Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

@TwistSplice wrote:

This. I bought it and was excited USAA would be listed and then... zilch. 

Yep... I didn't think to look at "participating" bank list... bummed Wells Fargo is not supported!!!  The marketing of the feature had me sold to now be disappointed Man Frustrated 

Best Answer

Please!  ETA on Wells Fargo???

Fitbit Pay Bank List

United States

American Express

Bank of America

Capital One (Credit cards only)

U.S. Bank - Credit only

Boeing Employees Credit Union (BECU) - Debit only

First Tech Federal Credit Union

Here are the 10 largest banks in the U.S. by assets, according to the latest numbers from S&P Global Market Intelligence, a financial industry research firm.

Rank Bank name Total assets

1JPMorgan Chase & Co.$2.55 trillion
2Bank of America Corp.$2.25 trillion
3Wells Fargo & Co.$1.95 trillion
4Citigroup Inc.$1.82 trillion
5Goldman Sachs Group Inc.$894.09 billion
6Morgan Stanley$832.39 billion
7U.S. Bancorp$449.52 billion
8PNC Financial Services Group Inc.$371.28 billion
9TD Group US Holdings LLC$353.62 billion
10Capital One Financial Corp.$348.55 billion
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I signed up with Sterling bank in the UK and awaiting for the card to arrive Let's see if this works eh?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I've also opened an account with Starling Bank. I'd never heard of them before, but they seem quite interesting. Just waiting for my card to be sent now. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

@SunsetRunner I've also opened an account with Starling Bank. I'd never heard of them before, but they seem quite interesting. Just waiting for my card to be sent now. 

Thought I'd give it a go too 

Best Answer

All the banks bounced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TwistSplice wrote:

All the banks bounced.

?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm disappointed... I use the 3rd largest bank in U.S. and it is not currently supported... I have doubts that it will be anytime soon.  It's a let down for sure!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bjsexpress wrote:

I'm disappointed... I use the 3rd largest bank in U.S. and it is not currently supported... I have doubts that it will be anytime soon.  It's a let down for sure!

You need to get onto them then! The banks have all the power in this relationship I suspect.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Fitbit Pay in Australia.  I'm reporting the rare Pay failures to Fitbit Support because I have now had over 120 successful Pay transactions. The Ionic is being advertised in prime time TV in Australia highlighting the Pay facility.  Fitbit Support want to continue the dialogue.

Another declined transaction today, "Contact the Bank" message...and the purchase was immediately accepted when I processed the purchase with the physical Visa Card that is the same in the Fitbit Pay wallet.   This same retail terminal has had at least 10 successful transactions since October 3rd..  The terminal belongs to CBA bank which is a Pay accredited Bank.The ANZ Bank said the error code came up as a “hot” card, so in our terms.

“A debit or credit card that may not be used because it has been reported lost or stolen. If a thief (or anyone else) attempts to use a hot card, the transaction will be declined. See also: Identity theft.”

The ANZ bank confirmed from their “back room”, that it’s obviously not a hot card, but no explanation as to why the error.

A $40 dispute earlier, I found was a transaction error from a Suncorp bank retail terminal, "Insufficient Funds"…  so nothing to do with Fitbit Pay. Suncorp isn't an accredited Bank.  Again paid with the same Physical card.

The "joys" of advancing technology.  Occasionally, after there is a long time period between transactions I have to re-input my Pay pin... Otherwise all working perfectly.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Colinm39

I am also in Australia... How did you get the wallet set up?

I cannot seem to find a way to add any credit cards.

Thanks

Fitbit Ionic, Windows Mobile 10 (Lumia 950), Windows 10 (Surface Book)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WinthropDC wrote:

Hi Colinm39

How did you get the wallet set up. I cannot seem to find a way to add any credit cards.

Thanks

State your country.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edited my original post.

I am in Australia like Colinm39.

Added signature. 😁

There is no Device Lock option in the settings area on Windows app, so I cannot enable a pin and so cannot enable wallet. 😢

Fitbit Ionic, Windows Mobile 10 (Lumia 950), Windows 10 (Surface Book)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WinthropDCI'll be honest, I just set it up and followed the prompts.. I had already checked with the ANZ bank who gave me the "go ahead email". I sent an email to them and that started my dialogue.

When the Visa card was inserted in the wallet, that triggered a security type authentication with the ANZ. Now when I examine the wallet under the Ionic settings on the phone I can see the last few transactions.

I see you're in Western Australia. My Sony phone is not on Fitbits list of compatible devices but everything on the Ionic works.. Except a spotty Sync with the App 2.60.1

@WinthropDC wrote:

Hi Colinm39

How did you get the wallet set up. I cannot seem to find a way to add any credit cards.

Thanks

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I currently got the Iconic and in Australia and I have set up the card correctly and confirmed it has been verified by the bank but when trying to use it always coming up as declined it is now showing up on my account as declined and the bank says it is good their end, any ideas

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SamduncanI have used mine on many different retail Pay terminals. Even though I rarely frequent McDonalds and Red Rooster that is a good test, mine works there.  Bunnings always works (we are modernising our house, so plenty of Bunnings transactions).  Definitely Coles, Woolworths and IGA, all of of these are national networks and it will give you an idea of where the problem lies.

At least the communication between Terminal and Bank is working which gives you a starting point.

Keep the failed receipts so the banks can work on the error code..

I would also communicate with Fitbit Support at this link and you won't find an obvious combination of areas to select. My Pay issues finished up as Android, Data, Exercise...Smiley Happy

@Samduncan wrote:

Hi there,

I currently got the Iconic and in Australia and I have set up the card correctly and confirmed it has been verified by the bank but when trying to use it always coming up as declined it is now showing up on my account as declined and the bank says it is good their end, any ideas

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m going to post in this thread as well, as the other thread Fitbit wallet card removed has scrolled off and at least this one is pinned.

Anyway, still not able to restore my card on my Ionic, despite it residing in my “wallet” in the Fitbit app.

Have deleted and added the card to my wallet, turned off and on Bluetooth, restarted the Ionic and iPhone and also removed and added the wallet app, all multiple times, yet the card will not sync across to the Ionic, despite the app happily showing all the details of my card and saying it is “Active on Ionic” (albeit greyed out). My bank have even texted me (multiple times now, given all the removals and additions) telling me my card is ready to use on Fitbit Pay.

I’ve spoken to CS, who say they have “passed it on” but have yet to hear further. For the meantime I am unable to use my Ionic for Fitbit Pay. Smiley Sad

Edit Update : It would seem that suspending the card in the wallet app on your phone and then unsuspending it successfully reinstalls the card on your Ionic. Thanks to @Foobarglob for that temporary work around. Now we just need Fitbit to sort out the problem so we don’t have to do this. Over to you @MatthewFitbit

Best Answer

What's the status on Fitbit Pay for Windows? I'd love to try it out. Keep us posted guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to report it depends on the terms so it works for some , successful used it today 

Best Answer

@SamduncanGood news... What has enabled you to use the Pay feature...?

Best Answer
0 Votes