Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reset my screen using left and bottom buttons as my data wasn’t showing. Screen came back on but mo change. Tried another reset and now my screen won’t come on at all. Still syncing with my iPhone but screen completely off

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

Im in Canada so I dont have the Pandora app either

Best Answer

Update on my issue with my Ionic: After being told by Fitbit that they will not honor my warranty on my 4-month-old Ionic, I contacted Square Trade (so glad I had purchased their 2-year extended warranty when I bought my Fitbit!). At first they told me to contact Fitbit, since it was still covered under the Fitbit manufacturer's 1-year warranty.  I told Square Trade that I had already explored that route only to have Fitbit say that they would not cover it because it was purchased on EBay through an "unauthorized reseller".  It was a brand new device in its original sealed packaging, with model and serial numbers on the box.  I had no idea the seller had to be certified by Fitbit. SquareTrade then told me, after hearing my story, that they would be happy to honor my extended warranty with them. The process with SquareTrade has gone quickly and smoothly. Therefore, I suggest that anyone buying a Fitbit from eBay, or anywhere else for that matter, spend the extra money and buy a SquareTrade extended warranty. 

Best Answer

@Allegic2Aging can you describe how the process worked with Squaretrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you describe how the process worked with Squaretrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I left it on the charger all day but the screen was non responsive. Searched for hours for a solution however nothing worked. I’ve had this since October of 2017 and I did not want to end this relationship with my Ionic. 

My solution after quite a bit of panic was to hold the left button along with the bottom right, while connected to the charger. Still holding the buttons I removed the charging cable and reconnected it and then released the buttons. 

It came alive! 

Best Answer
This is not working for me

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner, @Prettypoise5@withingsmart and @Allegic2Aging. Thank you for sharing your experience with our Support team. Your feedback is appreciated. Hope you can give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. 

Welcome to the Community @TriBriK. I appreciate the details that you've mentioned and the case number that you shared. I've shared your post with my team and they are going to reply to you through an email within the same case number that you provided.

Hey there @cmgomes and @LoopyLorn.Thank you for the troubleshooting that you've tried. Sorry to hear that after the steps that you performed, your Ionic is still not working properly. I've shared your post with Support and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

Thank you for sharing your experience @Wayne.McGlinn, @SunsetRunner, @wnysubaru@k_casey26 and @NikkiMal

Welcome to the Community @Daveydarko@Perinirob,  @MB_Reddy,  @WisdomWolf and @YWNWA. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried. The option that's being provided by our Support team depends on what they determine. I've created a case on your behalf with them, please continue the communication through email. 

Hey @SarahSpainhour9! I appreciate the details that you've shared. Your feedback is appreciated. I would like you to make sure that you've tried this syncing troubleshooting. It's weird that's showing you the found it message but not actually syncing. Also, check that you have the latest app version

Welcome to the Community @MrSilicon. Sorry to hear that your Ionic isn't turning on. I've shared your case with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them.

Thank you for your feedback @HollyDay74@Saundraj and @SunsetRunner. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Square Trade extended warranty at the same time I purchased my Ionic.  It was only about $18 dollars for a 2-year warranty, so I figured it was a pretty good deal.  I believe that you can buy one even after your product purchase but it's more expensive - but don't quote me on that.  Go to their website to confirm.  Anyway, I contacted them after Fitbit would not honor my 1-year manufacturer's warranty and explained my situation.  They asked me to email them copies of my communications with Fitbit support, which I did right away.  It was late at night on a Saturday, and they emailed me a couple of hours later and told me that they would certainly let me use my warranty with them to resolve my problem.  They gave me a toll-free number to call them 24/7 to proceed with my claim. So, I called them immediately (at 10:30 on a Saturday night), and they sent me a prepaid shipping label to send my Fitbit to them to see if it could be repaired.  If it can't be fixed, they will either send me a new one or reimburse me for a replacement.  At this point, I mailed it yesterday and they will get it tomorrow.  They will have an answer for me in 2-5 days.  So, it's all going very smoothly so far.  I will keep you posted.  I also read lots of 5-star reviews for Square Trade and I can see why.

Best Answer

Add me to the list of suddenly dead Ionics. Bought mine 10/1/17 and it last synced about two hours ago. Charged it, tried all the button combos, but it's dead now. No response from my ionic and nothing but a blank screen. This was my first Fitbit. $330 for 1.5 years 😕

Best Answer
@SilviaFitbit do you see a trend here? A rash of bad luck or a defective
product? When you see this many reported cases, you start thinking the
later. The answer is not a 25% discount. Look at my Fitbit stats. Read my
story. I have lost 180lbs with the help of my Fitbit and now run
5k/10k/half marathons. A lot of people ask me about my story. A 15 month
old Fitbit that quit working and Fitbit said “oh well” is now part of that
story. You guys need to make it right with me, and all of these other hard
working people.
--
Kevin R. Jones
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Kevin

It's AMAZING that your Fitbit helped you lose 180lbs-that is awesome....but isn't it terrible that hundreds of us (and those are just people that come to the forums to post) have Ionics that have failed at the 12-15 month time period. I will never understand how Fitbit get's away with this. I would love for the company to stand behind their product; for them to tell us WHY the device is failing at this crucial time period. They don't seem to have an explanation; all they offer is a discount on a new one...no thank you!

Best Answer

My Ionic died yesterday 4/2/19. It had 80% charge when I put it on the charger as I got in the shower. When I grabbed to put it on after the shower it was dead. I did have Pandora on it and I believe it died when it connected to WiFi to update my offline stations. My Ionic had worked perfectly for 16 months.

Best Answer

I have run into this same exact thing. My ionic had a charge and then suddenly went to a brick with no explanation. I contacted Fitbit and got the same response of the discount  Why would I rebuy something I spent 300 bucks on 1.5 years ago that so many people are having the same issue with?!?  So frustrating!  And customer service was an absolute joke  Spoke to a "supervisor" who just quoted the same discount over and over again. If they can't send me a replacement, because its obviously a huge issue with many many people, then I'll be moving to Garmin.  I've been evaluating my options. Too bad, I loved my Ionic and never had a single issue with it, but Fitbit's absolutely horrible "customer service" and inability to see the trend here and do what's needed to correct the issue will lose a customer. Not only that, but I will make sure every person I speak to about wearables will know the same thing. I talked 3 other people into buying an Ionic and boy do I regret it now. Fix it Fitbit,  or you will never get another purchase from me or anyone I know ever again  Ridiculous! Case #29570747 in case anyone from Fitbit on here reads these.

Best Answer

While I appreciate you opening a case for me, aside from your comment that you opened the case I haven't heard anything regarding it, but honestly unless Fitbit is ready to admit there is a problem and either fix it or replace these devices without charge there is little point in wasting my time. The only discount that I'll accept is 100%.  When my Ionic died I ended up going back to my Pebble Time which still works surprisingly well for a four year old device from a company that has been gone several years at this point. However, I really like HR monitoring and the enhanced sleep tracking that comes with it. I've purchased a Galaxy Watch for now, because I don't want to wait for Fitbit to figure out that they are wrong here and I don't have time to jump through hoops and play 20 questions with support so that they can possibly offer me some kind of discount.

Best Answer
I have an engineer friend looking at mine. He used an outside power supply
to fully charge the battery and the unit still won’t power on. Definitely a
motherboard issue. He is waiting on a more powerful microscope to come in,
and he is going to investigate further. If there is any fixing, he can do
it.
--
Kevin R. Jones
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had the same experience with my online chat with customer service for an hour and a half. They read off the same script and offered no real solutions. The customer service person repeatedly apologized, but 25% off was it for me. Do they really think I’m stupid enough to give them more money? At least offer a new device at wholesale instead of trying to make more margin off a disgruntled customer. Unbelievable way of doing business.

Update: KevinJ,

I’m curious what your friend will find. If I had to guess, I would say someone wrote some bad code which fried our watches. When I talked to customer service they told me my watch had last synced at 7:45am and had a 96% charge. When I put it on the charger at 7:30am it was at 80%, so it charged for 15 minutes and then died. Hope so me of my details help solve this mass failure. 

Best Answer

Let us know how he makes out with your Fitbit.

Update: I'm also curious as to why it says "SOLVED" at the top of this board. I don't see a single post here that shows a solution to this massive failure issue!

Best Answer
@SilviaFitbit, neither mine nor anyone else’s is “solved”! Nor happy!
--
Kevin R. Jones
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit 

Thank you so much for your help! I received a replacement request and should be back up and running in a few days. You have renewed my confidence in the brand to do what is right regardless of defined warranty period. This also shows the power of the community to band together and achieve our goals whether fitness related or even product replacement.

All told this makes me proud to wear a FitBit everyday and tell everyone I know about the benefits in provides 🙂

Update: @KevinJ @Allegic2Aging 

Just an FYI, I believe this thread already showed as solved before I initially posted, but I figured it couldn't hurt to add my story anyhow. There were a few people in the beginning that received special assistance from moderators as I just did from @SilviaFitbit . Trust in the power of community and be kind to the moderators. Thankfully the call / chat center employees do not appear to have final say in our destiny.

Best Regards,

Brian

Best Regards,

Brian

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit 

If you are seeing massive failures with our Ionics, how are only select few getting replacements?

Best Answer