Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not charging or turning on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic died during the night, and when I went to charge it this morning, nothing. Did not turn on, not reseting.....nothing. Has anyone else had a problem so far? Contacted FitBit support, was told to leave it on charge overnight and see what happens? Not a happy chap to say the least....

Had it for all of 48 hours....

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So, after almost giving up and about to ring FitBit again. 

I managed to get it to turn back on, following a thing I did with my Charge HR. 
Holding the left button and bottom button while inserting the power cable into the plug, it magically sprung to life!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

I've had a different issue but customer support dealt with it very quickly, I hope they do the same for yourself.

As for the device not turning on you are not the first to report such an issue, which is a little concerning. I presume you have already performed the usual troubshooting steps (hard restart) if you've been in contact with support.

I would suggest you contact them again to arrange a replacement, as even if it has restarted it could be the signs of an underlying hardware issue.

Good luck. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Yeah, I tried it all prior to ringing them, and then again while on the phone.

That is rather worrying...

But I hope so. I can't fault FitBit Customer Support to be honest, they have always been great when I have spoken to them. I'll leave it plugged in for a while and then call them back if nothing happens. 

Just rather disheartened that my new device has fallen over so soon..... 

Best Answer

I sympathise with you as I've been through the same feeling of disheart myself. Although my Ionic is still functional so that softens the blow slightly.

Its frustrating but I imagine they will send a new one with free expedited shipping like they have with mine, that will at least minimise the time without a device.

I suspect they will ask for the old device back but I can understand they are keen to investigate these issues further.

Please keep us updated on your progress, it's interesting and reassuring for others to see how these situations are handled. Thanks.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Holding the left button and bottom button while inserting the power cable into the plug, it magically sprung to life!!

Best Answer

@dannyb2100 wrote:

Glad to hear it's working again, hopefully it was just a software issue of some sort. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

I am having the same problem but I had for under 24 hours before it packed in, it was at 95% charge the first night but I left it on all day synch ( at midnight) and woke up at 8am to a dead watch 😕

Best Answer

Same issue it’s frustrating 

Best Answer

Got mine working after a week of it being dead, had nothing to do with holding down buttons I simply used a different charger, I tried my LG one , my gf's Apple one and directly into my computers USB port but they couldnt start it then I tried my gf's cheap 3rd party socket and it worked instantly and charged it up now it is working fine. Apparently the same thing happened with her fitbit charge 2 and had to use the 3rd party socket for it to work

Best Answer

@dannyb2100 wrote: 

Hi Danny, thanks for posting this fix! 

Mine did exactly the same thing and I'd tried every button combo I could think of. Your tip turned it back on straight away. 

Still concerning that this is happening to such a new device however  😞

Best Answer

Same here.  Seemed to go dead on me when I had long workout and sweaty wrist.  Unsure.  Dead and will not do anything.

@dannyb2100 wrote:

My Ionic died during the night, and when I went to charge it this morning, nothing. Did not turn on, not reseting.....nothing. Has anyone else had a problem so far? Contacted FitBit support, was told to leave it on charge overnight and see what happens? Not a happy chap to say the least....

Had it for all of 48 hours....

Same here.  Seemed to go dead on me when I had long workout and sweaty wrist.  Unsure.  Dead and will not do anything.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Try holding the right button plus bottom left button down and connect the charger simultaneously.

Has worked for a few people. Good luck!
Best Answer

Ha!  Thanks for posting this tip, Danny!  Worked like a charm for me.

Best Answer
I tried everything as well but the whole pushing the buttons down while plugging the cable in actually worked for me too!!! Thanks! lol
Best Answer

Unfortunately after just purchasing the ionic today, unboxing and setting up, it lost its charge, and will not charge at all. The touch screen did not work right off the bat. Because they battery lost it’s charge and no matter how long I leave it plugged in, (tried different plugs, outlets, computers and laptops) it still would read 0%. After contacting customer service, their best option was for me to take a video of the issue, and send it to them so they could determine a return. With all of the issues of trying to get the thing running, and everything I have read so far, and what they want me to do before they can determine the return, this will be the very last Fitbit ANYTHING I purchase ever again. I have tried everything but nothing works and there is no battery to do a factory reset. So I will take it back to the store, and go with what my heart told me to begin with which is the Apple Watch. After coming from the 3 year old charge HR I thought I would try this, but it was a HUGE waste of time and money. I do not, and would never recommend this to anyone, and the fact that customer service asked for video proof before determining a return is deeply disturbing and they should be  ashamed!!! Obviously I am not the only one experiancing this issue, and it’s been going on for a few months now, and they still have not yet fixed it, only tells me they want the money for a crap product!!! 

Best Answer

What is a third party socket?

I had the EXACT same issue and agree completely! I have been purchasing from Fitbit for 3 years now and this is the first time I have EVER had an issue with their customer service. They have NEVER asked for video proof from me that my device is broke until last night and then they determined that I need to send it back and get a replacement (which will take 3 weeks). ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!! It's stuck on 0% and won't charge at all. I have tried everything.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for posting that!! I just tried that and it worked 😄 I was discouraged thinking my new Ionic bit the biscuit already and I did what you wrote and poof it's up and running 🙂 YAY!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this info... it's worked to get mine going after 24 hours of 0% battery and not charging.

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue.  Not turning on after was on night before when went to bed. Will have to contact support and find out underlying problem.  

Best Answer

omg i got exact same problem

😞

Best Answer