Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

@IdahoSandy  I like your plan for tracking and exercise 5 days weekly.  I never quite make 7, so maybe aiming for 5 makes more sense.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

@terryrunning

Terry,

Wow you are seriously increasing your awareness and taking action. It is exciting to read that you are involving your family. 

It helps to know that thoughts lie so when you notice the self judgments you don't need to believe them.  

A good place to start is to eliminate the empty calories in snacks and at meals. Even dropping 500 calories a day will allow you to lose 1/2 lb a week. Adding more veggies helps in many ways including filling full without adding many calories.

Hang in here,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc

Thank you so much for such a positive response to my dance video. I really had a good time doing it. I agree about skimpy costumes and I don't like raunchy either.

I worked on the new Waltz last night with my young coach and it went well. 

How are you doing?

Hugs,

Barbara G 

Best Answer

@HeartBiller

Thanks so much for watching and liking my dance performance. I loved doing it.

Working on a new piece already. 

Keep on keeping on,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@HeartBiller

Not that was an evening that was very challenging that you shared. 

Congrats on losing a whole lb. this week. 

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@Florriel

Love those muscles. Nothing funny about pitching at 52.  Use those strong muscles to strike them out. 

Have fun,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrot lol it is gonna be fun 😀

Best Answer

This morning I woke up at 158.2 ibs, .4 lbs less than yesterday. So there is some progress. I came in at about 1300 calories consumed yesterday, a little low for me but that was with eating regularly and not feeling overly hungry throughout the day. I also technically ate vegan (which I am not vegan but I like to try different things) my lunch though was not vegan but very yummy, it was a healthy choice pineapple chicken. Which was perfect for a day working in the office.

I also ramped out my workouts since the fiancé was out visiting family. Did 30 mins in the morning of pop sugar fitness videos and the Toning portion of Zumba Ripped in the evening (I also tried my bike out which was kind of a fail, I need to play with the settings to make it ride correctly). I definitely feel it today though! My shoulders are super stiff.

Also has anyone been looking at their sleep since the new update. It seems to now pick up my multiple wake ups through the night and I can honestly understand why I didn't sleep good last night, I barely had any actual deep sleep recorded. Oh well! Can't let it stop me. After my work out this morning I hope to feel more energized!

Good luck with everyone's goals today. I think mine is 45 mins of work out and if the weather is nice after work, figure out my bike.

Best Answer

March 30 update:

USW- 184 (highest, January 2017)

CSW- 180.9 on 2/15/17 (BMI=26)

GW- 170 (BMI =24.4)

UGW- 160 would be nice (BMI=23)

PW- 183.0 2/27/17 (Mardi Gras weekend in NOLA) BMI=26.3

PW- 181.2 3/2/17 (BMI=26)

PW- 177.8 3/9/17, also BBG - 38 inches* (BMI=25.4)

PW-175.8 3/16/2017, BBG still 38 inches

PW-175.8 (???) 3/23/2017, BBG 37.5" (!!!).

CW-175.0 3/30/2017, BBG 37.0 (!)

So my, in hindsight, wildly unrealistic goal of 174 for this week was not to be.

This past week will from hereon be known as "Sloth Week". Two (2) conferences in the past 7 days certainly did not help things. I don't know about the conferences you all attend, but mine did not involve cross-fit, running, healthy eating, or even much walking.

Well, I did get to spend two (2) hours walking around a wastewater treatment plant, and right before lunch! So that was a win regarding bad eating habits. "Macaroni and cheese? No thanks, I'll just have a glass of water for lunch. I'm good."

But, though I'm still stuck in the 175# zone, my wife said I looked thinner around the waist, and my pants do require a belt now, so I'm very happy about that.

Best Answer

I haven't felt this droopy for this long since Christmas! I have a bad case of the blahs, I'm sure it's related to an upcoming monthly visitor, but I'm having a hard time getting up and moving. A rainy day kept us inside at recess, so I even missed my usual easy 3500 steps today. 😞 Hopefully, I'll get on the treadmill tonight and make up some steps. 

Best Answer

Well I have almost made it through this work day... 47 minutes to go, but who is counting...lol. Anyhow, I was much happier this morning. The scale and I are becoming friends again. I am so happy my precious "Aunt Flo" is gone for this month. Yay, some feel like me time..lol. I can't lie, I was super excited when I got on the scale this morning, BUT I know I have to be good over the weekend to make that continue to look good. SO, IF I can make myself behave over this weekend, then there may be hope that I just maybe can make my goal. I do fairly well all week, BUT them dang on weekends are killing me. I guess food for me is like I taught my kids about drugs...lol. You have to learn to JUST SAY NO!!  I am hoping being this excited about seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel is enough to help me JUST SAY NO! I set my mental goals for 5 pounds down at a time. I don't know if that is crazy or not, but it helps me mentally I think....lol  The challenge goals are always different, but this one is just a hair more important to me..lol. I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!

@GettingfitinSCI know exactly where you are coming from. I have been Blah for a while now. I have to get my groove back. Our 'Visitor" is not any help to our new lifestyle journey. BUT, we will preserve and move forward. You have been killing the steps. You are doing a wonderful job. I have been such a slacker. I have to pick up my pace and get back at it. You just take your deep breath and know you got this!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

Today:

I walked the mall with Mom but my knee hurt soooo badly we stopped after two laps. We did a bit of in-and-out shopping at 4 stores so I got more steps. I was dropped off at the computer shop to take the 2nd pc in to be repaired (the power supply blew up), and then...met my sister at our doctor's office. My doc saw me waiting and I told her the next time I come in to see her I'm going to get on her darned scale (its limit is 300lb and she refuses to get a higher capacity one) and I'm going to BEAT IT. She's happy with my 50lb loss and her receptionist asked, "Do you want to make the appointment now??" And I waved her off and said I'd call. My weight is bouncing between 303 and 308 this week. I'm struggling with sodium and my knee. I want to get to my April 18 goal (295) before I go in, because doctor scales always weigh heavy anyway. Not sure it's realistic at this point. 

My sister and I walked back to my house and I hit 10,000 steps easily. I can't walk the dogs. I'm limping. Maybe I should go float in the pool but I have to walk to get there. lol. 

I had a very nice supper and need to rest. I hope there's a hockey game on or something tonight. I need a blankie, a hot tea, my crochet squares to sew together and peace. 

I'm encouraged by the approaching spring. We had icicles melt off the roof edge today. I did take the boys to play fetch in the backyard instead of the walks. They had fun and got out energy. I checked on the bird feeder but they aren't eating what's in there. I think it's the wrong kind of seeds. We do have some birds that stay all winter but we are still waiting for the spring returners. At least I can get to the bird feeder now..trudging through the backyard snow. I think I'll talk my mom into walking the river trail soon. I really really need to get out into nature. And I have a new phone that takes great photos. I'll have her take one of me and do a side by side to show what I've lost from 380lb to 305lb. Ok, off to rest. Just sitting at the desk is painful. Have a great night all. I'll try to be more cheery next time!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Good Morning All!

Well its a new day and as of this morning I am still friends with the scale. I am so hoping this will be enough motivation for me to not over do it over the weekend. I only have 3 weigh in's left in this challenge and I am so going to make it.(with the good Lords help)! I have to keep telling myself this! I know I keep saying how this goal is a tad more important goal for me, but for some reason I just did not get serious with it. I let it slip away for the past month or maybe longer. Anyhow, this is kind of a 3 part victory if I make it. 1- I will get my 50 pound badge, 2- I will make the goal I set for myself, 3- I go to my Dr for my follow up on the 11th I believe, and I am so excited to be able to say I have lost 50 pounds. So I am so hoping to lose that much by the 11th..lol. Then the other 2 by the 18th. However then you get that thought in your head that the Dr scale is gonna weigh you more, plus it is later in the day than what I normally weigh...lol, oh well each pound down will be awesome for me.

I have to figure out how to get my get up and go back. I haven't been getting my steps in for a while now. I have to recover quickly and get back in the game.

Tonight my grandson has a Coronation at school, so this should be interesting. I am not real sure on what all happens at one of these, but should be interesting all the same. I think it will be cute to see all the little kids dressed up and then hear the things they have said they want to be when they grown up. However I won't lie, I will be excited when it is over. I have spent days getting everything together for it. lol.

Well I guess I better get my rear in gear and get some of my desk cleaned off. I hope you al have a wonderfully blessed day!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

Twelve hours since someone last posted. That must be a record. I'll break the silence but I don't have much to report. Normal day. Quite uneventful. Mom and I went with my cousin (she's been diagnosed the last couple of years with MS and she doesn't get out much so this is a treat for her) to a bagel shop for breakfast. I spent the day resting this darned leg. I did take the boys around the block but it was fairly quick. I ate veggies, drank a ton of tea, watched a ball game, and basically did nothing. Oh, some dishes and cooking. 

My plans for tomorrow will include copying my recipes from my ripped, stained, hardly readable pages to a new notebook. I'll also go through stuff and throw out items I don't need and re-organize the cabinet I keep my spices in. Hopefully my sister will come for an armchair and a glider I offered her. I need them out of the house. 

So, ya. Not much happening here. I'm stuck doing minimal activity so I'm really hoping it doesn't throw me into a sedentary rut, though I still get the urge to get up and move. I need to heal so I can get going!

Have a good night all. 

Best Answer

@GettingfitinSC  That 2 pound thing happened to me this week, too! At first I thought it was from having too much sodium the night before, but the next day it was still up there. It has went down a little bit not enough to get me back where I was at the beginning of the week. I've been exercising more so it must be what I'm eating.  Good luck with yours!

-----------------------------------------------------------

@GettingfitinSC wrote:

😞 Ok, so @Ava_ I have to say, you had the words to say what I need to say this morning, "This is all going horribly wrong!" My weight was 218.4 this morning, 2 lbs more than yesterday. My scale is backwards! I'm really hoping it's bloating and will drop back down just as quickly. Just in case, I'm eating bare minimum today and drinking piles of water. Going to try to get extra steps, but energy level is very low. 

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@HeartBiller

Hi Rhonda

But of course you can make healthy choices this weekend.  With 3 goals including a 50 lb trophy why in the world not? We are rooting for you. 

Best,

Barb

Best Answer

@DJC_63

Hi Donna,

Are you the Donna that followed the link to my dance performance on FB? If so thanks a bunch.

It often is the darned food and sometimes I have to skip a meal and only eat 500-600 cal. for a day to kick start the scale going down.  If I do that 2x a week I definitely loose weight and then eat about 1200-1300 calories the other days. All good healthy food lots of veggies.

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

Weekly Weigh-In:

USW - 161.6 (12/25/16)

CSW - 153.6 (2/14/17)

PW - 154.8 (2/17/17)

PW - 152.2 (2/24/17)

PW - 153.2 (3/3/17)

PW - 153.0 (3/10/17)

PW - 151.0 (3/16/17)

PW - 151.8 (3/24/17)

CW - 149.6 (3/31/17)

CW -  (4/7/17)

CW -  (4/14/17)

FW -  (4/18/17)

GW - 146.0 (4/18/17)

UGW #1 - 140     UGW #2 - 135

Well yesterday was a very busy day for me, so busy I forgot to post! This past week Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were all exactly 150.0, then Thursday went up to 150.2, then FINALLY on Friday I dropped down to 149.6! I am below the 150's!!! I doubt I will make my challenge goal; however, I've gone much farther than I started to think I would.

Okay, I need some help if anyone has a moment. I just bought a new swimsuit online to reward/motivate myself for this summer because I no longer fit well in my old one (YAY!). I bought the top as the bra size I wear but found the band to be a bit tight (and non-adjustable). It sort of accentuates my back flab. I know that you can't choose where you lose the weight, but does anyone have ideas of how I might be able to remedy this? If I do more back exercises to build muscle that area? Or should I just try buying a larger band size?

Best Answer

Made the mistake of having about .5 cup pasta at lunch and got severe hunger pangs well within an hour. Sigh. Had to have a snack to stop it or I'd have eaten the entire fridge. I cannot eat the stuff. It was the first time in about 3-4 months. Lesson re-learned. Dogs walked. Check. Hike to the pharmacy to pick up meds. Check. Avoided junk food at said pharmacy. Check. Gave the dogs the last of my snack because it fixed my problem without finishing it. Check. 

Tried doing a few stretching exercises with my leg because it felt like the muscles in my hams and shin were tightening up...were actually quivering. Stupid leg. I suppose I should learn some basic yoga moves or something. 

Ok, off to do some tasks around here. Have a great weekend all!

Best Answer

@em.kz

I would do both get a larger band or a different style bathing suit. I think building muscles is always a good idea since we can burn more blood glucose with more muscle.

We have the same UGW at 135 lbs.  As we get nearer to UGW the body tends to hold on to the last 10 lbs. so we need reasonable goals.

Take care,

Barbara G

Best Answer