I'm happy to hear that Fitbit helped you lose 180 lbs. If you already have a case with our Support team, you can continue the communication through email and they will continue assisting you.

Hey @HollyDay74 , @WisdomWolf. and @withingsmart.  If you have any questions about your Ionic that stopped working, you can contact back our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner. I appreciate the details that you've mentioned. Sorry to hear about what happened to your Ionic. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. Please continue the communication through email, they will be happy to continue assisting you. 

Hey there @argude. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. Sorry to hear about your Ionic. Your feedback is appreciated and we're always looking to provide you with the best customer service. Each case is reviewed individually and the solution that our team provides you is based in our Fitbit Warranty

Thank you for sharing with the Community your experience with our Support team @TriBriK. Hope you can continue enjoying your Ionic. 

Hey @SunsetRunner, @SarahSpainhour9@MrPinkLive, @SunsetRunner, @MrPinkLive and @JohnByui. Your comments are appreciated. Sorry to hear about what happened to your Ionics. Each case is reviewed individually and the resolution that our Support team provides is based in the Fitbit Warranty. 

Also, you can learn more about Accepted Solutions by checking this post: About: Accepted Solutions.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.  

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
LOL good to know that SilviaFitbit totally isn't a bot, considering that
she can't even recognize that she put my name in twice. The fact that
Fitbit can't realize that this should be something handled OUTSIDE of
warranty, since it's obvious that it was something that Fitbit did to our
devices, speaks volumes.
Best Answer

Just had same problem. Fitbit just suddenly doesn't work anymore (bought it Christmas 2017).  Was offered a 25% discount.  My Charge2 is still running, I even bought a fitbit scale last Christmas.  Can't believe Fitbit won't stand behind their products anymore.  My kids are laughing at me telling me I should have bought at Apple Watch.  Should have listened.

Update: So frustrating. I walk through all the steps to reset it and nothing. Chat with customer service and all they can do is say they will give you 25% off a future one!  Did you buy yours in that same time frame of Nov. 17-Feb. 18?  Why would I want to pay 75% of a defective product?

Seems like we all have a similar experience..

1) we all bought our ionics in the same 90 day or so window

2) all of them have the same problem (working perfectly one day and suddenly not)

3) we all go through same troubleshooting steps as outlined in these forums

4) we all connect with customer service at some point and are offered somewhere in the 25-40% ratio of a discount since our warranties have all expired recently (I activated mine 1/8/18)

5) all of us are pretty frustrated at the deaf ears it seems that customer service to a group of (increasingly so) former Fitbit users who were so loyal to the brand (I bought a Fitbit scale at the beginning of the year and through the scale and increase in exercise has lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the year) only to have our loyalty ignored to what seems like a defective shipment or part 

Is there anything you can do with customer service and your branding department to allow our voices to be heard?  I was surprised to find so many people who describe the EXACT symptoms and timing and negative response from Fitbit???

At least you got a replacement. Most of us just got a 25% coupon for another one. Let us know how you worked that magic for another one Slightly Smiling Face

Exact same response here

Welcome to the club. Was you unit purchased  sometime between November 17 and Feb. 18

Best Answer

I will have to add my Ionic to the list of dead Ionics. It died this morning. It logged my sleep last night. I sat down, and put it on charge. It had 78% full, then went black. It never responded again.

Best Answer

I'm sure it was... it was purchased as a Christmas gift in 2017.

Best Answer

Exactly confirming  my suspicion. Probably a 90 day window where it was a faulty shipment 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic, which was purchase in December 2017, did the same exact thing - just quit. I had the squaretrade warranty so got a replacement. Guess what? After two months the replacement just did the same thing. I think I'm done!

Best Answer

Soooo, I just got of the phone with customer service. After reading from a script (because it sounded like that) they offered a 25% on any fitbit and a 40% discount for the Ionic. They were busy, so I guess a lot of phone calls. In addition, they are recollecting data of where it was purchase, and the date. I will continue to search the internet wonderland for a solution. 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit How can I go about opening a case for my individual Issue? If anyone else happens to have an answer to that it would be greatly appreciated.

The post you linked to for steps to troubleshoot are steps that I have already tried, but thank you for making sure.

Best Answer

@JohnByui just call customer support of use the chat feature.

Phone:

(877) 623-4997

Every day 4am-9pm PT

Chat:

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Then click "Live Chat"

Finally ask for case number after following the troubleshooting script and confirming the device truly is broken.

Best Regards,
Brian

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen to my Ionic.  Purchased 2/12/18.  Did the Chat with Customer Service and a new one is on it's way to me.  I figured with everything I read here it would be a replacement discount, not full replacement.  I'm very surprised and pleased with customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me in as another frustrated Ionic owner. Got an Ionic as a Xmas gift in December 2017. Been working perfectly but has up and died on me today so that's 16 months for $425 New Zealand dollars, 4 months out of warranty...  I doubt I'll purchase a Fitbit again after this.

Best Answer

Mine died last night.  Worked all day.  Was still charged. Went for a walk & tapped it to see time.  No response.  Charged it when I got home - no response.  Changed chargers & outlets - still no response.  But from what I am reading I. This feed, it isn’t going to turn back on.  

Bought my ionic when it was first released.  Warranty won’t cover it anymore.   But this seems like major issue with the ionic.  

Best Answer

Same.  Mine died last night/early this morning.  I didn't wake up to my alarm I have set on my FitBit, and it will not turn on, even after sitting on the charger.  Sounds like some software or something got pushed out and bricked them.  Mine was charged yesterday (I charge mine on Monday afternoons pretty regularly) so I know it wasn't for a lack of charge.  I suppose I'll have to open a case as well. 

Best Answer