Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Absurdity 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for April 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 30 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

15,000 steps a day

13 lifting days (this is based on Wed/Fri/Sun)

22/30 on the steps

9/13 on the lifting

Somewhere along the way I lost count.  Basically I've moved one lifting day but have done them all.  That's what I get for only posting periodically.  Woman Happy

@Dave001- if you're enjoying your running still I wouldn't worry at the moment about a rest day.  I generally don't do a rest day from steps/cardio until I feel I need it.  The lifting days I do take a rest day as my muscles ache the next day (okay, sometimes two days later).

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Completed my step goal for yesterday. This morning I did my run. It was so good to do in the light drizzle. I really enjoyed. 

Step goal so far: 22/22 out of 30 days.

Run: 9/9 out of 13.

Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 18 for 22 out of 30

Burn: 16 for 22 out of 30

Lifting 12 out of 16 days.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Completed the step goal for yesterday 23rd April. Weather wise, it was sunny and a beautiful day. Did my long run.

Step goal: 24/24

Run: 10/10 .

Best Answer

Steps: 19 for 23 out of 30

Burn: 17 for 23 out of 30

Lifting 13 out of 16 days.

Best Answer
  • Steps: 24/24 out of 30. Did an hour of yoga. 👍4/4 for this month. Wooohooo! 😀

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

23/30 on the steps

10/13 on the lifting

Missed one day (yesterday), but made a decision not to even try part way through the day and took a nap.  Woman Happy

Best Answer

Weather dry and warm for a few days

April 23  step 15.3 k, floors 41, miles 6.9

4/24, steps 15.7 k, floors 40, 7.1 miles

for the month i'm 21/24 on steps

Best Answer

Completed my step goal for today. Literally, I do not feel like running. Don't know what happened to me! No motivation or no drive to do so. Sometimes, I do want to be lazy. Also the weather does not help. It's raining. I know I have to re-group myself, but for now, I want to be a lazy couch potato 😱😔

steps: 25/25.

Best Answer

Come on @Bhuvana, put your trainers on and go for a light jog. 

Even if you don't feel like it, you can get out and manage a gentle 5 minutes. 

We both know that the first 5 minutes are the worst. If you can do those first few steps, you know you'll do a couple of miles. 

I dropped another steps day yesterday. I'm down to 24/26. But I did swim yesterday. And ran a five-miler tonight, so I don't feel too guilty. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Thanks @Dave001 for cheering me up!  Yes, always the 1st k is difficult after that it will be easy peesy. Also I am under the radar. Not well as I have cold and cough. I want to get rid of this ASAP, so that I can do 18 k on Sunday with my group. Let's hope for it. 🙂

Completed my goal step for today. 🙂 It's only 2 in the afternoon. 

26/26 Steps. 

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

25/30 on the steps

11/13 on the lifting

Best Answer

Completed the step goal for today. 27/27. No running yet. 😔

Best Answer

Steps: 22 for 27 out of 30

Burn: 21 for 27 out of 30

Lifting 15 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

This weather is upside down! It was 82 on Tuesday, rain and 47 on Wednesday. The forecast for tomorrow and Sunday includes up to 12 inches of rain. Perhaps I need a kayak? 

4/25 steps 14.5 k, 50 floors, 6.5 miles

4/26 steps 10.3 k, 23 floors, 4.7 miles

4/27 steps 12.2 k, 8 floors, 5.8 miles

Best Answer

Completed my step goal for today.

Goal steps: 28/28 --> this one is on track. but not my run. I made up my mind to do one short distance tomorrow. Fingers crossed! 🙂

Best Answer

Looks like most of the rain they predicted for today is going to the north! So I can get out and do my walk today.

4/28  Steps 12.5 k, 46 floors, 5.65 miles, 

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

26/30 on the steps

12/13 on the lifting

I'm going to end the month on 26/30 on steps but I'll likely do the lifting tomorrow.  I'm a bit tapped out physically at the moment.  The challenge I was in that ended on the 15th brought me up to over 50,000 steps the last day (and an average of over 30,000 steps a day that week).  To make matters worse this time period also combined extra hours at work and greatly reduced sleep patterns.  My resting heart rate has been climbing as well.  My usual has been high 50s/low 60s with a few peaks and dips.  Thursday though it was 77 and yesterday I decided that I needed to do something about it.  Sleep came first - 9h45m last night (although in bed for almost 11h) and today I was just going to work in the garden.  However the temperature dropped again and it's cold and overcast out and I'm not even doing that.  I'm going to turn the heat back on, make a point to go eat something (it's almost 1pm and I have less than 500 steps still, but I also haven't sucked up the enthusiasm to go make something yet).

I think this coming week needs to be a rest week for me.  Especially the sleep thing.

Best Answer

Completed my step goal and also did a short 20 min run this morning. Felt good.

steps: 29/29

Run: 11/12 .

@A_Lurker: sometimes, it happens. Still you are doing a awesome job. Sleep is really important. Listen to the body and take it easy. Have a good weekend!

Best Answer

Final day of April!

Summary:

10,000 steps/day: 28/30

30 minute run: 11/10

So all in all, not too bad a month. 

This morning's 30 minute run ended up being an 80 minute run of 7.2 miles. It was a hard, slow, hilly run, but great to get some more miles in my legs. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer