Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which color did you pick?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Out of interest, which color did you pick/would you pick for your Ionic and why?

I'm bouncing between silver gray and smoke gray myself, and would be looking at buying a metal band in the future if one is offered.

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Thank you for your post re: the charcoal scratching @N8teGee, it's been a massive factor in deciding to go for silver/blue rather than charcoal/black.  

I'm not funky enough for the orange, so I thought the charcoal/black was the nicest colour option, and is more versatile, but I'd be gutted if I scratched it and the silver was showing through.  It's disappointing, as I'd still prefer that colour choice. 

I've been delaying getting a replacement for my Surge (I've had two straps fail me), as £300 is quite a bit of money for the limited additional functionality at the moment.  The integrated GPS makes it my only option for sticking with Fitbit, other than another Surge.  I like the Fitbit app and the simplicity of it - I don't think knowing more statistics will make me any better a runner (e.g. cadence, stride length, etc), so am not keen to switch to Garmin. 

I think I've reached the point where I'm ready to pull the trigger on the silver/blue now, and am grateful that I took the weekend to think about it and found your comment @N8teGee.  Thanks.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ordered mine - went for the silver grey/blue grey. I was almost going to get the charcoal grey one, but because I will wear it at work during the day as well as to the gym or running, cycling, etc. I think the silver body will match better with a wider range of straps. I have already ordered the cognac (brown?) leather one. The blue grey one that comes with the watch will do for the gym, but I will probably get a black sports band later.

It's a shame there is no standrad black leather band option. I may have to look at a "compatible" one from Amazon...

...aaand here it is, with the cheap black leather band.

IMAG0761.jpg

Fitbit Ionic (v27.32.4.18) and Surge HR (v16.34.6.1). Phone: HTC 10, Android 8.0.0 (v3.20.710.2)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Burnt 🍊 looks great15118370796817639475691198180150.jpg

IonicPreviously Blaze
Best Answer

I admit, I do like the blue/orange combo. And changing the blue wristband for a black one works pretty well too. 

Best Answer

I have the grey one shown in the ads and I love it!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the burnt orange as orange as it looks online?  I was hoping it’d be closer to gold or rose gold.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bkabse -- a few of us have posted actual pictures of our burnt orange watches. If you scan through the posts you will see them. It's definitely not rose gold more an orange gold but very muted orange. I love mine. Very glad I went with this color.

Michele from Belleview, Florida
Best Answer

Thanks ☺️

Best Answer

I picked Characol.

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Cellular Nike , Ionic (Retired), Charge 2 (Retired), One (Retired)| Left the FitBit ecosystem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Burnt Orange good choice.  The color hides the scratches well. BTW Thanks for your service buddy....

Best Answer
0 Votes