Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day challenge 2017

This is an ongoing challenge where we post weekly about our weight and share helpful tips, give support and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations are helpful to use:

SW - starting weight

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight

USW - highest weight

All that you need to do to join is write a post with your starting weight and your goal.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203

USW - 315 lbs

7-5- 212.8 lbs  - SW

7-11 - 210.8 lbs

7-18 - 213 lbs

7-25 - 208.6 lbs

8-1 - 208 lbs | -.6 lbs

GW - 203 (about a lb a week)

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

i just wanted to share an NSV (non-scale victory). I did my first weekly meal prep today!  12 meals of chicken, turkey, beef, cauliflower, broccoli, mixed veggies, brown rice and sweet potatoes. I have lunches and dinners for the next 6 days!  And it only took me 90 minutes.  Each meal has approximately 330-400 calories.  And the sodium content is lower than those microwaveable lunches. 

Have a great day!

Best Answer

Hi Everyone!  Just got a new Fitbit(Charge 2) and I am starting this journey.  How often does everyone weigh in? 

F/52 years old/5'4"

Breast Cancer Conqueror! 3 years out!!

SW - 164.00

CW - 164.00 

PW - 164

GW - 144

To get started I am committing to 4 spin classes a week and hitting my 10,000 steps at least 5 days of the week.  Let's Go!!!

I believe that the very bad times in our life puts us on a direct path to the very best times of our life.
Best Answer

@LorettaK  Welcome to this challenge.  The only "rules" are to be supportive of others - we each have to find our own way on this journey- and to make this your own, doing what works for you.   At least that is all I can think of.  That said, most tend to weigh in on the same day each week.  And there are plenty of exceptions.  Many post frequently, some daily, to keep the focus going and stay on track.  We all tend to focus on being healthy and doing this as a way of taking care of our bodies, not for a quick fix. This is a great learning experience as we deal with physical issues, emotional eating, impulses, families, getting support, etc.

I think you'll find this group to be very supportive, smart, wise, fun, and helpful.

Most of all - congrats on the 3 years!  That matters most.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

Congrats on being a survivor!!! I am a 11 year survivorSmiley Wink

Best Answer

Sorry if I've been extra quiet, all. I am in the middle of a kitchen reno. I have no stove, no microwave, and even struggling to find a place to put my coffee maker so I've given up. I went to a local diner for breakfast but didn't eat the processed meat, had only one toast and left a lot of my grilled potatoes. I'm an egg addict so I ate those. 

The kitchen is coming along...the cabinets and counter tops should be in by noon tomorrow and then the plumber will be in to hook up the new sink and faucets. I'll share a before and after pic! This means I haven't been able to go walking with mom because I want to be around when the guys are here. I took two short walks yesterday. This cold is NOT going away. It's in my chest now and my asthma was set off by someone wearing too much scented product. I have no puffers. I might have to go to the doctor in a bit to get a prescription. My throat is raw and hasn't improved in a week. I might need something for that too. But this cold is also preventing me from going to the pool for workouts. I guess it's telling me I need a break.

Ok, here is the demo pic...note the 70 yr old floor tiles under the window on the right. Yikes.kitchendemo.jpg

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Love the sound of that!  Congrats to you!

I believe that the very bad times in our life puts us on a direct path to the very best times of our life.
Best Answer

LABOR DAY CHALLENGE
USW 207.9 (May 22, 2016)
SW 168.8 (7/13)
PW 166.8 (7/17)
PW 166.3 (7/21)
PW 164.9 (7/28)
CW 164.2 (8/3)
GW 159.9
UGW just trying to get to a 24.9 BMI
Plan: mfp food tracker and exercise 5 days per week

Best Answer

What a day! I'm exhausted. I went to bed around 11pm last night and had a few seizures in the night that woke me. I was up from 3-5am and then snoozed again til 6:45am, waking again with a seizure. Ran to the diner for breakfast take-out and then the cabinet guy arrived to finish the kitchen. I went to the hardware store (5000 step walk) to buy a range hood. After the cabinets were done, the plumber arrived to install the sink. Lo and behold, our huge internet/home phone/cell phone/tv provider had technical issues. People lost several or all of these services for the entire afternoon. Banks were having to line people up in queues to enter the bank to get cash out because atm's were down. Police and ambulance and fire are all run by digital crap now so they were saying if you needed to contact 911, to go to a land line that WASN'T this service provider. It was insane!! At least four of the ten Canadian provinces were affected, and even more cities out west. The dog groomer only takes cash so I was in a panic because I had to go pick up my little guy. Another 4000 step walk got me there after finding an ATM that was not on that service provider, and then....I had a major asthma attack at the groomer's, so bad that I couldn't breathe or talk, tears running down my face, had to run out. It was the scented products she uses (pet shampoo) while having this chest cold. She drove me home I was in such bad shape. When home I had to figure out if I could plug my stove in, finally got a real meal cooked, cleaned out all the dusty new cupboards, and now I'm too exhausted and hot to fill my cupboards back up. That will just have to wait. Oh...and the stove doesn't fit into the space they left for it...so it's sticking out two feet into my kitchen space. Hahaha. It's a holiday weekend so I won't have anyone to fix it til Tuesday.

Almost 12,000 steps and I'm going to have a cold shower and flake out for the rest of the evening. I need my brain and body to go numb for a while. Too much chaos. 

Thanks for letting me spill my guts about my day. Needed to unload.

Best Answer

@_Lilac_ No wonder you're exhausted, I'm tired just reading about your day! Hope everything shapes up soon.

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 209.8 (7/04/17)

LW- 211.2

CW- 209.0

GW- 202.0 (September 4th)

UGW- 150

Got my eating under better control this week and it shows in the numbers.

Best Answer

Start - 07/09 - 251

Sun 2 - 244 - 07/16 

Sun 3 - 244 - 07/23 

Sun 4 - 246 - 07/30

Sun 5 - 241 - 08/06

Sun 6 - 08/13 (241 Target)

Sun 7 - 08/20 (241 Target)

Sun 8 - 08/27 (240 Target)

Sun 9 - 09/03 (240 Target)

Labor Day Goal - 239

- 5 lbs

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

I had another crazy day yesterday...won't go into details but it involved 15,000 steps. My daughter wants to go to an open house for a local cat rescue and get a kitten today. She's 22yrs this month so I said, "Your cat, your litter, your food, your vet $$$". The cats are all fixed and socialized, and she was pre-approved with the rescue so it's off to the place for 'eenie meenie minie moe' choosing. Hoping my two dogs (who have been okay during exposure to cats in the past) will tolerate it in the house. 

I'm not seeing any big weight changes up or down this week but I've had this chest cold and went through a kitchen reno. I just need to get my life into my regular routine so I can concentrate on myself again. The heat wave broke with a big rainy system going through right now. We had a brush/forest fire nearby last night requiring water bombing planes. My grass hasn't required mowing in weeks as it's too dry for anything to grow. It's hard to get out to do a 'workout' when it's so darned hot. But I'm getting lots of steps so there is that.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is having a great summer and doing lots of fun activities. Let's hear about some of them! This challenge has been particularly quiet. Usually we have loads and loads to talk about!

Best Answer

@_Lilac_

Sounds like more heat and excitment  than you would like.  Setting on my bum all day doing genealogy on line. Day off. 

Good luck with the cat and dogs together thing. 

Maybe it is time to walk as I took less than 500 steps today and it is 6 PM.

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

@almost_where

congrats on a week early goal success. 

Barb

Best Answer

@LorettaK

Welcome and congrats on 3 year mark.

All the best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

Things are finally going in the right direction as far as my weight. FINALLY!!! I'm doing less walking and more weight-lifting and that seems to be working better for me. Some of these weeks have been so hot and humid that I just can't do it outside exercise, but in general it's finally starting to work. The past few days I've been down in the 193 range, I'm so excited! 

Also I measured myself last weekend and everything has gotten smaller so that made me happy, too.

Labor Day Challenge:

USW - 207.5

SW - 195.4 - July 4th

PW - 195.6 - 7/11

PW - 195.6 - 7/15

PW - 196.4 - 7/22

PW - 195.7 - 7/29

CW - 194.5 - 8/5

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@_Lilac_  Are you going to share a photo of your kitchen when its all finished?  I hope that you've had a few better days.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
0 Votes

@almost_where  I see that you're ahead of your target weight. Way to go!!

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@Tybokitty  How is little Chelsea doing? I feel so bad for her. Its hard for us to lose our beloved pets and then to see their companion's grief makes it even harder. Scully had this forlorn sounding meow when she would look for Buddy. I'd hear that meow and I'd look and see her staring at the closet, just waiting.  I thought I'd add some pics of my sweet girls. I'd love to see Tybo and Chelsea.Buddy 2 months before her death, 2012Buddy 2 months before her death, 2012Buddy and Scully, 2007Buddy and Scully, 2007

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning I got on the scale for the first time in 7 months. I had been hovering around 136 and am 144.8. I knew I'd gained weight- my clothes have been tight, but I'm frustrated with myself that I've put on 9 lbs. I'm going away for a night with my husband and family and want to get down to 140 by then.

Sorry for the long rant. Hoping this group will keep me accountable!

SW: 144.8

GW: 130

Best Answer