Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

@_Lilac_ YOU ARE AWESOME! I'm so proud of you—both for the badge and for walking past that dern temptation! So hard sometimes to overcome those stress responses, but you did it! 

I hope you have a fabulous, fifty-pound-lighter day!

Best Answer

@_Lilac_ - HOLY FIT!  That's an incredible accomplishment.  Congratulations on the new 50lb badge.  WOOT WOOT!

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

@HeartBiller - That's right.  TGIF.  The day CAN'T go on forever, and you'll be enjoying your weekend in no time.  🙂

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

@_Lilac_ 😮😮😮 congrats hun!!!!! That is amazing. It's so awesome getting those badges and feeling like a rock star by achieving goals. Way to work hard and get it!

Best Answer

Weekly Weigh-In:

USW - 161.6 (12/25/16)

CSW - 153.6 (2/14/17)

PW - 154.8 (2/17/17)

PW - 152.2 (2/24/17)

PW - 153.2 (3/3/17)

PW - 153.0 (3/10/17)

PW - 151.0 (3/16/17)

CW - 151.8 (3/24/17)

CW -  (3/31/17)

CW -  (4/7/17)

CW -  (4/14/17)

FW -  (4/18/17)

GW - 146.0 (4/18/17)

UGW #1 - 140     UGW #2 - 135

I was doing so well for most of this week, but then these last two days have been rough. I gave into snacking I shouldn't have, snacking that increased my sodium intake. This whole challenge my weight have been ping-ponging all over the place and I'm tired of it. I need to get my snacking under control and be tougher on myself. On the bright side, I have a new motivation to meet my weight goal (USG #1) besides health and fitness (although those are and will remain the largest motivators). I have talked about wanting to get a massage for AGES. Last year I got in a car crash and ever since then my muscles feel so tight and I feel so tense, so I decided to save up some money and get myself a massage. However,  I was talking to my mom and she said that she's very proud of me for my commitment to getting in better shape and as a reward, once I reach 140, she will buy me a massage! I know it's silly but for me, that is so much easier to look forward to than a feeling I will get.

Best Answer

@_Lilac_   EXCELLENT!!!  so proud of you,  YOu are an inspiration to stay in there.  

looking forward to more posts !

Woman LOL  

Best Answer

@_Lilac_  HOORAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!   YOU DID IT!!!!!

You worked so hard for this and  you earned every ounce of it!!

I can't find a way to give you stars or fireworks, but, you got 'em anyway.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

OK, here's my plan for the weekend and to get myself re motivated (after seeing how well everyone is doing and my slump!)

OK-- Going to challenge myself to getting over my highest steps of 26K - going for 30K! hoping the weather will cooperate so I can hit the trails tomorrow.   (and my little dog too)

hey did you know they have fitbits for dogs?  - BARKBITS

Best Answer

OK, here's my plan for the weekend and to get myself re motivated (after seeing how well everyone is doing and my slump!)

OK-- Going to challenge myself to getting over my highest steps of 26K - going for 30K! hoping the weather will cooperate so I can hit the trails tomorrow.   (and my little dog too)

hey did you know they have fitbits for dogs?  - BARKBITS

have a great weekend all

Best Answer

@_Lilac_   Hooray for you!!! Great Job!!! Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!!! We all knew you could do it. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy  You deserve that Oscar for all the hard work. Enjoy your day and celebrate.  Buy yourself a little something new. 

Make yourself an accomplishment sign and tape it to your bathroom mirror so that when you are on to that next goal you know it is possible to achieve because you achieved this one.  It will give you that little extra umpphhh that you may need.

Congrats again on such a major achievement.  Proud of you! Smiley Happy  

Best Answer

@TravellingSunny  Well to make my day a tad better...lol. The school called at 11:30 and said my boy was running a fever, dizzy, coughing uncontrollably, had a headache and a sore throat... SO YAY... What a weekend we have to look forward to. So I had to take my lunch break to go pick him up and run him to his mother. Anyhow, I am praying that what ever it is it will be like a 24 hour thing so it doesn't last the whole weekend and we don't catch it...lol. Woman Indifferent

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@_Lilac_- a big congrats to you my dear.  You deserve it.  How's your weather doing - I didn't put the car in the garage and had ice on it this morning.  We're heading into April with forecasts around (and over) 10C for the next few weeks - that's 50F for those not using metric.  I have a few crocus finally blooming although I have rabbits - they're eating the greenery.  That doesn't bode well for next year's flowers.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@_Lilac_CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you!

Best Answer

@_Lilac_

A BIG congrats on your 50# badge. The amount of work, effort and dedication you have put into your mission is amazing and  I'm really glad for you getting that badge.  Keep on trekking, your contribution is much appreciated andwe are all pulling for ya.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Thank you everyone for the great celebratory posts. It is so much fun doing this with all of you. 

@A_Lurker We've had flurries off and on today. It's currently -7C/19F. The yards still have all that hardened snow piled everywhere. We need a good rain to thaw things out but we will be in the 0C-+3C range all week with no rain predicted. The crocus aren't even *thinking* about poking their heads out. We did see our first returned geese though, so that's a sure sign things are on the move. No robins yet. 

I took the dogs for a walk earlier and it was sooo cold in the wind. My skin is so dry it's beginning to crack on the back of my hands! Intensive skin care underway. We just need a touch of warm air and everyone here will be psychologically on the mend. haha. 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

@_Lilac_Congratulations!! That must feel great. In my mind that is a huge accomplishment.  I hope that you get yourself a little gift as a reward for all of your hard work.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@HeartBiller  Oh, I feel so bad for you! I'd venture that most of us have had one of those incidents where we had to go change clothes. Although there are A LOT of things about menopause that I hate (the accumulation of weight around the belly for one), I certainly don't miss that kind of thing. Think of what women have to cope with in life...  everything that comes with periods, the cramps, the mess, the acne, the hormonal rollercoaster.  And we have to keep doing our regular life stuff like there's nothing going on. Then when that finally stops, in it's place we get more hormonal rollercoaster, hot flashes (which are no joke), night sweats, which mean poor sleep, too, brain fog...  

No wonder women are so strong!  I hope that your grandson gets better soon.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

My scale is broken. It dropped another 1.5 lb. Ok. What's up? I'm not moving as much, I'm not starving. I'm confused. Did I need the rest in order to lose more? *baffled*

Going walking with Mom this morning and *drum roll* one of my two sisters is going with us!! So, that's me, my mom, her husband and my sister taking over the mall. Now we just need to get the other sister involved and we can rule the world! Taking my water bottle with me. I ran out of lime concentrate to squeeze into it, so I need to remember to get that while there. I really need the walk this morning. I have energy I didn't have yesterday. 

*raises glass (of water)* Here's to broken scales in everyone's home!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Well it is a new morning... I am sure hoping for a better day.. lol. My grandson is feeling some better. He ran a fever yesterday and I thinking a head cold. So I kept him drugged up last night. This morning so far he seems to be a tad improved. I have a ton I need to get done today so I am hoping we both do better today. So here I see to another day and hoping my scale acts like @_Lilac_ 's scale USB acting... lol. Major congrats! 

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@_Lilac_- weight loss is never 100% linear.  When I was logging consistently and doing daily weigh ins I could never find a direct connection between what I ate and burned and how much weight I lost day to day.  Overall, the numbers added up, but there wasn't a direct link.  However, like you, on the days I rested and ate a little more it often prompted some weight loss.  Almost like my body had decided I wasn't trying to kill it and/or starving so it would finally let go some of the weight.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer