Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

I've tried using my Ionic to pay at whole foods in US twice, both times it was declined. I completed both of those transactions with the same AMEX card via Android pay. Then, a little later, both times I received a notification on ky Android phone from the Fitbit app saying the card has been removed from my device.

Ionic version shows 27.25.16.7 in Fitbit app.

Any advice?

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @SunsetRunner, I'm glad it's working for you now. I will also be sure to remember that work around if my card gets removed again. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And it's Failed for a second time today, though a suspend / unsuspend has restored it. Bit of a pain when trying to pay for something though. Might just as well use the card.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and it's gone again. This is very annoying. Giving up on it for a while now (as in until there's an update) as this is untenable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WinthropDC, the reason you cannot add a card to the wallet is because you are apparently using Windows 10 to sync your Fitbit, and wallet is not currently supported for Windows.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was looking through a lot of the replies and noticed only a handful of people reporting the Wallet icon not showing up as one of the six tiles for Android but did not see anyone mention it for iPhone 6S running iOS11.01 (15A402). Not updating iOS until the battery issues are hammered out for good as a heads up.

The Wallet icon is missing for me and I will post a screenshot later today when I get a chance. My Ionics firmware is 25.16.17. The Fitbit app is up-to-date (2.42 (726)) as I just reinstalled and logged back in with no luck. I tried uninstalling the Wallet app and reinstalling with no luck as well.

I am trying to provide as much information upfront to make diagnosing the problem as quick as possible. Please let me know if you need anything else or if there is already a fix as I have not been able to find one yet.

Best Answer

Apparently Wells Fargo may be rolling it out in the next week or two.

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

So i signed up for a starling account in the UK, took a few days for the account to be opened then a few more for the card to arrive. Registered the card in the wallet app and it just works!!! I have done about 8 transactions so far.

Best Answer

@CarlosCFitbit

Hi, In April you stated that Fitbit Pay would come to the Netherlands soon. But it isn't available yet. Do you have any idea when it will be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the UK and I am up and running with Starling bank. It's super easy and they bank seems pretty good.

Ionic and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7
Best Answer

Hi @Colinm39 I solved it by myself a few days later but sorry I didn't come here to update. So basically what I did was to uninstall the fitbit app from my mobile phone, restarted my phone then reinstalled it back on. When I set up my card it worked well and I have been using Fitbit pay in many places without a problem. The only issues I had was a decline on a car parking meter, and one payment accepted without asking for my card pin even though the amount was greater than AUD 100 . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work. What actually worked for me was to uninstall the Fitbit app from my phone, restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app and then do the card setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you hear that?  Hope it's true....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rannaz Good that you are working. I had a $400aud purchase at our Bunnings outlet and no pin for over $100aud. So I'm keeping an eye on that.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

I had a $400aud purchase at our Bunnings outlet and no pin for over $100aud. So I'm keeping an eye on that.

Doesn’t it work the same as ApplePay? If your watch has already been validated and it’s stayed on your wrist, it shouldn’t need the pin again. That’s the whole point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerThanks for the response. That's what I would expect, but a couple of the terminals I have used have prompted me for the pin and they were under the $100 but I feel that is the way their terminals were setup.. The smaller outlets.

Sometimes I have to revalidate the Ionic, but normally after about 2-3 hours since a Pay transaction. If that's so,  I'm happy to have another security check.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@Colinm39 wrote:

I had a $400aud purchase at our Bunnings outlet and no pin for over $100aud. So I'm keeping an eye on that.

Doesn’t it work the same as ApplePay? If your watch has already been validated and it’s stayed on your wrist, it shouldn’t need the pin again. That’s the whole point.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Yes @Colinm39 I’ve had to revalidate a couple of times too but not because of value. I think if the Ionic is too loose it senses/assumes a “disconnect” and so wants the PIN again. Either that or there’s a software bug Smiley Wink

Best Answer

@Colinm39, @SunsetRunner There are many reasons why you may be prompted to enter your ionic 4 digit PIN and below are some:

- if you have been still (say sleep) for a long time 

- after 24hrs if you haven't entered it 

- if you remove your ionic from your wrist.

- if ionic cannot read your heartbeat for some time. Essentially if you wear your ionic loose it may be interpreted as removed when it slides through your wrist up and down

All these are for security reasons in case someone forces your ionic from your wrist. They will be required to enter ionic 4 digit PIN before they can use Fitbit Pay. 

Best Answer

Yes thanks @rannaz I was aware of those but was referring to periods in the same day. As I said, I think if the Ionic is worn looser, it sometimes thinks it’s been taken off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with you @SunsetRunner

Best Answer