Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Luxe is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Luxe. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

Mine stopped displaying with the wrist turn so long ago I forgot it was even a function! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Luxe stopped responding to the wrist turn so long ago I forgot it was even a function. I have to tap the screen at least 6 times before it responds, if it even responds. I bought the chrome bracelet to use on special occasions but the clasps don't grip it properly and it falls off wrist so can't use. And the battery life is so bad now that I'm charging everyday. By just taking it off the charger I lose 10% instantly. 

This is my 2nd Fitbit product. I only stopped using the Flex 2 because I could no longer purchase a charger after several years. Got the Luxe to replace and I've never been so disappointed with a product. Btw the watch currently reads time as 21.24 it's actually 05.24! 

Customer help couldn't care less as my product is outside of warranty, to be honest they didn't care when it was in warranty and I reported the wrist turn issue. The obvious lack of response from Fitbit to all of these complaints speaks volumes. So money grabbers it's time to move on. Bye-bye, Fitbit. 👋🏾

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. It worked great before I tried updating it.

Best Answer

Having same charging, crashing and tracking issues. Please fix this. I rely on that heart rate monitor and oxygen levels medically.

Best Answer
I texted tech support after I attempted to download the update. We tried several things. Changing the clock face made it work, sort of. It continued to track. I could see the data on my phone, but only the time on the Fitbit. They suggested I get a new one and gave me 35% off. It was past the warranty of course.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Fitbit only shows a white screen at all times. I can't scroll to any other screens or see the clock face. I updated it, charged it fully, changed the clock screen, and pressed the usb button to reset 3x but it remains with the white screen. Any advice? Thanks.

Best Answer

I have the same problem described by others - battery won’t charge and Fitbit only tracks a couple hours each day. This all came to pass suddenly and abruptly after the last update. 

Best Answer

Here to give my feedback on battery life. I thought I was going crazy on how the battery life will jump from 90% to 0% in less than two days. I use to only charge it weekly AND that was faithfully using the treadmill exercise on the tracker. Came to community to see if it was just me and now I see its not and its been happening to other for far longer. Also I have noticed the customer service has declined since having trackers since 2015. It is very frustrating because I use this tracker religiously and it helps me in my health.

Best Answer

I am dealing with this EXACT same issue. I repeatedly keep having to put it on the charger to get it to do anything. It literally at random just stops working. Sometimes it is something as minor as an alarm buzzing that makes it "shut off" and I have tried everything to get it to stop doing this.

Best Answer

These days, fitbit stinks!

For weeks now my Luxe has been turning itself off - while I'm sleeping, walking, sitting...multiple times a day!  I need to plug it onto charger to turn it on. Power level is usually much more than 50%. My sister is having trouble with hers also. I'm losing data, but most annoyed by not being able to tell the time!!

There's obviously a problem with the software - an incredible number of people are not coincidently having similar issues. Will this be fixed by the developer? 

Best Answer

My Luxe has been doing the exact same thing as many of the others on here. Dying without warning when it has 50- 70% battery life, and when you put it on the charger it comes on and says it has between 80- 95% battery. This happens about 18 to 24 hours after the last charge.  Resetting the Fitbit does very little and it almost always dies during the middle of a workout. My luxe is out of warranty, and reading these issues make me very hesitant to purchase another. 
Please fix this update!!

Best Answer

Having the same issues as everyone else after the fitbit update. This needs fixed. My fitbit luxe worked fine and only had to charge it once a week before the update. Now battery is constantly draining.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Luxe is about 3 1/2 months old and for at least 2 months now I lose my charge in about 1 1/2 days. Has there been any recent updates for this problem which seems to be common? How do I know if my Fitbit has updated?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update is awful. I had a 2 year old Fitbit Luxe that did this update and it stopped showing the correct sleep score and menstrual cycle on the watch (the app had it correct). 

When I contacted support they had me go through resetting, restarting, factory reset etc. after everything, I was told my Fitbit was old, out of warranty and needed a new one.

The battery started dying so I purchased a new Luxe 2 days ago. Out of the box everything was syncing perfectly. This morning, Fitbit pushed through this update and now it's back to not showing the correct sleep score and menstrual cycle. It is constantly stuck at 1 days until. 

Please fix. This is annoying!

Best Answer
It seems to me that Fitbit purposely designed this update to screw with older models. I bought a new Charge 6 with the 35% discount they so kindly gave me. My old one was also past warranty.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Similar to ALOT of people posting here, my Luxe has recently been rendered next to useless by a firmware update.  Luckily, I didn't get the firmware update until about a month ago, so it makes me wonder, is there a way for us to install an older version of the firmware before whatever happened in October?  If not, I'm tossing this thing in the trash and moving on from Fitbit.

Best Answer
I was having the same problem. I had to recharge every day. From information I saw on a few posts, I changed my clock face and stopped some of the notifications and that helped. I charge my Luxe yesterday morning and this morning it was at 89%,
Best Answer
0 Votes
I completely reset my luxe back to factory settings because it did occur to me that the clock face could be cause the issue. What clock face are you set to?

And it’s more than just the battery going from lasting 5 days to 1 day literally overnight. It shuts off when I need it the most like when I’m cooking for a dinner party and setting a timer to check the grill every 5 minutes. Plus,
if I’m charging every night, I’m not tracking my sleep. And if I’m charging all day, I’m not tracking steps. It’s act g completely random.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Clearly this update was just to sunset the Luxe.  Since mine can't hold a charge for more then a day since this update.

Best Answer
I had the same problem with my 3-month-old Luxe. I adjusted a few settings I chose and I changed my clock face to a difference setting. My watch has been holding a charge for about 4-5 days instead of having to charge it every day.
Best Answer
0 Votes