Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

I opened a new account with Starling. bank. It's an on line only bank and so far has been very good with excellent website. I'm using it solely for Fitbit and have made a number of transactions without any problems at all.  But of a faff having to open new account but easy to set up and works fine. Believe there is an Irish bank, Dansk, which also works but have no personal experience of it. hope this helps,. Good luck!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When card arrives it's easy to set up and works well (so far!!). Starling website very simple to navigate.  So far so good!!

Ionic, iPhone ,5s, android, Amazon fire

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the same. Starling seems to be working fine, opening account was quick and straightforward, was easy to set up with Fitbit, have used it many times over Xmas and new year without any problems - so far!! 

Best Answer

Wells Fargo bank please. They’re, like, a major bank. Pretty upset that I can’t use this feature. Not cool. Love the watch though!

Best Answer

I just got the ionic and do not have the wallet option on my windows 10 computer or my samsung 8 phone. I also am unable to activate the Starbucks pay feature. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

Is wallet not available in the apps? If yes just add it.

It took wallet off my ionic, bit it is still available in the list of apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is the watch being advertised in the UK as being able to "Make Payments" but isn't currently supported here and but the looks of this forum it would be available for a long time.

Surely that is False advertising!!!

Best Answer

@maza91It's a slow process for Fitbit and there are two banks in the UK.. See this link.

Apple have been at it for 3 years and Fitbit 3 months, fortunately my bank in Australia is there and I'm having no issues. Just the odd one we used to get with our cards, like transmission errors giving odd results.  Over 400 tap and pay now..

What worries me for other Fitbitters is that the banks in Australia are going to roll out their own tap and pay.. Obviously through the phone...  More reason for the banks not to participate in Fitbits linking..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
That seems odd. It's probably in development. My problem isn't with adding banks etc. I want to delete a card I added, and add a different one. But the app won't let me do either. It seems I'm stuck with the one I put in originally.

No response from fit bit. All the replies I've received have not been related to my original question.

I like my ionic a great deal. But some of the features aren't completely up to par yet.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it is a slow process. I'm in the USA, and problems with bank availability is not my issue. It's that I can't REMOVE the card I first listed and REPLACE it with another card with zero interest.

It won't let me do either.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreeing there. 2 banks they have listed for the UK I've never heard of!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Yes Starling and Dansk are listed, also never heard of. Looked into them, Starling is internet only bank which I decided to set up with small deposit.  This was straightforward and quick, had to wait for card to arrive before linking to Fitbit.  This was reasonably easy. Have been using it over Xmas and new year and so far have had no problems. Starling website is excellent and simple to navigate. In earlier post I mistakenly said Dansk was Irish but it's Norwegian!! No experience of it so can't comment. Starling has been fine so far and works well, happy with it and with ionic😊.  Hope this is of some help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starling, an internet only bank in UK, works well with Fitbit. Bit annoying having to set up another account but was quick and easy to do.(I'm a 72yo female pensioner by the way not a young whizkid!!)  Used it many times over Xmas and new year with no problems +so far).  Hope this helps 

Best Answer

Will there be more partner banks in the UK soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been in touch with mine Nationwide who already have Samsung pay, Android pay and Apple pay, but no sign of fitbit pay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bank and in HSBC, I’m surprised at the small amount of partners at the moment. I’m also unable to use visa and MasterCard at present. Quite disappointing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a reply from the royal bank of Scotland, and it doesn't look good for uk banks, coming on board

Around Oct I emailed the rbs, asking them, when we might see a contactless option for the fitbit pay app

Explained to them, one of the reason I bought this watch was the contactless function, and how good it is, but only issue, hardly any bank in the uk, are on board

So the reply from the rbs, at this time there are no plans to introduce this type of payment, to our contactless system, how ever as we support android and apple pay, it is likely in the future, we will look to provide this service

So I would say, if the rbs were to allow us to use the contactless function of the watch, I don't see this happening until Oct 2018 at the latest

So if this is how the royal bank of Scotland feel, guessing the other uk bank will be the same; no plans to introduce fitbit pay for us

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there... Any chance of adding Citi / Citibank to the list of American bank list?  I have visa cards issued by Citi for airline miles, hotel points, etc..  obviously pretty big vendors.. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
It is available here in UK but only 2 banks- Starling, an internet only bank and Dansk which is Norwegian,!!  Decided to set up account with Starling transferring small amount from my main account to open it.  So far it has worked well, Starling easy to set up with very nice, straightforward website. Only using the account for the watch but you get a card so can use it as any other bank.  Agree there should be many others but I'm happy with Starling and as only use it with watch easy to keep track of spending.  Hope this helps.  
Tap to get Yahoo Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for all the great feedback in regard to bank availability for Fitbit Pay. 

I just wanted to jump in here to announce that Wells Fargo cards can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet! So if you have a Wells Fargo Visa, please feel free to add it to your Wallet. 

If your bank is not currently supported on Fitbit Pay, I highly recommend checking out our Feature Suggestion board and casting a vote or adding your preferred bank. 

You can find the full list of compatible banks, here

@Jimdmd Sorry that your question has not been answered. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend following the steps detailed in this article to get your card removed. If you are getting stuck at any point, please let me know where and provide a screenshot if applicable. 

If you have any questions, let me know! Smiley Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer