Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 -- Lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day -- 2015!

Hi!  I just saw a thread from 2014 where a group of mom's and non-mom's set a goal to lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day.  Anyone want to start one for 2015 with me?  I have about 35 pounds to lose total, but 20 by May sounds like a good goal to me. 

I am going to try to get my 10,0000 steps in and I am joining a gym this weekend to add strength training and cardio. 

Best Answer
469 REPLIES 469

Count me in!!  I joined Fit Bit on Jan. 1, 2015 and I average between 14k and 17k steps a day with an hour of that on the treadmill.  My goal is to lose 80 lbs.  I am down by 6 lbs by so far.  I use PACT in addition to Fit Bit and I make pledges each week in order to get money.  If you have a smart phone then you can look it u.  I usually average between $1-$5 each week in earnings which motivates me.  Best wishes to everyone!  Get to stepping 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You Noir!

Start 180

Current 178

Goal 145

Best Answer
0 Votes
Happy to see a new thread with plenty if time to achieve our goals.
I joined in February 2014 and list 38 lbs of my 60 lb goal. The holidays and cold weather gave me the excuse as to why I gained 9 lbs back.
Here's to my final 20!!
Let's make this happen🎉🎊😃

s
MissesFishes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Day 7: back to basics.. Took out my handy measuring cups. I left one on the counter.

I cup of cereal for breakfast.

Raisin Bran or Vector.  Feeling good about today and willing to keep going.

Daily mantra: hit 10,000 steps & continue to WRITE down everything I eat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I just successfully set up my Aria wifi scale, and joined the 2015 Mother's Day challenge comunity a minute ago.

My main difficulty today is finding motivation to take a step.

I have joined an expensive gym 2 times and then do not go, due to bogus ego issues.(everyone will see me Smiley Sad

However In 2011 I qualified for Team USA long course trriathlon (2.5 mile swim, 85 mi bike and 18 mile run) But I Did a face plant off my bike, durring a shorter warm up race, smashed face, broke jaw in 3 places, lost many teeth etc etc;

Yet one month later, in Nov 2011, I did the World championship outlined above. But since then have spiraled to nothing, save an occasional walk or a little yoga. Gained 30lbs and tons of body fat.

I eat fairly healthy, but too much. I have a sugar addiction, yet I stop completely; but  I break fairly frequently. Not horribly lately, ie no candy, cake, cookies.

My hope is to make the decision to take the next step. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in!  We can do this in 15 weeks.   I need the motivation as well, we could use dietbet, it is a service that keeps up with our weight loss, makes it  more of a challenge.    WWW.DIETBET.COM

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is everyone doing? I still need to lose 6 lbs for this challenge, but I think I can do it. Getting over my 2 bad days a couple of days ago. Anyone else struggling? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds awful Renee. I am glad you are recovered. 

I also have the fitbit Aria and I love it. Is there a weight challenge or is it a step challenge? I would like to join a weight challenge. 

Happy counting everyone! 

Best Answer

I think that they only way to keep us accountable is to do a weekly weigh in.

I think everyone's weight loss will vary depending on how much we weigh and what we eat.

1.25/week for 16 weeks is a slow and steady pace, but some may lose 4-9 in their first week , just depends on your caloric intake.

Right now, my goal is 1.25-2 POUNDS down per week.

I want to try to hit that goal. When I gained wt the one day this week, I increased  my steps and now, by Day 7 I have evened out and hit my weekly weight loss.

ie- idea?   checking OUR  weight on MONDAY, then HUMP day, WED.to keep us accountable?

ie- if by WED we are UP, or not losing weight, we may need to increase our STEPS or really watch our caloric intake.

Then, we could check our weight again on SUNDAY to see if we are losing at least 1.25 pounds.

I am NEW to FITBIT and this forum so I'm not sure how " that time of the month" plays into our weekly weigh in's and if we can still lose weight the week before or the week after.

If anyone has experience with the above topic or can share some info, please do.. many thanks.  

Best Answer

food intake is always a daily struggle, but moving and exercising are positive steps and we should be PROUD of our efforts. To keep going, the only thing to do is keep positive and keep trying. I have bad days too.  KEEP TRYING..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Renee, thanks for sharing your story.

First of all, doing a triatholon is an incredible achievement, I don't even run!  Good for you. 

Honestly, hearing stories like yours, makes me feel NORMAL because there are many people who struggle. It happens to me every other day..

Sounds like a painful injury and glad to hear you are okay now.  I am not a lover of the GYM so I bought a cardio machine and have it at my house. You can work out in the privacy of your own home. The challenge with working from home or working out at home is setting up a daily routine and being motivated . I get bored, but for some reason, once I am on the actual machine , I do the workout.

Have you tried any of the following?

- setting up a play list of your favourite songs on an ipod, or music device?

The right music can get your foot moving.

A television show or series can be 20-55 mins in length.

If you have a show you like, you can exercise while you watch the show.

- setting SMALL , attainable goals can help.

ie- your daily goal could be to go for a 30 min walk or do just 30 mins of exercise for a week.

Once you are in a routine ( work out in the morning, or if you work out after dinner) , it makes it a habit.

- get a new exercise DVD and do it with a girlfriend or friend near by?

One of my pals walks at the same pace I do and we go for walks on the wkend.

I have definitely been in your shoes. I gained 10 pounds this year and none of my clothes fit.  I had paid for very expensive WEIGHT loss program that worked, but when I got lazy and stopped counting the portions, the weight came back on. I felt defeated.

Now, I am back at it.

I find tracking steps is a lot easier . They say you should work up from 3000-5000-7000-8900 to 10,000.

We don't know each other, but we can encourage each other to TRY . ONE day at a time.

Glad you joined.

Best Answer

Renee..

I forgot to mention, as a fellow sweet tooth.. I did a short detox.

No sugar for one week, but I could eat dates!

You can crush dates with almonds and roll into a ball. ( quite tasty)

or .. avocado crushed/blended with cocoa powder to make a chocolate pudding.

Best Answer
I do the same thing eat healthy but too much.

I am on vacation this week...easy to get all of my walking and workouts in but harder to eat right.

SC

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I found the new challenge. I like the idea of 20 pounds by Mothers Day.  If it is ok, I'm in!  Now for a question for some of you.  I am new to the FitBit.  I started Spinning but the FitBit Charge doesn't register many steps as I have it on my wrist. and you are grabbing the bike handles.  Is there a place I can wear it that will register my cycling or do I have to manually put the information in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to join the challenge.  I just got my FitBit yesterday; I am so excited to start using it.  We have been working out since July doing lots of stuff from Skinny Ms website, if you haven't tried it you should.  They have lots of recipes, workouts and encouragement.  I have a friend who swears by Cross Fit.  If you can find a Cross Fit Gym nearby you should try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ronnie, I think you are stuck having to log it. A friend of mine puts it on his shoe but that registers more calories that the actual activity. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That helps logging is better than falsely believing I can eat more and undermine my chance of attaining my goal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Bett! What fitbit did you decide on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love to join and I also have to lose about 30 lbs.  I have join a challenge for 10,000 steps. So, I am excited to join a long term challenge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the Charge.  The first thing I notice that could be a real problem for me is my sleep pattern.  The first day I had 4 hr and 11 min of sleep and 3 hours of restless.  Last night I had 2 hrs and 25 min of sleep and the rest was restless.  My longest sleep time was from 4:17-6:30.  No wonder I am so tired all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes