Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

I was waiting for over an hour to speak to someone on the live chat. When I got through they just said they were busy and the delay is expected and to keep just trying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m getting the same problem too- reference code not found. I assume it’s busy??

Best Answer

I need to escalate my issue to Fitbit regarding Fitbit Ionic recall. I've already registered my device but the next step is to sync my Ionic. It stopped working over a year ago. I now have a new Fitbit watch (Fitbit Sense - which I am not really happy with, by the way). The Ionic stopped working thus I just removed it from my list of synced devices once I started syncing the Sense.

I have been on the phone to contact Customer Support and the one who took the call didn't know how to deal with my case, she told me she has told her supervisor or something and that I will receive an email from them.

I still keep the original packaging and everything. The watch was very expensive, it started malfunctioning a few weeks after my warranty period (how convenient), then stopped working altogether not long after that. I should be entitled to this refund. I checked the model no. - FB503CPBU - that's included in the recall list. But I don't know how I'm going to escalate this if they insist that the syncing step should be done. The bloody thing would not turn on anymore.

Is anyone else in the same predicament, particularly in Australia?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - my registration number for my Ionic refund isn’t being recognised. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Best Answer

I saw refund 299 USD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quite remarkable scrolling through here seeing people complain about having difficulties obtaining a refund for something they stopped using ages ago, threw out, broke etc. Bad luck. A week ago you wouldn't have given it a second thought and now you've got your hands out. If you buy something from the supermarket, eat it and then it gets recalled weeks later because the batch had a piece of glass in it, even though yours didn't, do you go to the cashier and complain about it?

Best Answer

Hi there in a similar boat my switches on but wont get past the logo screen so cant verify last step - I've had no reply on twitter or Live chat- yet..

Best Answer

Question: can you get a full refund as well as 40% off? I tried to do so, but when I went to the store, it said that my one-time code had already been redeemed. Is the one-time code the same as the reference code?

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you need to go here:

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/devicediscount

And then enter your reference code, and the discount code will be emailed to you.

Best Answer

Yes - I've waited over an hour to enter it and still no joy 😞 

Best Answer

My ionic will not go past Logo screen so I cant sync- live chat and twitter direct msg not responding- Not sure how to complete process to get refund!! Although reading posts there are more challenges ahead

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem is the device started to desync without even refund actions completed, thats the sad part of this recall cycle.

It would have made more sense if they would have desynched the ionic device after one received the refund or discount code.

And now their customer service is complaining about too many number of queries!! 

Best Answer

I understand they will be busy but a response will be nice 🤨

Best Answer

Thanks Biscuit good to know it’s ‘not just me’. 

Best Answer

agreed! I'm keen to not miss out on the refund as this watch has not been the best guess we will have to keep trying

Best Answer
I don't know how much it was it was a gift from my husband we r now divorced and do not have any contact so how do I find out how much I'm going to be refunded

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm in UK not sure how works

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same issue, tried to contact someone on chat but been waiting now for an hour …not sure what we are supposed to do?!

Best Answer

I've registered for the refund and the choice of refund is card or PayPal I don't have PayPal so ticked card at no point does it ask for number and I know I haven't got one linked to fitbit account not sure what to do 

Best Answer

I own 3 Fitbit ionics. Will I be able to send back all 3 for refund, or am I better linking two to new accounts and requesting 3 separate refunds?

Tried to contact Fitbit support but absolutely nothing back, don’t even think they’ve been read. 

Best Answer
0 Votes