Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ionic won’t sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my husband a brand New Ionic for Christmas and this morning he noticed it won’t sync at all. Is the only hope to unpair and delete from phone Bluetooth and reset up as a new device (which was the help guideline I saw on an older post). Has this not been fixed with a system upgrade or something? So confused as the watch was just set up yesterday. Thanks for the help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
79 REPLIES 79

Fitbit’s tech support is the pits. They started outsourcing a few years  back or something. I know more than they do and that is not what I expect when I have a problem. As for sync issues, all I ever do is restart my actual device- it takes 10 to 20 seconds and then I’m good. I have an Apple Watch and I hate it. It’s main function is to replicate your phone on a watch whereas Fitbit is all about Fitness which is why I wanted it. I don’t want the same thing 5 different ways! In addition I’m getting word from several friends that they have LOST 2 years worth of data with the Apple Watch when they get upgrades. So all electronics have their issues. Every one has to decide what they can deal with.

Best Answer

I have used an Apple Watch daily for a year and a half. It works flawlessly. It tells the time... which is something my new FitBit refuses to do. I have restarted the FB. I have restarted Bluetooth. I have factory reset the FB. I have restarted the iPhone and stood on my head. No other devices are using my Bluetooth. The FB is fully charged and one inch from the iPhone. Nothing.

It appears my FB is a fancy black bracelet and nothing more.

Best Answer

I have gone through these steps a number of times. Works initially then drops out. Sometimes it takes hours for the phone to find the fitbit to add it again after I chose "forget this device".  This seems like a very convoluted way to get my watch to sync, currently 11 May 2018 was the last time my successfully synced (also the last time I went through the whole massive process). Amusingly, when I log into fitbit on the laptop it politely tells me it looks like it's a long time since I've synced the phone. Fitbit humour right there.

Surely there is going to be a fix for this without having to delete and re-add the device etc etc every single time?

Best Answer

Tell me about it. Mine have not synced for a week and the frustration grows. Have tried every advice. Not happy at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After multiple calls and complaints to customer service and a demand for my money back they finally offered me a replacement. The replacement doesn’t have the syncing issues my fist FB did but it remains glitchy. The apps rarely work and I continue to only sporadically get notifications of calls, texts and social media posts. I regret upgrading. I should have spent the extra $100 on the Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Did you resolve this issue?

Just bought the Ionic and it will not sync to Android 7, frustrating to say the least.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

OH NO!

I was just about to purchase an Ionic online tonight and was doing some looking around at reviews and then found this thread. Bit of an eye-opening read. 

Really not sure if I should purchase one now because there are some very bad problems from super frustrated people being posted in this thread. To be honest I have found similar posts on other websites. 

Anyone think it's worth purchasing the Ionic or should I just look for somehting else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't decide for you... but based on my own personal experience, I would not buy an Ionic again. There is no indication it will ever work for me at all. My Apple Watch works perfectly day in and day out. No issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Would never buy Ionic again.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
McLaren confidentiality statement: "The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s). Unauthorized use, disclosure, forwarding or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me IMMEDIATELY at the phone number or pager listed above."
Best Answer
0 Votes
So I uninstalled and downloaded Fit bit App again and everything has gone
great. No issues. I had a blaze before and despite removing it, it wasnt
enough.
How do Versa reviews look?
I have no complaints since reloading the App!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done this along with all of the other steps that have been suggested.  Still only works for a little while and then goes right back to having the same problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
I uninstalled and then reinstalled, the Fitbit app on my phone, and
everything has worked great since!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@nathannathaniel @Wendo123 @SunsetRunner @Kjlyn0 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic not syncing. Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

@nathannathaniel @Wendo123 @SunsetRunner Are you still experiencing the same? If you are please try these syncing troubleshooting steps (if you already did try them again in the order given there for best results).

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the update. I'm very glad to hear that you are back on track now! 

@Kjlyn0  I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. Please try them in the order given there for best results. 

@Cdiefendorf I hope you're doing well! Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this. Glad to hear you got a replacement unit.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your watch. Then, check if you are able to sync, If not you can also try the rest of the steps I left on the links above. 

Make sure to check if you have any upgrades available for Ionic. A new one was just released. Check this post for more details.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you for asking. I was finally able to get my watch to pair and sync, and it seems to be functional. I do not know why it eventually connected. The first time, it merely showed in the top left corner of my iPhone as a connected device, then immediately disappeared again. Some time, it began the process of syncing. Who knows why.

As an owner of both an Apple Watch and a Fitbit, I am able to compare them. The Fitbit is "clunky" compared to the Apple Watch. Many of the functions are not very intuitive. While my Fitbit does tell me when it's time to go to sleep, I have yet to find any way to access sleep records. Even the watch strap is awkward. I broke 2 nails trying to swap out the short strap for the longer one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Santi,

Yes I have tried these steps more than once and in the order that is
described. Ever since the latest firmware update, there has been
improvement but apparently there are still bugs that need to be worked
out. The first time I open the app each day to sync the watch it seems to
take multiple attempts until it finally syncs. I have opened the app
before and it wouldn't sync, so I did a force quit and tried again. I've
left the app open for several minutes before and it would keep cycling
through "connected - syncing - looking - connected - syncing - looking"
over and over without actually syncing the data. It's like it finds it and
begins to sync, but then loses it and has to find it again. I would force
quit the app and try again with the same results. EVENTUALLY, it would
sync. Once it syncs the first time, it will continue to sync the rest of
the day with no problems. The next day, however it would have the same
problems. Every single time the app switches to a new day, it has trouble
syncing. Once it syncs though, it's good for the rest of the day. So, it
seems to me just from my observation that it has something to do with
switching over to a new day. At least mine does anyway. This morning I
opened the app just once and it went through the whole
"connected-syncing-looking" cycle about five times and then finally
synced. Not too big of a deal, but tomorrow it may take a force quit or
two and then about five or ten minutes of that cycling before it finally
syncs. It's just not consistent.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine synced for a few weeks and now won't again. Have tried all posted options. Now even the time's wrong, so this expensive piece of junk isn't even useful as a watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you deleted app and re loaded it? It's what worked for me!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, 12 times today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed tech support today and told them everything I've tried, they responded...repeating every step back to me asking if I tried it yet. Verbatim: "You since mention you have try troubleshooting"

My hopes aren't high.

Best Answer

What do you do if your Ionic won’t sync, it was a Christmas present, and now it’s the end of June?  I am running around turning the Bluetooth on/off, turning the Ipad on/off, and generally feeling at a loss.

Best Answer