Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 100 pounds to lose . . .

ANSWERED

Four years ago my boyfriend was killed in a car accident.  At that time I was losing weight and down 100 pounds after a year of dieting.  within three years after he was killed, I had gained all the weight back.  Last June I decided to get back on the weight loss journey and in the last six months have lost 50 pounds.  I received my Fitbit for Christmas and I am really invigorated about getting fit again.  I am still in need of losing another 125 or so.  I am looking for people who like me have a whole lot of weight to lose so that we can encourage  each other on this journey.

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

((Hugs)) to those who have had tragedies in their lives.  It's hard enough to deal with day-to-day stressers for us emotional eaters.

I'd like to join in this discussion as a newbie who has 100+ lbs to lose and needs to be healthier to deal with and enjoy life.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Judy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carbon_dragon wrote:

I do recommend a good nutritionist if you can find one. It can really help.

Thanks dragon! That's not a bad idea. Even though I have a good idea of the things to eat I do 100 times better when I have someone for accountability. Plus I'm sure I would learn more!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cathlabjay wrote:

My condolences I know where you are coming from.  Feb last year I lost my husband of 32 years.  We knew his health was failing but thought we would have more time together.  He was only 59.  Then Oct of the same year I lost my father found out he had cancer and 1 week later he was gone.  

Wow, that is a lot to deal with for you too. Its true, the trauma has been a lot for many of us. But I did recently realize that I can't let that set the tone for the rest of my life. I am psyched to have met a group of people to turn things around with. Go us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been a long time since I have checked in.   I was having some health issues myself and wasn't motivated to do anything other than just lazing around.  I didn't know that a potassium deficiency as well as Cushing's syndrome could really make me a walking zombie.  

I was told I gained a lot of weight because of the corticosteroids I was on but I really didn't think it was anything more than that.  After my aunt died, I decided to try and get healthy but was very upset to find out that I am pre-diabetic.  I have to start monitoring my glucose every day.

Sigh.. I did post this in the 20 pounds to lose by Mother's day but I think this one is more important to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear about your loss!! I am looking to lose 100 pounds myself and have been doing a bang up job.......I've gone from 257 pounds to 217 pounds and going in the right direction......or at least thats what my trainer tells me. 

I am always here for support if you need it!! Remember, you are beautiful and that you can do it!! YOU ROCK!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been reading all of the posts in this 100+ topic. I myself have about 130 pounds to lose. I recently began trying running again. I am looking for someone who has a common situation with the weight to lose and running. I did lose some weight last spring/summer with running (around 40 lbs), but have gained it all back and then some with this super long winter we just had.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I have a lot to lose too. Like, a whole person. And not even a whole lean person, a whole fat person 😛

But, we all start somewhere. This time, I have the support of my area's Bariatric program. No surgery for me, but I have the support and education to fall back on. I can't wait to start.

Like another, I'm in the watch-and-wait period for a potentially life-threatening diagnosis. Weight loss will be incredibly helpful. Assuming all is well in the fall, we will begin to try to concieve a child.

I'm looking for friends who are active on the forums and want to chat with others. I know I do better with support.

Cheers!

Best Answer

Hello All,

When I started with my FitBit in December of 2012 I had hit 300 lbs and needed to lose more than an entire person.   I saw a registered dietician (very different than a nutritionist), tracked my movement with my FitBit and my food with MyFitnessPal.  I lost over 180 lbs and have been holding steady at 118 lbs (5'4) for the last 6 months.   I recently had plastic surgery because of the excess skin after weight loss and I swear I am tighter now in my mid 50's than I was at 16! 

I wish you all success in meeting your goals.  I know how daunting it can be to have such a large amount to lose, but it can be done.  I'm thinking of all of you and I know you can reach any goal you set.

Best Answer

What an amazing achievement!  Well done on losing so much weight, it must have taken so much hard work and determination.  So sorry to read the struggles and losses of earlier posters, hope you have all managed to make some progress since last posting.

I am a 43 year old mum of 4 from Manchester UK, my weight has gradually increased over the last 15 years from 120llbs to 250llbs, going against the grain of the thread this period of my life has been the most content.  I married a lovely man who loves me whatever I weigh and I love baking and cooking for my family - the youngest is 5 and the oldest is 24!  I also became a nana last year and I want to be a fun nana not a nana who can't even sit on the floor with him as I can't get up 😞

I was referred to a weight loss programme by my GP called Choose to Change - I am currently near the end of the therapy stage before I begin the programme in full.  Over the last 8 weeks it has looked at my attitude to food and exercise and tried to challenge the unhelpful habits that I have.  This is what led to me buying my fitbit - I was unsure of what effect it would have on my attitude to exercise but thought it was worth a crack. 

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised at how motivated seeing my steps and calories on the app has made me.  As a stay home mum I probably averaged 3000 steps a day when I first got my fitbit, I have only had it a week but have managed to push that up to 6000 by taking the longer route to school, picking up the pace from a stroll to a brisk walk and by jogging on the spot as and when at home.  I would love to go running but as I have not exercised in over 20 years and the extra weight I would probably only make it to the end of my street before passng out lol.

The problem I am having is that jogging is hurting my knees, I am considering buying a mini trampoline to jog on to take the impact out of the equation and wonder if anyone has any experience of using one - especially if you are heavy like me.  I want to get my fitness level up to a point where I can manage to go for a run in the great outdoors and don't want my dodgy joints to scupper my plans.

I have only lost 4lbs since starting my journey but have only started upping my level of activity since getting the fitbit so hopefully I can lose the 130lbs that I need to eventually.  At 5ft 2" I am like a little barrel and know how much strain the extra weight is impacting on my health.

Good luck everyone on your personal journeys' 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleted Post

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know how you feel. I was almost 400 pounds. I am now in the160s. Overeaters Anonymous was the key to my weight loss.  It is not what you are eating but what is eating you

@lauraz2001 wrote:

Four years ago my boyfriend was killed in a car accident.  At that time I was losing weight and down 100 pounds after a year of dieting.  within three years after he was killed, I had gained all the weight back.  Last June I decided to get back on the weight loss journey and in the last six months have lost 50 pounds.  I received my Fitbit for Christmas and I am really invigorated about getting fit again.  I am still in need of losing another 125 or so.  I am looking for people who like me have a whole lot of weight to lose so that we can encourage  each other on this journey.

Best Answer

Laura, May God keep you strong and on track.  May you find  friends on this site.   I will keep you in my prayers.

Rue B

Best Answer
0 Votes

@higherdreams

So so so so true! It's not what you are eating, it's what is eating you. 

Thank you!

I am currently using "The Cognitive behavioral workbook for weight management" and it is helping me a lot to identify, why and when I eat emotionally instead of eating when my body needs fuel.

I am also seeing a therapist to work on the bigger issues, but the book has definitely helped me to look directly at my eating habits and how to feel better about myself and to slowly change my habits.

I love yoga, pilates, knitting, my fitbit and walking my dog! +++ Started with 100 lbs to lose - 60% there - reclaiming my life and health!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! I'm new to tie fitbit comunity, I've had it since December but I usually forget to grab it and put it on before I leave the house lol Trying to make an effort to always wear it now so I can track my activity. Looking for new friends so please feel free to ad me! I have roughly 80 more pounds to go!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I am new to Fitbit, new to WW and need to lose 100+ lbs.

I am trying to figure this site out but feel free to "friend" me however people do on this site haha!

Kat.

Best Answer

Welcome to FitBit!

I also have 100lbs to lose.  37 y/o male here. 

Feel free to friend me if you wish.

Best Answer

Hi Laura

So sorry for your loss, grief is different for everyone. I am glad you have started your journey again sounds like you are off to a amazing start 50lbs in 6 months. I have 117 lb left to lose (14lbs lost on MFP prior to fit bit). Feel free to add me if you are still looking for friends. Good luck you have got this down. You will reach your goal before you know it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my fitbit for a while now but slacked off more than I'd like to admit.  I saw a friend of mine over the weekend and he said he likes to jog but has no one to jog with.  I told him the next time I see him (probably be in May 2016) I'll jog with him.  What?  Me jog?

I have at least 100 pounds to lose but have already lost 22 pounds.  It's a beginning.

Feel fee to add me as a friend.

Best Answer
I too have a lot of weight to lose. I stepped on the scale and was like how did that happen. I could really use some privation. I have had my Fitbit since February and I have lost motivation.I'm interested in motivating and being motivated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have way more than 100 lbs to lose.  I need to lose at least a person and a half - if not two! But I will do this. I cannot continue on as I am. My weight has stolen my life and by all the Gods I will get it back and enjoy the things I used to again. 

We got this, folks.

Best Answer
0 Votes