Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 100 pounds to lose . . .

ANSWERED

Four years ago my boyfriend was killed in a car accident.  At that time I was losing weight and down 100 pounds after a year of dieting.  within three years after he was killed, I had gained all the weight back.  Last June I decided to get back on the weight loss journey and in the last six months have lost 50 pounds.  I received my Fitbit for Christmas and I am really invigorated about getting fit again.  I am still in need of losing another 125 or so.  I am looking for people who like me have a whole lot of weight to lose so that we can encourage  each other on this journey.

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I just ordered this book based on your recommendation. 🙂 I still have 60 lbs to lose, and am finding it difficult to maintain weight loss progress. I'm fighting for every pound, it seems. 

Best Answer

I totally understand.  I have lost the same 3 pounds about 8 times.  I gain it, then lose, gain it then lose.  I am so tired of this cycle.  I am only 5'1" and I am stuck at 185 and have been for 2 years.  I am doing 30 minutes of exercise and have been since early July, but still not losing pounds or very many inches.  I know it is my eating.  I hav to get my portions under control and I have to eat the right stuff.  Fast food is the biggest problem.  Quick and easy.  I have found a good meal replacement shake for breakfast and that is probably the healthiest meal I have all day.  It goes way down hill after that.  One of the trainers on one of my videos says " You can't out exercise a bad diet" and I guess she is totally correct.  No matter what I do with exercise the pounds will not budge.  Tips on healthly eating would be greatly appreciated if anybody has some good recipes.

Best Answer

Kikai?   

What book did you order?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kay 34 would you like a friend to help.  I wear my everyday.  I have an office job so I don't get in a lot of steps.  My goal right now is only 5,000 steps a day.  Friend me if you want and we can help each other get to 10,000.  I could use some movitation too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"The Cognitive behavioral workbook for weight management"

I know I have issues with food. I have an addictive personality, and have had issues with cigarettes, drugs, food, etc. Sigh. Looks like this is just one more addiction I need to tackle. I should get addicted to salad and exercize.

Best Answer

nestferchrys, are you doing some kind of exercise routine?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Sherrystrole. I have lost 80 lbs so far, and have another 60 to go.
It's a slow process. I have started with a personal trainer about 1 month
ago. I have noticed my body tightening up, but no additional weight loss so
far. In fact, I gained 5 lbs over the past week with my son home visiting
from Hawaii. We went on vacation and the FitBit went to "sleep". No logging
food, no walking goals...time to get back on the wagon. 🙂 I am back to
logging my food, and back to my daily routine. Thanks for the offer,
though, I think I've got it.
Best Answer

Sherrystrole -

Yep.  I have two Beachbody programs that I use - one is the old "Turbo Jam" with Chalene Johnson, and the second is Tai Cheng.   Because I am so significantly over weight I cannot always do turbo jam with my knees, but I can do tai chi!

I am also a gamer (Old school D&D, roll a d6 for damage!) and found this: 

http://darebee.com/programs/hero-journey.html

It's a gamer/choose your own adventure workout.

They also have other themed workouts based on TV shows and movies. 

While I can't do all of it, something is better than nothing and the more I do - the easier it gets and the more I *can* do. 

Since I really started to focus on this, I've lost 27 lbs. It isn't much, but in the last 12 weeks I eliminated all colas (I'd been having 2-3 a day easily), eliminated refined sugars and all grains (wheat, rice, white potatoes, oats, etc.)  I eat fermented foods as often as I can (veggies, yogurts, fresh cheese I make myself) and a good balance of fruits and veggies and protein.  I stay away from processed foods.  I do my own cooking.  Roasted chicken in the crockpot and then use the bones to make a broth, and making things from 'scratch'. This has reduced my edema a great deal, and helped me get my blood sugar back under control.

I want my life back.  No ice cream is going to taste as good going camping with my friends will feel.  This is a battle I fully plan to win - and I don't even need armor to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nestferchrys,

I'm a gamer, too, and my husband bought me a Wii fit. I'm slightly chicken to try it, but plan on breaking it out for the winter when exercising becomes difficult in RI. I forwarded the link below to my husband. I'm sure he will get a kick out it. 

Two D&D inspired musical forays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol, roll a d6 is in my general music rotation. I had not heard the other one. Thanks for the new to me music!
Best Answer

I have a similar weight loss goal and am looking for friends to do daily challenges and help keep each other motivated!  I am only at 5k steps/day at the moment and working towards 10k.  I don't see where to add any of you though.  Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks 🙂

Best Answer

If you click on the persons icon picture, then click on "Go to profile", there will be a "+ add as friend" button on their page near their picture. 

Best Answer

Thank you for the response. I just tried to do that and I have no "+add as friend".  To be sure I even Ctrl+f and searched for "add" and "Friend" but nothing on the page.  I think maybe I have something broken >.<

Best Answer

Should be right here (excuse my penmanship. I can't write with a mouse...)

Capture.JPG

Best Answer

Hey everyone, I'm trying to lose close to 200. I used to be a competitive wrestler in college about 15 years ago. Got hurt and since then have steadily put on weight. I started this out at almost 500lbs. I'm down about 45lbs so far since July. I'd be more than happy to add anyone to my friends list to do challenges with. I am loving having a fitbit and am excited about where I am headed.

Ultimately I'd like to get to my college wrestling weight of 285.

Keep up the great work everybody!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am looking for friends that will help keep me motivated and make me accountable.  I have about 200 lbs to lose and realize that I cannot do it alone.  I am tired of the yoyoing diets that help me take some weight off only to put more back on.  I have had my Fitbit for about a week and though I am trying to hit the 10,000 steps, I am finding it difficult but I am determined to do it!    

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please add me to your Fitbit friend list. I also have at least 100 pounds to lose. It's hard because the support isn't there and I tend to make excuses to myself since it's just me. Bdew917@gmail.com Thanks! Barb Dew -- *Barbara A Dew* *310 S 13th Street* *St Charles IL 60174* *Home: 630-443-0610* *Cell: 630-267-9141* *Work: 630-444-1049*
Best Answer
I would love to lose 120 pounds but with pcos it makes it very difficult and I get frustrated often with my hard work never paying off for long. I am a person that lives pay check to pay check and have a 14 year old daughter, so getting a gym membership would be very difficult to get and keep. I need help
Best Answer

Hi all!

First I just want to say, I am sorry for your loss Laura (original message). But I am definitely glad to see things have been looking up for you. I, myself, have 140 lbs to lose. I have been down this road multiple times, first time losing 95 lbs, and the 2nd time losing 50 lbs. But I am back to square one and really in need of help and support. I got my fitbit back in November 2015 and started losing weight, going down 22 lbs, but I have already put back on 7 so I really need to make sure that I keep going in the right direction. I could use any support and would really love to make friends that have similar goals. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! I have to lose 137 pounds.Depressing and feels somewhat impossible at the moment, but I know I can do it, because I have lost 119 pounds before. My highest weight was 293.2 pounds. I got down to 175 for my wedding in 2013, but after that I put on about 30 pounds. Then I decided to get back on track only to found out I was pregnant. I gained 50 pounds during the pregnancy. Mostly in the last 4 months of the pregnancy due to preeclampsia that had me on bed rest. I ended up having a C-section in November 2015, and I am starting to feel me again. Now it's time for me to get back on track once again and lose the weight. I need motiviation! A buddy or someone to push me and  to keep me on track. I'm hoping the fitbit community can help keep me on the right path.

Best Answer
0 Votes