Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 -- Lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day -- 2015!

Hi!  I just saw a thread from 2014 where a group of mom's and non-mom's set a goal to lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day.  Anyone want to start one for 2015 with me?  I have about 35 pounds to lose total, but 20 by May sounds like a good goal to me. 

I am going to try to get my 10,0000 steps in and I am joining a gym this weekend to add strength training and cardio. 

Best Answer
469 REPLIES 469

I'm late to the game but I would love to join in!  My best friend just bought a Charge HR for me and I'm loving the motivation that it provides!  I would love to lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day too! 🙂 That would put me just under my first mini goal, so that's a perk too!

Fitbit Charge HR user, mama of two, Girl Scout leader, tattooed, pierced, witchy, and weird.
Best Answer

On Feb 1 why not shoot for 15 lbs as that is a pound a week.

I'm aiming for 11 more lbs so that is a reasonable expectation.

Good luck on staying on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

great join us. Set a goal that you can make and then burn those calories. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bummer this am I lost a big 0 from the day before. I managed to get in 10,983 steps and some of it in the fat burning range. I also only ate about 1000 cal. so what's up  with that. Hopefully tomorrow will be better although I don't feel rested  and I may not make the 10K steps today. I guess I can give myself a day off when I feel ill. But I won't eat much so I don't add weight. 

Patience is what I need. 

All the best to my fellow challenge takers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well one day is not enough. You may not be eating enough. BUT I do feel your pain. I have been doing this for 1 week and my steps total 92,000 for the week, well over 10,000 a day and I have not lost one ounce. My calories have been around 1500. What's up with THAT! I do not know what more I can do here. Ugh.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nolty

Growl about that plateau. This darn program usually tells me to eat 1154 calories which is hard to do but finally this AM the scale dropped to 149.7 so I'm losing. I have a UTI so I am taking Cipro and need to rest so yesterday & today I'm under my 10k steps but hope to do move more tomorrow. 

I hope that your weight loss gets going since you are being active. 

Best,

Barbara 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Barbara - Not even on a plateau! It's only been a week since I started and nothing. I don't trust what this says about how many calories to eat. I think it starts me out at 1350ish and after walking a ton it says I can eat up to 1800! No way! If I ate that many I would be gaining weight. I am around 1500 calories but that clearly must be too much. It's such a game because I know if you eat too few calories your body thinks it's in starvation mode so not sure what to do. I am not going to weigh myself for another week and see. It's ridiculous that I am not losing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hang in there Nolty. I know it's a bummer to not lose, especially your first week. Are you getting in enough water? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Probably not. I will try and get in 8 glasses. Thanks for the reminder!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hang in there everyone..losing weight through exercise is not a fast process. If we build muscle without losing weight, it can be discouraging. I know that I had to write down all my food intake (water, salt etc) to see the changes I had to make. Measuring tapes can help you see inches lost. Ie..I have not lost any additional weight, but I am down 1 inch from my hips. It has taken almost 3 wks . Exercise unfortunately does not equal the fast weight loss that we all crave, but it does help with belly fat. Sorry...no quick solutions. Diet is the only thing that will help. We can.do it.
Best Answer

I'm in! A little late to the game but I just got my FitBit last month so I'm bound and determined to lose 20 by Mother's Day. That would be a great MD present to myself!

Best Answer

I am in too....looking to loose 15 and Mother's day is a great target.

Best Answer

Welcome Gone4aRun,

We can do this. Made my 10,000 steps and trying for 10,800 today. So busy I didn't eat much. Hope to stay under the allotted cals today. 

10 more lbs.to go before MD so think I'll make it. 

Logging the food and portion size did it because I absolutely don't want to log 1/2 cup of walnuts at 380 cals as a healthy snack! Who knew how munching on raw nuts could be so calorie intensive. Also, dried organic figs delious good fiber and HIGH calorie. Darn I can't eat 5 at a time, just 1. 

Losting the belly fat and getting stronger and healthier is worth giving up some treats. 

Good luck to you,

Barbara 

Best Answer

welcome HBRINK,

15 lbs is great goal by MD. I've got 10 to go. 

It feels good to have buddies on the path to health.

Best of luck,

Barbara 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!  I'd like to join this challenge as it's a great motivator.  I successfully met last year's Mother's Day challenge but due to family tragedies gained it back.  I just bought the charge HR and loving it...here's looking forward to a better year and a healthier me.  Good luck everyone!

Best Answer

I'm in 🙂

Best Answer
Like to try, but as I age , I find harder to lose, I am 57. I lose ok then hit 170 and I get stuck , never seems to move. I work out just about every day, I do the Firm home video and Zumba on the x box 360. I work at a hospital and walk about 6000 to 7000 , just at work. I am managing 10000 steps. Day, Maybe offer some tips but I am in to,try to lose the 20
Best Answer
I am 65 and need to lose an additional 30 lbs. I was not losing until I began to keep my food diary faithfully.  I'm a nurse so I do the walking but I had  to get  my heart  rate into the proper range for my age. Now  I  am trying to  get the right amount of sleep.  It's hard but don't give up. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
Good for you 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree it is the stupid food diary that helps the most. Although I dislike recording everything, I am trying to find the joy in the process. I like that you can scan bar codes to input food, although I try to minimize eating good that has a barcode.

The food diary helps me realize that yes...eating one cookie does make a big difference. Cutting just 200 calories a day...a cookie or extra snack , along with working out helps me reach my goal... I want those stars!!

Sc

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer