Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

I’ve used Fitbit Pay for about a month so far via a NZ bank (ASB Bank). No PIN required at any terminal (even over the $80 threshold usually triggering a PIN). Occasionally the Fitbit does not find the terminal sensor and I can’t pay (awkward) but restarting the Ionic seems to fix it. Also if I notice the Ionic PIN has not been prompted for a while then I restart the Ionic before trying to pay - prevents an embarrassment at the till!

Best Answer

@Muuuze

I have the same problem. I also don’t see the wallet tile.  I reinstalled the wallet also but nothing helps.  

I have a samsung s6 edge plus running on android 7.0. This is my main device

I also use a iPad where the app is installed on and I also installed the app in Windows 10. But this I deleted again. On al the devices there are no wallet tiles.  

My ionic runs on firmware 27.25.16.7

im living in The Netherland and at this moment there are no supported Dutch banks.  Can this be the reason? That wallet is not available in The Netherlands and some other country’s ? Or has it to do with that I installed the windows 10 app in the past?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @PatrickNL, Fitbit Wallet will not be available to you as long as there are no supported banks in your country, so that is the reason you are not seeing it.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PatrickNL I don't think it's available yet in NL and with you saying there are no supported banks that would seem to suggest not. As such you won't see the wallet tile 

Edit - piped at the post again 

Best Answer

I am in NL as well, but I do see the wallet app. I guess it could be related to your Windows 10 setup.

Not that it matters, since there are no supported NL banks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome the newcomers to the Fitbit community. 

@SunsetRunner Great to hear that you have been enjoying Fitbit pay! 

@PatrickNL @Tim31415 I can confirm that Fitbit pay is not currently available in The Netherlands. I would recommend periodically checking the list of supported banks, as we update this information when new banks are added. 

For anyone else who may have questions about Fitbit Pay, I would definitely recommend checking out this article, which is full of great tips on how the feature works. 

@Julia_G @SunsetRunner Thanks for the help! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I had similar problems setting up the wallet. I got it to work by setting up a pin on the lock screen of my android phone. Works then. Only problem now there is only one bank in the UK that supports it.

Malcolm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear MattFitbit,

Here is another user from the Netherlands. It was only when I received my Ionic 3 months ago already that I found out the Wallet-functionality is not (yet) supported in The Netherlands. Quite a disappointment. I'm checking the list of supported banks weekly, but cannot find a single change. Will the Fitbit Wallet ever go live in The Netherlands and do you have any idea about the timeframe?

Thank you,

Maud.

Best Answer

Please add Halifax bank to the UK group of fitbit pay banks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is Fitbit Pay available in Germany yet? I'm with Commerzbank.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

I am in Australia and there is no wallet tile in my account settings. I am on Samsung galaxy 8 and have the developer firmware. You have banks listed for Australia so it should be available. Is there another way I can configure it to get it working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I'm trying to setup my Ionic using my iPad Pro 9.7 WiFi only since the Windows app don't support Wallet yet.

My bank is OCBC and I'm trying to setup my Yes! Debit card. However, I keep getting "There's a problem verifying your card details with your issuer. Please verify and try again." This is during the preparing Device phase.

I've tried multiple times and called the bank. They say there's nothing wrong on their side and my card is usable for sure.

Anyone has any ideas?

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to setup the pay function through the wallet and it searches then stops with "the operation couldn't be completed. (Fitbit.PaymentsError error 0.)" am I doing something wrong? I'm in Australia.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you check the list of banks currently being used by Fitbit Pay?  There is only I believe 5 or 6 banks TOTAL in the USA.  I didn't know that when I tried setting up my Chase card (because of its size i didn't think it would be a problem) but they are not supported!  Unfortunately I really have no other further use for it so I am returning mine.  At this point (in my opinion) it's an overpriced Blaze to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine yesterday at the airport... I don't understand why a product like this is launched without making the features accessible. Pay with the NFC chip with 2 banks I have never even heard of in the UK. I'm going to return mine until Spotify is supported and proper UK banks are supported otherwise it's a glorified Charge 2 with GPS and a colour screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit ionic keeps wanting me to add a card to my wallet. However i don’t want my card or bank info on my ionic how do i stop the notifications and code from showing up on my watch...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mattiline If the number lock is coming up on your Ionic and you’ve not enabled a card in your wallet then the likely option is that you’ve enabled Device Lock. Go into the Account tab in the app on your phone, click on Ionic to get to the settings page, scroll down to Device Lock, tap on that and then disable it.

If you never want to use Wallet on your Ionic, you can remove it from your apps, again in the app on your phone. Click on the Apps tile, in the Settings page, scroll to Wallet, tap on it and then click remove.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I'll try that. Turns out I have to return it as one end of the band won't clip in properly 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is Chase bank yet supported?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add tsb Bank and Halifax for the UK please 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer