Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

Hi all. I've received an update on Windows 10 users and Fitbit Pay. The reason why you cannot see Wallet in the app is because Fitbit Pay is only available on iOS and Android at this time. Support for the Windows app is coming soon. My apologies for the confusion. I also noticed that the Fitbit Pay help article does not specify this. I've reached out to our Content Team and they've already updated the help article to reflect this. I'll continue to update this thread as more information comes in.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.  

Best Answer

Oh boy I have heard this before with the Blaze and it never has done what they advertised it would do. Does the 45 day return policy start the day we received the Ionic or the day they shipped the Ionic?

I will be returning this before the 45 day limit if it does not do what it is advertised to do.

@CarlosCFitbit wrote:

Hi all. I've received an update on Windows 10 users and Fitbit Pay. The reason why you cannot see Wallet in the app is because Fitbit Pay is only available on iOS and Android at this time. Support for the Windows app is coming soon. My apologies for the confusion. I also noticed that the Fitbit Pay help article does not specify this. I've reached out to our team to update the help article.I'll continue to update this thread as more information comes in.

Best Answer

Come on guys, one of the things that influence my decision to  get ionic is Fitbit pay among other things, now I'm finding out its not supported. That's very disappointing; hopefully will get an update. I just wish this info was out before it was released.  let's see what Fitbit does in the next 30 days for Windows 10 users.

Best Answer

@CarlosCFitbit wrote:

Hi all. I've received an update on Windows 10 users and Fitbit Pay. The reason why you cannot see Wallet in the app is because Fitbit Pay is only available on iOS and Android at this time. Support for the Windows app is coming soon. My apologies for the confusion. I also noticed that the Fitbit Pay help article does not specify this. I've reached out to our Content Team and they've already updated the help article to reflect this. I'll continue to update this thread as more information comes in.

Thanks Carlos. Do you have a timeframe please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mattgroznik pin on the phone.  Once i set the pin on the phone it was all good.

Best Answer

I am on android and the wallet app is still not there...any reason why? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need the latest version of the App and it's only implemented with some banks in Australia and the US.

Kwono1 wrote:that

I am on android and the wallet app is still not there...any reason why? 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

This. I bought it and was excited USAA would be listed and then... zilch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any way to set the pin at the wallet level vs device? Annoying that I have to enter a pin to use the basic feature ls. Google pay and apple pay have this option

Best Answer

@GSODI have the pin set through the Ionic Settings to "Pin Enabled " and the only time it wants the pin appears to be randomly. If I think about it, it could be a security issue based on elapsed time since last used. It is regularly asking for a pin first thing in the morning.

Today I used the Pay 5 times and it just need the long push on the LH button.

@GSOD wrote:

Any way to set the pin at the wallet level vs device? Annoying that I have to enter a pin to use the basic feature ls. Google pay and apple pay have this option

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

When you guys get around to it, I would love for Kinecta to be supported. Not able to use this function yet, which was one of the reasons I purchased the ionic. I am hoping it goes as smoothly as Apple Pay is, because I have been using that since it came out. Last time I checked, it didn’t seem to be concerned by a bank to bank basis, like Fitbit pay is. Kind of confused on your approach...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39 wrote:

@GSODI have the pin set through the Ionic Settings to "Pin Enabled " and the only time it wants the pin appears to be randomly. If I think about it, it could be a security issue based on elapsed time since last used. It is regularly asking for a pin first thing in the morning.

@GSOD wrote:

From your signature I'm guessing you're from Australia?

Apparently Australia users don't need to hold the left button to activate fitbit pay, you should just be able to hold you Ionic straight up to the reader without having to press and hold the button first. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know.  I really want this feature fully baked.  I am a Wells Fargo customer and they do not support it yet.

Best Answer

Hi,

I am unable to setup Fitbit pay. When I click the wallet icon I am prompted to enter my card details but when I click done it fails with the message ::

Error

Sorry, but we can't continue because your Fitbit's firmware is out of date. Please make sure that you have installed the latest software update for your device.

Below are the details which may be useful to troubleshoot the case.

Mobile phone: HTC 10

Mobile phone OS & Version: Android 7.0

Fitbit Ionic Firmware Version: 27.25.16.7

Fitbit App version on mobile phone: 2.59

Computer OS : macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Bank Tried: ANZ (according to documentation, supported banks in AUS are ANZ, Commonwealth Bank and National Australian Bank )

I checked updates using the Fitbit Connect App on an Apple laptop and it reports that "Your Fitbit tracker is already up to date!". I tried logging out and back in the phone app, resetting the Fitbit ionic but with same results. The error message I am getting on Fitbit wallet is mislead since I seem to have the latest firmware as of the time of writing. 

From the forums, I then discovered that some people have installed developer versions so I joined Fitbit developers and upgraded my Fitbit Ionic to a developer version of 27.30.3.2. Trying to add a bank card on my wallet with the new firmware upgrade still gives the exact error message. In case it matters, I also setup phone lock and enabled and set up pin for Fitbit Ionic.

So my question is, what exactly is going on here? I am disappointed that the advertised Fitbit pay feature is not working with a supported bank using the latest provided software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rannazI'm a Melbourne Fitbitter and ANZ Visa Card and the only difference is that my Android is on V7.1.1 and a Sony phone. I forget what I did to setup Pay because I just followed the automatic prompts  and it worked and hasn't faltered since, now 10 days.... To confuse it further, my Sony Xperia XP is not on Fitbits compatibility list.

I also have phone lock and enabled and set up pin for Fitbit Ionic.

So there has to be a simple solution for you and I'm sure @MatthewFitbit and support staff will come up with an answer..

@rannaz wrote:

Hi,

I am unable to setup Fitbit pay. When I click the wallet icon I am prompted to enter my card details but when I click done it fails with the message ::

Error

Sorry, but we can't continue because your Fitbit's firmware is out of date. Please make sure that you have installed the latest software update for your device.

Below are the details which may be useful to troubleshoot the case.

Mobile phone: HTC 10

Mobile phone OS & Version: Android 7.0

Fitbit Ionic Firmware Version: 27.25.16.7

Fitbit App version on mobile phone: 2.59

Computer OS : macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Bank Tried: ANZ (according to documentation, supported banks in AUS are ANZ, Commonwealth Bank and National Australian Bank )

I checked updates using the Fitbit Connect App on an Apple laptop and it reports that "Your Fitbit tracker is already up to date!". I tried logging out and back in the phone app, resetting the Fitbit ionic but with same results. The error message I am getting on Fitbit wallet is mislead since I seem to have the latest firmware as of the time of writing. 

From the forums, I then discovered that some people have installed developer versions so I joined Fitbit developers and upgraded my Fitbit Ionic to a developer version of 27.30.3.2. Trying to add a bank card on my wallet with the new firmware upgrade still gives the exact error message. In case it matters, I also setup phone lock and enabled and set up pin for Fitbit Ionic.

So my question is, what exactly is going on here? I am disappointed that the advertised Fitbit pay feature is not working with a supported bank using the latest provided software.

Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

@GSOD wrote:

I have it set the same way as @Colinm39.  It does seem to randomly ask for the pin, but it isn't often or an imposition.  If I take the Ionic off my wrist and then put it back on, I get the pin screen when I swipe left or right for the first time.  I don't have to routinely enter it before paying for something.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I can see it in the same way. I supposed it in a manner you described (we can use any MasterCard and VISA), but later on I found this confusing information that it's limited to only specific banks - that means actually no NFC pay for the huge rest of the world (except USA and Australia).

Especially in Czech republic it is twice as disappointing, because you can pay almost anywhere contactlessly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nefarian I do not have a timeframe at this time but I will make sure to let everyone in this thread know when I have one.

@JackieJ86 Glad to hear you figured that out. Thanks for the update and I hope you're enjoying your Ionic so far!

@Kwono1 What country are you located in? Have you confirmed if your country and bank is listed here?

@TwistSplice @Michael96 @pvols1979 @Čapino I recommend creating an Ionic specific Fitbit Pay Feature Suggestion idea to add your bank as a supported bank.

@GSOD Yes, I recommend checking out the instructions below to switch your payments setting to "enabled for Fitbit Pay":

To change the device lock setting:

1. On Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Tap or click to change your device lock setting.
  4. Select "Enabled for Fitbit Pay"

@rannaz I recommend logging out of the Fitbit app and then logging back in and giving it another try. This is an issue that our Payments team is aware of and working to resolve. Sorry for the confusion.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Please let us know when this functionality is expected for Windows. I love the Ionic and this function was a major reason I purchased one.

Best Answer

This thread should not be marked as solved until the functionality is available for Windows/Windows Mobile users as well.

Any ETA rather than "coming soon"?

Thanks

David

Fitbit Ionic, Windows Mobile 10 (Lumia 950), Windows 10 (Surface Book)
Best Answer
0 Votes