Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering if there are any older women trying the Fitbit, I am 70 and just started.

Looking to see if anyone else my age is trying the fitbit to lose weight, I am 70 but I do workout with a personal trainer and take Yoga.
Best Answer
1,087 REPLIES 1,087
Thanks so much for the reply! It's so helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes
you need to sync your fitbit and it will read your steps - only thing you manually input is 'other' activity, food and water - and it will vibrate when you hit 10,000 steps - but you have to right click on symbol at bottom of screen and sync to get updated steps
Best Answer
no problem as i am just learning as well and my goal every day now is 10,000 steps and I feel defeated if I don't, but what I really like is it is just me and the computer and why lie to the computer and the food thing - i am always under eating and when I actually ate the calories it said to eat (which I felt like a failure) it actually congratulated me on meeting my calorie intake - weird concept - but it makes one more aware and no guessing on food - it puts the calories in for you - you only select the food

good luck - I look at it as a way to keep track of my daily life - I do the sleep at night and now have a better handle (i feel) for the doctors questions when I do go see him
Best Answer
What are the biggest lessons you learned from WW ?
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I just joined.  I am 63 and very excited that my fitbit force came today.  I have lost 20 lbs since mid Sept just by going to gym 3 or 4 times a week with my longtime workout buddy to do elliptical, weights and yoga for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, and biking with my dogs, and gardening.  I hit a plateau in weight loss over the holidays so I am hoping the Force will be with me to push past this!  I also ordered a hr monitor which should come soon.  I also stopped my statins since Sept which I think helped.  I feel much better.

Renee

Best Answer

I'm also 63 and working with a PT and trying to go to the gyn 4-5 times a week. I have a long journey but i've begun it and that is the first step. Welcome to fitbit, let's support each other!

Rubygirl
Best Answer
Well u are much more active that I am. I try to
Do
Aquacize 3-4 times a week but other then that And my
Normal activity I am
A slug! Thought I would start with walking and hope by spring to
Be able to add activity.
Not on meds but working to increase my good cholesterol by walking

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
We will get there!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Took statins for about  a month and had a bad reaction so I educated myself about Cholesterol and pitched the Rx.  Feeling good and would be even better if I can shed 10 lbs.  Walking 3 miles a day and watching the calorie intake.  Love the bracelet especially when it vibrates.  🙂

Best Answer

Great to see so many 60+ females trying to get and stay healthy.  Cheers to all of us!!

Best Answer
I'd love to get off the meds but I do not think my doc will let me till I am of normal weight. That's 15 pounds away.

You are braver than I am.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Wow. You are doing a great deal!! Keep going to the gym but don't make the mistake I did. Please cross train. I hurt myself because I did not vary my exercise program. I'm fine now but I lost almost 2 months because of that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

What did you change in crosstraining - i love the eliptical and the bike which I do at the gym with weights and treadmill every night at home - but the cross training is what I need - my body definately adjusts to the exercise routines

Best Answer
It sounds like you are doing it.

I do aquatics aerobics. Water jogging. Swimming. Zumba. Weight training. Bike. Row. Yoga.

The trick seems to be NOT to follow a strict pattern.

At the gym I go to no class is alike. Even the next day the same titled class will be different.

If you can get to a pool I recommend it. I am losing it off my hips. Finally.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
thank you - i think that may be the trick - even if I so eliptical and bike maybe do them at different times along with the weights - i do get in the hot tub and work my legs (no access to pool) but my grandkids are looking into a pool membership and on weekends I could go with them - I do love to swim
Best Answer
Count the walking.

I hurt my knees doing 35 minutes plus of elliptical with increased resistance. If I were doing it again I would do it every 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Guess we were all slugs. Any change out of the chair is a good choice. I've been working on this for months. The fitbit just makes it focused so I can not hide from the numbers.

Keep pushing.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I'm soon to be 60.  Got my fitbit for Christmas from my husband.  I have lost 110 lbs on the Medifast program since Sept 2013 and have about 40 more to go.  I joined a gym and got a personsal trainer who started me doing pilates.  And i started walking again and reach 3 miles per walk.  I work from home so getting myself active during the day is challenging.   I've been using myfitness pal to track food intake and Endumundo to track my activity.  I never linked the two of them.  With fitbit I've linked to both so I'll see how that works out.  I love how fitbit tells me how many floors I've gone up.  This is a huge change for me where I would plan ahead and limit the numbers of times I had to go up and down the stairs.  Now I have a goal of ten floors per day.  I hit 13 yesterday!!!  I'm facing knee replacement surgery in a couple of months and am really motivated to get this last 40lbs off!

Best Answer

I am new to the Fitbit.  I bought it a couple of months ago, but just set it up last week.  Talk about procrastinating! LOL  Seriously I have to start taking time for me and I need all the help and motivation I can get.  I never say no to the kids and grandkids and I also have to deal with an elderly mother and a husband who has an end stage disease.  Also I work full time.  I recently had a knee replacement and after talking with my doctor, I realized that I need to be more active, lose weight and get healthier.  So I guess I am just looking for some motivation and inspiration from all of you fellow fitbit users.

Have a great evening!  Peggy 

Best Answer

I am an older woman and have lost 40 pounds with my Fitbit - I walked 3,000 miles last year.  I have had a great time and feel so much better.  We have a group on Facebook that motivates us to be accountable - look us up if you have time.  

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer