Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Absurdity 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for April 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 30 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

Completed my step goal. Couldn't go out for running as heavy downpour continues for the 2nd day. So did 30 min on treadmill.

steps - 6/30

run - 3/13

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

13 lifting days (this is based on Wed/Fri/Sun)

6/30 on the steps

2/13 on the lifting

I'm going crazy with the steps this week.  My food has been all over the place (good and bad) as I think some days I've had insane calorie burns.  So far it looks okay on the scale, but I'll know on Sunday.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Killed my step count today; I had 11,892 steps, my highest yet! Whoo Hoo for me:) 

I am doing well so far meeting my other goals as well. Today was tough, I definitely didn't feel like going to the gym but I pushed through and I'm glad I did. I didn't get to do any lifting because I got there so late so I will have to do that tomorrow to meet my weekly lifting goal. 

Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 6 for 6 out of 30

Burn: 4 for 6 out of 30

Lifting 2 out of 16 days.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

7/30 on the steps

3/13 on the lifting

Best Answer

Friday: steps done and strength training 

Saturday: steps completed 

Sunday: Did my LSD run 😊. It was a wonderful day for the run. Also after a long time, I burnt 3600 calories. 

Steps: 9/9 out of 30 days

Strength: 2/2 out of 8 days.

Run: 4/4 out of 13 days.

so far on track for this month😀👍

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

9/30 on the steps

4/13 on the lifting

Best Answer

Seem to be struggling this month getting out and walking up and down the road. Too busy in the garden and shop. Then we had a town day on Thursday. 

Thurs 6th  5.8 k, floors 9, 2.6 miles

Fri 7th  12.2 k, 17 floors, 5.5 miles

8th 14.3 k, 43 floors, 6.5 miles. was able to take my 3 mile walk

9th 11.7k, 15 floors, 5.3 miles. working in garden and around yard. You can see the impact on my floor count.

For the month I'm 8/9 on steps, 4/9 floors, 7/9 miles

Best Answer

Hi just wanted to suggest a walking video. Just for a change of pace.  

Best Answer

Last week was a success! I am off to a good start today. 2000+ steps over my goal, did cardio and lifted today as well!

Best Answer

Completed the step goal for yesterday and an hour of Yoga.

Steps: 10/10 out of 30 days.

Yoga: 2/2 out of 4 days.

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

11/30 on the steps

4/13 on the lifting

Hit the 15,000 just after lunch today, although I haven't done much this afternoon.  Half involved in a meeting that gave me time to catch up on posts.  No, I'm not typing while someone else is talking.  I'm really just hanging around until our visitors get back and see if we're done for the day.

Best Answer

@Dave001 wrote:

So that's:

1. 10,000 steps x 30 = 300,000 steps

2. 30 min run x 10 = 300 min (5hrs) running

Still on target!

After 11 days:

11 x 10,000 steps :white_heavy_check_mark: 

4 x 30 min run :white_heavy_check_mark: 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Completed my step goal for today and did my run. It was hard today with my run. Felt so heavy on my quads. Think I haven't fully recovered from 16 k run on Sunday. 

Steps :11/11

Run : 5/5

Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 9 for 12 out of 30

Burn: 8 for 12 out of 30

Lifting 5 out of 16 days.

Coming back from this one week vacation has been a little rough. This past year I have done cheat days on Sunday. This vacation I did a cheat week with food and am finding it a lot harder to get the food in check.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Completed my step goal for April 12th. 

So far steps: 12/12 out of 30 days

Confession time: Didn't do strength training/Lifting y'day. As my race is just 6 weeks away, (training for 1/2) my running distance increases every week. I feel like my body is struggling to recover in a short period of time. Also this was the main reason I reduced my step goal and sticking with the basic 10k steps. So I am lowering my intensity on strength training. But almost every day I am doing lots and lots of stretches which keeps me going injury free. 

So I am revising my goal for this month: 

steps: 10 k

Yoga: 1 per week.

Run: 3 runs per week.

Best Answer

Completed my step goal for 13th April and also went for a nice 6k run. 🙂

Steps: 13/13

Run: 6/6 

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

13/30 on the steps

5/13 on the lifting

Best Answer

@Dave001 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'm aiming for minimum 10k steps every day.

And as I'm slowly reintroducing running in to my life, I'll be aiming for 30 minutes every third day (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 21st, 24th, 27th and 30th).

So that's:

1. 10,000 steps x 30 = 300,000 steps

2. 30 min run x 10 = 300 min (5hrs) running

As we're two weeks in to this wonderful consistency challenge, I thought I'd update my progress. 

I should've done 14 x 10k days and 4 x 30min runs by now. 

What I have done is hit the 10k target every day and gone beyond it. Total steps so far 196.5k, average daily 14k.

I've also been enjoying my running. Rather than 4 runs and 120 minutes, I've done 6 runs and 205 minutes. 

If we have a challenge like this next month, I'm going to have to set my bar a little higher. 

I hope you've all been hitting your targets consistently and enjoying doing so. I'm off to parkrun in the morning for the second time in my life. I think I'm going to make parkrun a regular part of my life. 

Here's wishing everyone a great weekend!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

@Dave001- I think we will have more challenges to come.  I know for me that it's the steps/exercise/calories burned that's way more important for me as I continue to lose weight.  As well, it will be important to me when I reach my goal weight.

Sounds like you've found something you enjoy doing.  In the end that's more important than simply doing it until you lose weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes