Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Luxe is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Luxe. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

Bravo Treemother!!! I find it so frustrating that you can’t change the activity Fitbit has designated. The only solution I use is to delete the activity and manually add.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the update on my Luxe with no improvement.  My battery life is still completely inaccurate.  I can charge to 100% and within 24 hours it says I am down to 50%. I will attach it to the charger and it will say the device is at 80%. But by the next day (48 hours after charging) the device dies completely and will reset itself.  This Luxe is less than 2 years old, but Fitbit says it is not covered.  This problem didn't start until the Google takeover and update.  They are not standing behind their product at all.  I am beyond frustrated.   I have very small wrists and it is very difficult to find a tracker that fits me.  Fitbit was a great solution for many years. Now I am seriously considering dropping them.  The customer service has become just as bad as the devices they sell.  The company seems to only care about money and not the customer. And I have been a customer for over 10 years.

Best Answer

The update has messed up my Fitbit, the battery life is bad, screen goes dark with no response and does not properly sync. How can I revert to the previous firmware, I don't want the new, it's terrible.

Best Answer

Absolutely agree. Having all the same issues as you. All of these, together with a device that continuously falls of my wrist, due to the poor design of the catches that connect the bracelet to the device makes for a very poorly designed fitbit!!!!!!

Best Answer

I have had soo much trouble with my fitbit since the update, but I think I solved it! 

1. Restart Fitbit and phone.

2. Remove current fitbit from account. 

3. Erase all data on fitbit luxe.

4. Re-add to account and re-pair. 

It finally reads the right time and seems to be syncing properly since the update! Fingers crossed! Just sharing in case that helps anyone else! 

Best Answer

The "playful" clock face no longer displays heartrate when the fitbit goes to sleep. It used to be the only clock face that had the option to always display heart rate, but it no longer works with the current update. Please fix. The main reason for having a fitness tracker is being able to see your heart rate at a glance, and not have to tap vigorously on it to get the data. Having lost this functionality is disappointing and very frustrating. Every time I try to check my heart rate now, I get very annoyed and consequently my heart rate goes up. It feels like the fitbit is keeping my data hostage and I have to keep tapping it to have it released.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery runs out in about 18 hours. Every day for a couple months. I've been plugging it in when it gets down to less than 10%. The last time, 2 days ago, after I had plugged it in and turned it on I was shocked to see a totally different user interface. I can't read it and it scrolls and jumps around so much that it has become useless. I turned it off and haven't used it since. I'll start looking for a different brand.

Best Answer

My battery life is no longer accurate with this update. I charged it yesterday to 100 and now it’s at 44 the next morning. I did use the GPS paired to my phone for a few hours yesterday but it doesn’t normally fall this much when I log a skate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Luxe no longer syncing and sleep not recording on fitbit. Have tried all options suggested for turning blutooth off and on, phone off and on, restarting Luxe. Nothing solves the problem!

Best Answer

My fitbit Luxe is worse than before, it powers off more often, "forgets data", and the Battery life is all over the place. 

Best Answer

Fully Agree about issues since Google bought Fitbit and pushed updates that broke our devices!!   I have loved my fitbit products and especially the Luxe because it is slimmer and dressier looking than other devices.  

That love is waining as it just dies so many times throughout the day.   I know my body is still getting the benefit of exercise, but I really want my metrics to reflect reality!!   It is why I use a device in the first place. 

Best Answer

My firbit luxe app no longer synchronizing sleep and menstrual cycle stats with the watch. The data is not visible on the watch, however tracked by app.

Best Answer

Fitbit/Google have their heads stuck in the sand about the issue with the last firm wear update. This is a problem across their product line and they need to address it, not ignore it by telling everyone to change settings, that's not the problem.

Best Answer

Hey Fitbit! As of yesterday, my Luxe has been "charging" for 14 hours ... without charging. 

The battery percentage is back. Sure. Great. Woo hoo.
BUT every time I plug it in, I get a wildly different battery percentage - from a "your battery is critical" to "79%" to "32%" ... in seconds? Yeah, I don't think so. 
That announced update that (I hope) everyone got? Waste of time, effort, and results after approximately 4 days. 

So, I canceled Premium.
And I went elsewhere.

Congratulations!! Fitbit's extreme inability to offer both transparency and a WORKING tracker just cost them a loyal customer. That's right. I bought the fruit watch* after being a VERY loyal Fitbit user since 2015. *ON SALE at the W.Mart*

What's that?
Check my messages, Fitbit?
Oops. Another "not really" because while you do see a notification ... it leads nowhere. Just another thing you guys never fixed.

So what really happened? Some 24-year-old nepotism nerd married to current employee said, "Hey! I know! Let's get the boss's husband's sister's third cousin to create an app for us? And then (MUCH later) you decided, "Well, that didn't work. Um ... Hey! Let's get people so frustrated at the complete lack of an authentic response to all the issues from Nepo Boy's app that they'll probably buy a new tracker! OR, maybe a Google version?" "Sure that will work! Maybe."

Nope. The tracker didn't work.
The "plan" def didn't work.

Hello, tried and true Fruit Watch.
What's this? Already working as I take it out of the box?!
Nice!!

Buh bye, Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Would like to see more alarm options since there are only 8. Very impractical since I have a lot of meetings and need alarms. Battery drains far too quickly, i know partly because i have a bunch of alarms, but when I didn’t have any alarms it still went down rapidly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on all the feedback in this section on the Luxe and new update, my take is that the update makes problems start! Leery about doing the update, then! Any input here?

Best Answer

Personally, I wouldn’t.  Support had to send me a new FitBit because mine wouldn’t stop crashing after the update and I haven’t installed the new update on my replacement device for fear of the crashing/other problems people are experiencing.

Best Answer

I am honestly so frustrated with this device - I have a Fitbit luxe which I have had ongoing issues with it falling off my arm at least 2/3 a week. But since this last update my device doesn’t function properly. I did an 8km walk this morning and it stopped functioning at 6.2km. It does this practically every time I exercise. It seems to die and no matter how many time you tap it it’s dead. I have to place on the charger to reboot and it tells my it’s charged at eg 64%. How can that be?  HELP. I’m now looking for recommendations for another device that works and it’s supposed to. 🤬🤬🤬

Best Answer

Since the update, my Luxe Menstrual Health shows 1 day until period but, the app shows the correct information. The information is not syncing from app to Luxe. 

I've also noticed that the sleep information doesn't always show now either. It seems to be when I sleep for several hours and wake up to use the restroom and then go back to sleep. Then the app shows 2 separate sleep times and the total for both is correct in app but then doesn't show on the Luxe. 

Any guidance or information to resolve would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. Tried restarting and changing the clock face as suggested.. still doing it. Hopefully they have a new update soon or a fix for this as it’s driving me crazy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes