Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

I lost 100 pounds with mine. I have now kept that weight off for almost 3 years. I walk about 32-35000 steps a day. Count every calorie Sunday through Thursday. The I have Fat Friday and Sow Saturday and eat whatever I want.

Best Answer

32,000 steps a day? Wow. I walk 12K or more for almost 18 months
straight. That has helped me to keep my weight regain to a pretty small
amount. Everyone thinks I am walk crazy @ 12K a day.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

I try to do 12-15K steps daily. Most I've done so far was 25K.

Best Answer
I have lost 10 lbs since getting my fitbit charge
Best Answer

I have 28 pounds lost since I have my fitbit. In winter I dont walk lot at 80 years old on the street  with ice and snow it s not for me but 1 thing I have not take 1 pound his winter. Normally I take 10 pounds back but not this winter. I was 184 when I start and now 156 want to drop at 135 or 140 I will have it a little bit at the time.

Best Answer
Just do it.  You know what you have to do.  Rid your house of things you know you should not have.  Make portion sized snacks and treats in little containers and only use one at a time.  Put a picture on the frig of what you want to look like (you or someone else) and look at every time you open that big cold box.
franniema
Best Answer
That is a lot of steps...I do 20,000 a day.
I count calories 7 days a week...I don’t trust myself to splurge on the weekends.  I eat what I want...just moderation and have altered recipes to fit my calorie intake.  My husband says he can’t tell the difference, but I save 200 to 300 calories by altering the recipes.
franniema
Best Answer

That is wonderful Carezy, keep going

My fitness has increased and so has my weight ... not to happy about that and really do not want to start a "starvation diet" again : (

Best Answer

Wow! well done ... thats dedication for you and keeping it off for 3 years, amazing!

Best Answer

24 kilometres a day is a lot per day, even 12km! At this stage I am not able to do this with the business I am running ... would like to get somewhere inbetween and not have to do a "starvation diet" to start losing the weight!?

Best Answer

Yep, I will get back on the calorie count (MyFitnessPal worked last time and then I went on holidays and let it all go again ... hmmmmmmm)

I am happy with the fact that my fitness level has increased since using the fitbit, but the weight has gone up too!?

Time to take action!

@FrannieMawrote:
That is a lot of steps...I do 20,000 a day.
I count calories 7 days a week...I don’t trust myself to splurge on the weekends.  I eat what I want...just moderation and have altered recipes to fit my calorie intake.  My husband says he can’t tell the difference, but I save 200 to 300 calories by altering the recipes.
franniema

Best Answer
You don’t need to starve yourself.  I eat more now than I did when at my heaviest.  Modify your diet.  Yes, you should eat more veggies and fruit if possible, a God send to me.    I use  sweet potatoes and coleslaw to fill up if I need to splurge.  They taste great and help me to “fill up”.  I use no mayonnaise in my coleslaw...instead, I use ICBINB (I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (spray).  Try fish and seafood products once or twice a week.  Drink water when you think you are hungry...you are probably dehydrated.  Get up and take a short walk or just do something minor if you are bored.

Franniema  
Best Answer
Just listen to your doctor and improve at your own pace. Rome wasn’t built
in a day. Am praying for your success.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Good advice, thank you : )

Best Answer

Good for you. I'm down 34 lbs since Dec. 1. I have no desire for fat Fridays or sow saturdays now or in the future. I follow Harry's Rules. Except I lift three days a week.

Harry's Rules
  • Exercise six days a week for the rest of your life.
  • Do serious aerobic exercise four days a week for the rest of your life.
  • Do serious strength training, with weights, two days a week for the rest of your life.
  • Spend less than you make.
  • Quit eating garbage!
  • Care.
  • Connect and Commit.
Best Answer

I like that and agree. 

Best Answer

I lost 1 1/2 lbs in the past three weeks.

Eleanor     

Best Answer

Another month has drifted by & I have lost another pound for a total loss of 21 over 10 months.  I am now half way to my target.  I tried walking a few laps on the indoor track at the gym with a 10lb kettlebell in each hand, about the amount of weight I have lost.  It was much harder than I remember so I guess I have lost muscle along with the weight.

I bought myself an Aria 2 scale and I am quite pleased with it.  Someone at Fitbit things it takes 2 minutes to set up.  It took me 95 and I have so far been unable to add a second person.  

Best Answer

@reuelwrote:

Fitbit is a tool .... ultimately, its still on us.

and yes, i have been losing weight before fitbit, and i have been losing weight a lot better with fitbit. i never knew my non workout days burn more calories than my gym days. and that is because i fidget/walk 3x as much with those non-workout days... those really add up!

I also was shocked to learn that my burn was about the same on workout/no workout days! I think I give myself a lot of rest and recovery time after a workout that I normally spend bustin it to get stuff done. I keep the workouts because I think some high intensity cardio and heavy lifting is good for heart health and muscle tone. But still...it's kind of cool to know that I'm burning some real calories just doing good old fashioned work.

Best Answer

@Alaziowrote:

I also was shocked to learn that my burn was about the same on workout/no workout days!

I'm curious, how did you come to that conclusion?  I ask because on a non-workout day, say last Sunday, I only burned 2,303 calories, however, on a full workout day, say yesterday, I burned 4,206 calories; pretty much a completely different ball game.

Best Answer