Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Luxe is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Luxe. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

The battery life problem seems to have been rectified. After more than 3 days of usage, the battery percentage on my luxe has decreased from 100% to 61%. If this continues, I can easily get 6 days or more of usage before having to recharge the watch again. Thanks Fitbit for the update. 

As for the watch faces, I hope that there will be ones that show time, date and month as well as the day. So far only Magazine C has that.

Best Answer

Opposite. Updated but didn't do anything for the battery problem on my luxe. Still keeps reading it wrong. And when I reset it goes from 86% to 99%. Does that make any sense? I reset it 3 times, too. New clock face and everything. No longer in warranty, too. Yup pretty bitter about this service. Been with fitbit for years. Old fitbit was cheaper, hardier, and didn't have so much issues. Yes that old metal thing. If the battery didn't just one day died I would've happily kept it. Moving on to some other device. Just gonna make sure to do my diligence on research first. Can't deal with this crap. 😞 

Best Answer

Time no longer displaying with wrist turn, have to tap screen now just to activate display. Not very practical requiring 2 hands to see time!

Best Answer

I have updated the software of my fitbit luxe as it prompted from the app not sure if this is the version but after the update my device will not turn on. I have tried the suggestion from other post that I have searched for the solution that is to connect to charger and tap the button of USB port three times but it is still not working it just shows the fitbit logo then nothing happens. I wonder if anyone can help. The tracker is new and I just started using two days ago. Quite frustrating.

Best Answer

I updated mine and now the screen is unusable. It starts scrolling and won’t stop and/or doesn’t let me access any menus. I had to call customer support and they told me to change the clock face which I did and still nothing. They wanted me to do a factory reset but I couldn’t access the button because the device kept scrolling or going to a different page. It was still syncing steps/other health metrics but I can’t use it to log exercises anymore. 

Best Answer

I updated mine yesterday and today the screen would flicker with dimmed horizontal lines; making it impossible to see anything. It happens every now and then and I’ve tried factory reset and changing clock face, it would work fine for a little bit but the flickering still comes back. Not sure if it’s due to the update because prior to the update, I had no issue. 

Best Answer

I'm glad that you listened to the feedback and added additional activity type options, but it's still not as good as it used to be. I do a lot of studio classes and there's no way to indicate the specifics. I understand that you can't list everything on the luxe which is why being able to customize the activity type afterwards on the app was so helpful. I do HIIT, zumba and paddle boarding and none of those are options anymore. Please bring back the ability for us to customize activity type on the app, after the activity, with the options we used to have.

Best Answer

I didn’t realize there was an update - my device has crashed twice today, the screen doesn’t work (other than displaying the clock) and it’s not Bluetooth connecting to my phone….

Ive tried restarting it 5 times already - it’s still not working…. Any tips? I think the issues might have something to do with the update because the update popped up on the app today.

Best Answer

Agree! Making me put more in the message- in itself that’s ridiculous

Best Answer

Hi, I'm having issues with my watch just randomly turning off now, and I have to plug it in to turn it back on. The battery life is still bad too. 

Any tips? I've restarted device a few times and it will work fine for a few hours but then just turns off with no warning. 

Best Answer

Fitbit no longer tracking sleep cycles or details. Please advise. 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit Still having battery drain issues, so this update is useless to fix our main issue.

And again, we would have to wait 6 months for a new release.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I'm glad to see all of you taking a part in this thread.

I would like to mention that, for those who have reported experiencing issues with their search for the new clock face, this issue may have been fixed by now. I hope you can use it to your advantage and give your Luxe an entirely different look. Please try changing to a new clock face and then returning to your current one if you are experiencing problems with it.

Some of you seem to be complaining about your device's low battery life. Let me add that we suggest looking at this help article, which offers some tips for extending the battery life of your device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EstuardoFitbit it would be more beneficial for you to read the posts from community users regarding this battery drain issue and ask developers to fix it, instead of telling users to waste the time following that useless instructions. It is happening for the last 8 moths to almost all users running the latest codes after recieving code upgrades, and Fitbit is not taking care of customers.

Fitbit has lost all respect and good reputation.

Best Answer

Hmmm my Fitbit luxe now just seems to stop randomly. Eg today it stopped this evening c7.09 pm - I couldn’t get the face to activate on tapping so I put it on to charge - and it was 60% charged and clock stopped at 4.20. After putting it on charge for <1 minute it came to life again and I was able to sync it with my phone and it restarted!! 

Best Answer

I activated my Luxe on December 13, 2023 and it worked normally until I installed the update on Sunday, January 7, 2024.  Since then, my FitBit has crashed 22 separate times while I was in the middle of a Workout!  It shuts off at random times - from as little as 2:51 to as much as 54:00 - and has only worked properly for 8 Workouts.  I have tried restarting the Luxe via the Settings menu and the charger, changing the watch faces, changing the Exercise type, and even completing deleting all data on the device and reinstalling it.  Nothing has helped and I'm losing my mind - it's impossible to get a good workout when I have to keep stopping because my Luxe crashes.  

Best Answer

I’ve changed my clock face about 5 times now and my Fitbit still isn’t working correctly. The clock face turns on and that’s it, I cannot swipe through the pages or even restart it from the device. Yesterday it was randomly flicking through pages and all of the settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would you comment on the other issues some are experiencing, ie sleep data not showing for days despite the device being worn at night, device stopping randomly for no reason while still charged, tapping face doesn’t work!

Best Answer

I haven’t had any of those issues yet (knock on wood!); mine’s just the crashing during workouts (in fact, it crashed 3 times since I made my post this morning).  

My FitBit app has been running very slowly and wasn’t showing all of my workout days yesterday and early this morning but that specific error seems to have resolved for now (again, knock on wood!).

UPDATE: The FitBit app glitch is back.

Best Answer
0 Votes