Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Absurdity 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for April 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 30 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 30.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

I might as well hop in here too.  🙂

My first day with my Fitbit was April 1st, my goal is 10,000 steps. The only day I didn't make it was April 2nd, but, I'm sure I got the steps, I just hadn't fully charged my fitbit out of the box and it was nearly dead when I woke up that morning. Left it charging for 5 hours to be sure it was fully charged this time. 

I think I'm going to leave my goal steps at 10,000. My average for the last week was 13,289. But, a couple of those days it was hard to hit 10,000. I have a desk job and sometimes I just have way too many desk tasks to get in enough steps at work to hit 15,000. 10,000 should be achievable everyday though. 

Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 11 for 14 out of 30

Burn: 9 for 14 out of 30

Lifting 7 out of 16 days.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@Dave001: Way to go... You are really stepping up here. I am glad you enjoy your run even more these days. Keep it up:)

Yesterday was a lazy day and I was in a last minute scramble to finish my step goal. (Literally walking around my bedroom around 11 PM). 

So far 14/14 out of 30 days. 

Good job everyone! Have a good (long) weekend! Long weekend for us in Canada for the Easter. 

Best Answer

Steps: 12 for 15 out of 30

Burn: 10 for 15 out of 30

Lifting 8 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

Way behind on reporting again. Thought I'd have more time on my hands when I retired.

4/10 steps, 12.8 k, 32 floors, 5.8 miles

4/11 steps, 13.8 k, 24 floors, 6.3 miles

4/12 steps, 14.5 k, 43 floors, 6.6 miles

4/13 steps, 10.4 k, 13 floors, 4.8 miles, this was another "town" day

4/14 steps, 15.5 k, 52 floors, 7 miles

4/15 steps, 10.1 k, 18 floors, 4.6 miles, another "town" day.

Rain on the way in now which we need.

Best Answer

Oh no! I missed my 10000 steps goal yesterday. I went to the gym and did a really good workout, but not "stepping" stuff. 

I only did 8146 steps yesterday. But as my total for the weekend was 27522, I'm not too upset with myself!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Steps: 13 for 16 out of 30

Burn: 11 for 16 out of 30

Lifting 8 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

Rain came early left quickly, a good day after all.

4/16  steps, 14.5 k, floors 43, miles 6.6

I just looked up and saw you can add photos, thought I would try it. This picture came from my game cam on my driveway.

Gray fox on my driveway game camGray fox on my driveway game cam

Best Answer

8000 steps | 30 minutes of cardio, five days a week | strength training 2 days a week

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Met my goal last week, although I barely made my step count Friday and Saturday (those were travel days). Off to a great start today; reached my personal best in steps and active minutes (19,767 steps, and 117 active minutes!). 

Best Answer

mmm... behind in my update! Busy and tiring weekend 😞 

Anyway, I am on track for step goals and my run. As the yoga studio was closed for the Easter Monday holiday, I did this @ home. 

So far: Steps - 17/17

Run - 7/7

Yoga - 3/3 

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

13 lifting days (this is based on Wed/Fri/Sun)

18/30 on the steps

6/13 on the lifting

I'm behind on my posting and my Sunday workout ended up being Monday, but so far so good for the month. 

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Completed my step goal and my run yesterday. 🙂 

Steps: 18/18 out of 30 days

Run: 8/8 so far 🙂

One thing I noticed. Last month whenever I had to do my 3rd run in a week and I did only couple of times. For this month, I am well self-disciplined on those Thursdays. 🙂 Feels good. Thanks for pushing me.

Bhuvana

Best Answer

Weather cooperating but much to do around the place kept me from dedicated walk.

April 17 Steps 12.1k, floors 19 miles 5.47

4/18 steps 10.7 k, floors 24, miles 4.88

Best Answer

Completed my step goal for 19th April.

Steps: 19/19 out of 30 days.

Best Answer

Steps: 16 for 19 out of 30

Burn: 14 for 19 out of 30

Lifting 9 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

@Bhuvana wrote:

For this month, I am well self-disciplined on those Thursdays. 

I think I jinxed myself. It's pouring out here. Today, I do not have any desire to run in this heavy downpour Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Day 20!

10,000 steps: 19/20.

30 min run: 9/10.

I'm ahead of schedule with my running. I wanted to use this month to slowly reintroduce running to my life and run for just 30 minutes, ten times in April.

But I just can't stop it now! I love it.

I know that rest days are an important (essential!) part of any training regime, but I'm really struggling not to go running. I forced myself to have a day off running today, but had to go for a ten mile walk just to keep myself from going stir crazy!

Luckily, it was a really nice walk. But I'd rather have been running. Not to worry, I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Steps: 17 for 20 out of 30

Burn: 15 for 20 out of 30

Lifting 10 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

Completed the step goal for yesterday, but didn't do any run. Planning to do one tomorrow. I hope I do. Fingers crossed.

Steps: 20/20 out of 30 days. I am pretty happy about this. 🙂

Best Answer

I'm still here...100% record for my step goal so far, although the yoga has slipped. Happy with the steps though 12000 a day 🙂

Best Answer