Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering if there are any older women trying the Fitbit, I am 70 and just started.

Looking to see if anyone else my age is trying the fitbit to lose weight, I am 70 but I do workout with a personal trainer and take Yoga.
Best Answer
1,087 REPLIES 1,087
Thank you for the welcome! I love my fitbit....becoming addicted to walking. I'm up to 8000 per day, have not made 10,000 yet. Two replacement knees force me to stay active, and some vanity added in.

Take care and keep on walking!

Lil
Best Answer
I am amazed at how many steps you can take in the house to add to whatever else your doing. That was a great wakeup. Love the tracking!

Lil
Best Answer
I went to the gym yesterday and did cardio and machines for 1 ? hours. And
I continue to try and hit at least 20,000 a day. Hoping for results soon.
Best Answer

You will get there - I have a 75,000 day and am 58 years old.  I will try for more eventually - just to see if I can do it LOL

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Just cleaning house for part of the day will get you a good 5,000 steps - always wear your Fitbit!

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Great job @Bobhol 

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

@helena Most definitely - never give up 🙂   In fact, I exercise more now than when I was younger 🙂

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
Not sure how these messages all work cause I don't have a kindergartener.
Best Answer
You walked 75,000 steps in a day???? Isn't that like 30 miles????? **ahem**
you are good.
Best Answer

I am 51 and when given 100% effort into the diet and exercise I lose weight with the fitbit.  If your exercising more than your eating and not getting a weightloss then may try eating more.  Sometimes your not eating enough.

Best Answer

I'm 65 years old and have been working for two years to get in better shape. With double hip replacements, back issues I had to learn to walk all over again. End of the first year I gave up the walker. End of 2nd year I gave up my cane.  Now I'm up to trying to maintain 4000 steps per day consistently. Some days it is a struggle (it took me almost a year to get that far), but I am determined. I have lost 59 pounds so far and want to lose another 70. The FB keeps me aware and is a good motivator.  

I also try to do Walk Away The Pounds at home and go a gym 1x/week (Silver Sneakers). Before all this I was a marital arts 4th degree black belt instructor - so it's been hard coming back - but I am determined to be able to walk at least 3 miles without pain daily.

Best Answer
You sure have "grit". Good for you...you should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

Keep at it. One day at a time is all any of us has. You are an inspiration!
Lil
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Maybe the comma was misplaced and it's 7,500!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi - I'm new to the Fit Bit thing.  I have been exercising at the gym and find it a great motivation.  Do a lot of walking at work and the first day I used it was over 10,000.  Today was 9,800.  I am 56 and have to lose weight but concentrating for now on the exercise.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow is the only word that fits. Do you do this often?

Lil
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Helena, I will be 70 in a few weeks and love my fitbit which I got for Christmas.  I hate to read instructions but am figuring it out!  I am not up to 10,000 steps yet but soon I hope with the help of my Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim tape.  I have tried many different eating programs during the years and am now on the Daniel Plan with my grown daughters and my husband.  Before that I was on the JJ Virgin Diet and still am enjoying the smoothies.  The diets are very similar but the Daniel Plan is more of a whole life approach and we are enjoying all aspects of it! Good luck with your fitbit! 

Best Answer
I just made my first 10,000 and I'm thrilled. I can't even imagine 75,000. Maybe when I start gardening in the spring along with water aerobics and the gym.....I might make 20,000! Or not!

Lil
P.S. I'm 73 and have two knee replacements. Best thing I ever did.
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Wow, I'm thrilled for you! I am going to get there!

Best Answer