Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Luxe is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Luxe. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95
The clock face I switched to is starlight. I switched to manual tap to turn on so that the clock doesn't light up every time I move my wrist. I only have 4 notifications open, and I also change the brightness to the lowest level. The notifications I have opened are low battery, sleep updates, auto recognize exercises for my steps, and health studies. My Fitbit Luxe is now only using an average of about 11% a day. Big difference than having to recharge every day. I hope this information will help.
Best Answer

Since the firmware update the battery drains much faster than before. It will drain the battery in a day, where before the battery would last many days before needing a charge. When I charge the fitbit, it does not always show the battery percentage correctly until it is restarted.   This update has done something to the battery functions?

Best Answer

I’ve been having a terrible time with this update. It does not synch correctly and consistently shows the wrong goals and stats for exercise, menstruation, distance goals, sp02%, and even heart rate is clearly wrong a lot like when I am mid run and it reads 89 for over a minute then jumps back to 165. After troubleshooting daily for over a week, Fitbit sent me a new Luxe. I was so happy and it was working perfectly. Everything was synched and reflecting the same information as in the app.

I saw that an update was available and so I updated and now it’s back to not syncing anything correctly or consistently. It’s always 1 day until my period, sleep and SP02% are always unavailable and it’s always 5/7 exercise days. Nothing is the same as in the app except occasionally my zone minutes, but those are usually stuck at 0 on the luxe while everything is still correct in the app. 

I’m at a loss. I’ve scoured the community for answers, spoken with the help team through the app and then through email.

Is there any end date to these bugs? I can’t use my luxe properly, and it was honestly such a huge motivation for me. It helped me so much before this update and now I’m just losing hope and motivation which is just super disappointing.

Best Answer

My Luxe has been having issues where I thought the battery was dying on a daily basis, but the last few days I noticed that when I put it on charge it said the battery was at 90 percent but I wasn't able to double tap and get the screen to come on and of course steps weren't being counted.  Over the last month my luxe spends half of my day on charger.   I hope the new update fixes that issue -

Best Answer

I updated my Luxe fitbit yesterday and everything seemed to be working - I went to sleep with my battery saying 71 percent.  This morning when I woke everything seemed fine but 2 hours later I couldn't get my screen to turn on.  I hooked up to the charger and it said my battery was at 95% when I first plugged it in and a few minutes later it said it was at 82% even though I kept it plugged into the charger.  The clock is also losing time when this happens.  This has been happening to my fitbit nearly every single day and my fitbit spends more time on the charger then on my wrist.

It won't count my steps when it does this so... Not happy.

Best Answer

My luxe has been super buggy since I updated the firmware. I had to stop using the alarm in the mornings because any time my fitbit vibrates to wake me up, celebrate a milestone, or notify me it shuts down. The screen won't light up, even with tapping it.

I'm not getting text or email notifications anymore.

It also randomly goes into a sleep mode/ shut down mode where it won't sync with my phone and the screen won't turn on. I have to plug it into the charger to reset it. It usually keeps tracking my steps, but no other features are available to me because the screen won't activate.

Best Answer
I think they purposely made the update mess with older Fitbits. I stupidly bought a Charge 6 after they so kindly gave me a 35% discount (wasn’t that nice?) I’m sorry I didn’t get an Iwatch.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My fitbit worked great before I installed the firmware update. I would satisfied if there was a way to revert to the  previous version  

Best Answer

Me too but they have told me that it’s impossible. I just gave up and I’ll hope that maybe the next update fixes all these issues.

I spent a pretty penny on this thing and it sucks that it isn’t doing anything more than my iPhone health app. Looking for a used Apple Watch bc even an older version of that seems to be better than my brand new Fitbit.

Best Answer

Mine doesn't even count my steps and this is happening every single day now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

REVERSE THE UPDATE TO THE SLEEP CYCLE, IT IS TERRIBLE!

Best Answer

Step counts are intermittent for me, but it's asleep more than  functioning,  so I'm not getting any meaningful metrics for anything else. 

Best Answer

Please bring back the original SLEEP CHARTS.  This new way is awful to decipher.  
also agree my battery is now needing charging every 2 days 😕

Best Answer

Don't care for the new sleep format but finally figured out where to delete naps and edit sleep times (like when I'm laying in bed before going to sleep and It thinks I'm awake and that's part of the sleep cycle.). However, when I want to see what my restoration is and see what my heart rate did compared to my resting heart rate, I can't find that anymore. It tells me I might get a 20 out of 25 but it no longer shows me a percentage like it did before, say 80% restorative 20%. Whatever the other one was. And then you could scroll through and see where your resting heart rate is and know that part of the time you were below it with the dark purple and the other times you were above it.). As a person who has adrenal issues and heart rate racing that was very important to me.  Am I missing something or is this feature completely gone?

Best Answer

This new update is a complete step backwards.  There’s no substantive information and I can’t correct anything it gets wrong.  I hate it.

Best Answer

It’s infuriating and worthless.   I am shopping for a new company.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know what you buy please

Sent from Frances
Best Answer

Congrats Google.  First you Sunset the Luxe device, now with this "update" to the app, you clearly just want to Sunset Fitbit.  I started with a Fitbit One about 10 years ago, then an Inspire, then the Luxe I'm currently using.  But clearly it time to move on from Fitbit.  Sad, I really did enjoy Fitbit.  

Best Answer
Can you tell me what alternative device you plan to purchase?
So loved my Luxe but it’s virtually totally unusable now!!!

Sent from Frances
Best Answer

I just started using Apple Health on my iphone.     It really only tracks total steps, but it actually does it without dying.   Honestly, it has been a bit "freeing" to not have to wear a watch and get anxiety about not getting my steps for an hour if I'm in a meeting that lasts longer than 45 minutes.      So far I'm a huge fan of more simplified data.      My body tells me when I've had a good nights sleep and I know the more I move the better I will feel.  

Best Answer
0 Votes