Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

I have emailed them to see what they say. Really keen to get this going asap!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JackieJ86 wrote:

I have emailed them to see what they say. Really keen to get this going asap!

Great,

Please let me know if you get anywhere! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do. If I don't here back after lunch I'm going to give them a call.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to let you know, I'm up and running. My only explanation is time... As in, it needed it. Like about an hour and a half or so... then, the card, (with a picture displayed this time) appeared properly in my wallet and the "activate" option was finally available. Sync to Ionic worked perfectly after that. Thanks for reaching out. #@CarlosCFitbit

Best Answer

When you clicked on the wallet what came up next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

2017-10-05_14-13-18.jpg

I just realised you can only ring the US so I went through the chat instead. This is pretty much the sum of it. So I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Carlos - 

quick question about the support for NFC payments outside the US, specifically in Germany. 

Fitbit advertises the watch, as of now and on the German webpage, as having NFC payments. It only mentions having to add my credit or debit card. It does not say limited to certain banks and available in the future. 

When I try and enter a card, it says the service is limited to the US and to AUS. Why doesn't it say that on the website and when can we actually use this advertised feature?

It doesn't really inspire confidence in the company. Having just switched from Garmin I now might just go back. 

Best Answer

@CarlosCFitbit how can you say "supported UK/Netherlands banks will be coming soon" and then immediately afterwards say "no estimated time frame yet"?  That makes no sense.  On that basis it may be soon, but it may equally be a year from now.  In fact, if there is no estimate yet it is in fact highly unlikely that it will be soon (in the next month).

Is Fitbit in active discussions with UK institutions?  When did these discussions begin?  How long did these discussions take in other countries?  Perhaps this information would enable us to infer a realistic timeline.

Best Answer

+1 to having no wallet tile in the fitbit app on windows 10

Best Answer

I'm also using Windows 10 Mobile and don't have a wallet tile.

OS version: 10.0.15252.0

Fitbit app version: 2.26.1273.0

Best Answer

Im with NAB here in Australia which is supported. I entered all my card details and called Customer service to verify my card which was done. Fitbit software still says it needs to verify the card. Restarted my phone and Ionic. Still same issue. Removed fitbit software and reinstalled and re-added my card. Still same issue. Tested to see if its a glitch in the software and tried to use the Ionic to pay but doesnt work. Whats the solution to having the card verified?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RiseAgainstI just followed the Fitbit instructions and it all worked for my ANZ. I found the bank was interested in how I was going and it hasn't missed beat..

If your settings aren't like this I believe it could be a NAB issue now that I understand how the Merchant part is part of the payment..

pay settings.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have to call your bank to verify your card? What happened when they did. 

I called NAB and the guy i spoke to was excited because it was his first on he has done. I asked what happens after they enabled it. He said i might have to restart my device and it will be verified. 

Mine still shows that i need to verify it. I will call the bank again and see what they say

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called the bank up and my card is now verified. Im guessing something went wrong the first time

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mattgroznik i worked it out. Its because i didnt have a pin code on my phone!!!! Set a pin code and i was all good!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JackieJ86 wrote:

@mattgroznik i worked it out. Its because i didnt have a pin code on my phone!!!! Set a pin code and i was all good!

Do you mean on the actual phone? Or in the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RiseAgainstFor others... I had no verbal involvement.... no phone calls.... It accepted my input and verified..

Enjoy it, because it is a taking point... Not many in my area have seen anything like it.. Smiley Happy In some cases I have asked them to bring their portable Pay machine and tap my watch...

I remind them it isn't an Apple watch and the name Fitbit Ionic confuses them...

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@mattgroznikIt is the Pin in the App settings for your Ionic.. You will also find that first thing in the morning or using the Ionic it will prompt for the Pin..

Page 15 of the Manual has more. If you click the link it will download a 78 page Adobe Manual

@mattgroznik wrote:

@JackieJ86 wrote:

Do you mean on the actual phone? Or in the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried to add a Capital One mastercard debit credit card, got the unsupported message. Should be supported according to the docs, no?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is their any word/solution on missing wallet tile in the windows 10 Apps (PC and phone)? We all windows users would be glad to see this resolved. 

Best Answer