Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Wow late to join but this is a great idea! I already do a weekly weigh in myself, but this is a perfect way to stay accountable. 

Since January I've already lost a little bit more than 9lbs! 

Yesterday I came in at 152.8 lbs.
and last Monday I was 153.8 lbs.

Best Answer

Just found this myself and it's a perfect way to keep track.  Since today is March 1 I think it's a great time to start. I've been doing the weigh-in on my own since January but today I will start new.

2017 Goal Weight = 120.

3/1/2017 Current Weight = 155

Short Term Goal = 150

Best Answer

I added more protein into my diet to keep the muscle weight up so the fat weight drops. Thus far I am down about 2% fat in a week so that's good. I also hit sub 200 for the first time in about 6-7 years.

Starting Weight: ~241+ lbs
Current Weight: 198.7 lbs
Last Week's Weight: 200.3 lbs
Weight Lost this Week: -1.6 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 42.3 lbs

Weight left to lose: ~38.7
Mini-Goal: Sub 190 lbs (Finally under 200! w00t!!)
Goal Weight: 160 (fluid end goal, depends on fat percentage and muscle levels)

Best Answer

SW back in the second week of January: 220.7 lbs.

PW: 200.2

CW: 200

Mini-goal: Under 200

UGW: 130-145

Late posting this week since I was out of town for Mardi Gras. I am actually ecstatic with the numbers this week because I wasn't really eating to lose while in South Louisiana, but I also didn't just go crazy and eat whatever. My biggest concern was the sodium.

Best Answer

First weigh-in for March!

Start:           253 lbs

Last Week: 163.0 lbs

This Week: 161.0 lbs

Change:      - 2 lbs

Total Loss:  - 92 lbs

Goal :          125

Lost 2 pounds, which is great. Some of it is water from last month. Increasing my water intake seems to be working. 

Because I am visiting family for the next three weeks, I won't have access to my scale. So, the next time I weigh myself will be on March 29. This is giving me some anxiety as I haven't skipped a weigh-in since I started last May. Tracking calories will also be challenging. There will be a lot of going out to eat involved during this trip. Not to mention mom's cooking.

Having said that, my goal during this month will be to maintain my current weight. After all, I never planned to live my life measuring every morsel of food. Sooner or later, I will have to transition to more intuitive eating. This will be good practice. A little earlier in my journey than I would have liked, but it is what it is!

I'll see you all on March 29! Keep up the good work! I will continue to follow this thread and read all your updates!

Best Answer

@AuroraKat- a tip for traveling (which I don't always follow), do a semi-low carb thing at one or two meals.  Breakfast will be eggs and whatever meat is going if you're at a hotel and they have the help yourself meal.  Take meat and veggies at dinner, skip the potatoes and rice.  Lunch, just eat whatever is going, just watch the portion size.  It's not perfect, but it's a quick way of dropping some calories.  As for dessert, well, small pieces only (this is your reward for not eating the starches with your dinner) although a piece of fruit is better.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Start:      231.5

2/8/17:  222.75

2/15/17:  220.25 (-2.50)

2/22/17:  218.75 (-1.50)

3/1/17:  218.25 (-(0.50)

Total:  -13.25

Mini-goal:  210 (4/29/17)

Not a great week this week.  I could be dealing with some hormonal issues, and I know that I'm probably holding water due to not hydrating enough before our class last night.  Over two hours in full gear and sparring didn't help either.  I need to probably be a little more careful about liquid calories (I have a huge craving for something really sweet after class) and being more active on non-prep cycle days.  I need to find a low impact way to do it though-my legs are really fatigued at this point.

Best Answer

Start: 160 lbs.

Mini-Goal: 138 lbs. (Healthy BMI) ***ONLY NINE MORE POUNDS TO LOSE!***

Ultimate Goal: 129 lbs. (Middle of BMI range)

01/08/2017: 160 (-0)

01/15/2017: 157 (-3)

01/22/2017: 156 (-1)

01/29/2017: 154 (-2)

02/05/2017: 152 (-2)

02/12/2017: 150 (-2)

02/19/2017: 150 (-0)

02/26/2017: 147 (-3)

Total:  7 weeks / -13 lbs.

I'm having a tough time seeing the changes on my scale.  Those little demarcation lines are just too close together for me to know where I'm at for sure with these old eyes.  So, I ordered a digital scale with a large display which should help me see the smaller changes.  I expect to receive it in the mail tomorrow, so my weigh-in on Monday should be much more precise. 🙂

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

@A_Lurker Thanks for the tips! That's pretty much how I eat at home. I gravitate towards mostly veggies and sometimes fruit for my carb intake. Makes it very easy for me to get plenty of fiber and keeps me full. Portion control is going to be key for sure!

Best Answer

@AuroraKat- I don't really do the low carb thing, but when guessing about things like veggies and meats you're far less likely to be surprised by the calories.  I got some jalapeno cheddar bagels at Costco this week (love them) and they're 340 calories each.  However, for a Sunday brunch with some scrambled eggs they're just fine. I'm back to calorie counting this week and I'm running about 60% carbs so far today and way too low on calories.  Based on this I'll make chicken and veggies for dinner tonight.

The other thing is to know what a half cup really looks like.  Fancy restaurant - this is the usual serving.  Cheaper restaurant easily double this.  It's typical to fill up a plate with a huge serving of the cheaper items.  This is what I find worst about eating out.  Saturday or Sunday I do lunch with my mother.  She looks forward to it but sometimes finding something to order isn't that easy.  I was looking at chicken parm the other day and decided there was just no way it wasn't going to come beside a huge plate of pasta.  I'm also not sure that my willpower is good enough that if it's on the plate that I won't eat it.  However, most restaurants will make substitutions for you, and if you're eating with family they should be fairly supportive.  Best of luck!

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Pw: 203.8 lbs (December 2016)

CW: 200

Lot of fluctuations in the last 3 months. I have reduced to 192 at one point again putting on.

I think i suffer from food addiction where no diet or motivational videos can stop me from eating. I cant keep up controlled eating for more than few days. So as of now trying to concentrate on going for walks or some work out everyday.. Any one sufferes from obsessive binge eating under stress?? Please share if something worked out for you.

When ever i feel like eating i try to go out of my place and go for a stroll but once iam back to my desk, the thought of eating comes back and i stay restless untill i eat something...This weight loss seems to be big puzzle which i hope get a solution soon.

Best Answer

@moveupscaledown- what does your current diet look like?  Sometimes trying to make a huge change in what you're eating can set yourself up for failure.  We all like to think we can go from horrible eating to perfect eating overnight, but it's not always realistic.  Try tracking everything you're eating for the next couple of weeks, every bite.  Then look and see if there are areas you can cut back on slowly to make changes.

Best Answer

@moveupscaledown - what does food mean to you? Why do you think you keep overeating? 

Six years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Medicine to help alleviate the issue caused bad side effects, so I didn't take it. I gained a lot of weight. I also injured my knee, which added to the weight gain. But, the vast majority of my gain came as a result of using food to cope with the aforementioned issues. It turned into a vicious cycle: gained due to health ---> got depressed ---> used food for comfort ---> gained more ---> kept comforting myself with food ---> gained more ---> and on and on it continued until I reached my all time high of 253 lbs. 

Seeing myself get above 250 lbs was a huge wake-up call. I had to do something. Because I still had untreated hypothyroidism and a now deeply ingrained habit of using food for comfort, I started out with the goal of maintaining my weight. For the next year, I still ate way more than I should, but I slowly started working on weaning myself off of "food as comfort" mentality. I picked up new hobbies, went to therapy and generally started practicing self-care.

For that year, I maintained my weight within 1 lb. It was a huge accomplishment, even though I didn't lose anything. I stopped gaining and started on fixing my unhealthy habits. Taking a step towards losing weight once my health got better was much easier because of this. 

My best advice to you is to start out small. Set a goal of maintenance. Forget about losing for now. As @A_Lurker suggested, start tracking your food. Use a food scale. Track everything you eat either in Fitbit or My Fitness Pal (or whichever app you prefer). Try your best to stay within maintenance calories. If you eat above your maintenance, still log everything. Don't beat yourself up for overeating, but do note why you overate - were you bored? sad? This will help you see a pattern of behaviors that lead to overeating. Once you know what you are dealing with, you can start addressing the underlying issues that cause you to turn to food when you are not hungry. 

Good luck and keep checking back with us!

Best Answer
@A_Lurker i followed keto diet for a while and thats when i reduced 10 lbs
but i got a break during a wedding party and then never back on it.
Now Iam eating just anything that lays around at home.
I tried to login to MFP for sometime and then that too was done. Somehow my
motivation is always very shortlived. I start off with great enthusiasm but
after while i just cant keep up.

@AuroraKat : for me food always a way out of stress. ANything stressfull i
go on to food for comfort. . And during that phase i just stuff food
inspite of feeling full.. I try to control but after a while i go back... I
was never like this before.. it all started 5 years back when there is was
a going through a stressfull phase and now kind of unable to get out. I
have anxiety problem due to which i was on medication for a while but
otherwise no health issues
I feel amazed with all the weightloss progress that people make here, as
controlling temptations is huge hurdle especially when i am stressed. Some
times i feel food is the only thing i like doing and i cant give up 🙂 But
when i step on the scale it hits hard.
So now a days started going for walk atleast 3 times a week.

As you both mentioned will try to first make sure i dont put on in the next
few days and then work on the loss.
Thanks a lot for all the inputs and support. you all are amazing.
Best Answer

CW - 253 -3     8 WEEK AVERAGE -2 LBS (-16)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 256 -1

PW - 257 -2

PW - 259 -1

PW - 260 -8    

PW - 268 +6

PW - 262 -2

PW - 264 -5

PW - 269 -1

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Time to report:

Starting Weight, Jan. 6, 2017: 202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • -2.4 lbs since last week
  • -12.5 lbs since start. 

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 257.0 (2/19/17)

CW - 257.8 (+0.8 lbs)

Progress:  1.83 lbs/week for 56 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

So, I did ramp up the exercise this week, got lots of things accomplished, although I ate enough to make up for it.  I'm still down so there's that.  I've gone back to logging for a little while just to keep myself in check (on both the high and low side).  I'm working on a 750 cal deficit but I think I'll stop at 2500 calories unless I ramp up the exercise to hit 4000 cals a day (in which case I'll do 2750).  I'm trying to get to a point where the weekly loss is around 1 lb, with no jumps up like last week.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 257.8 (2/26/17)

CW - 256.6 (-1.2 lbs)

Progress:  1.81 lbs/week for 57 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Best Answer

Hi Everyone!

Here's this week's update:

USW: 224.5 lbs (7/6/16)

CSW: 177.0 (12/23/16)

CW: 176.5 (12/30/16) -0.5 lbs

CW: 173.5 (01/06/17) -3.0

CW: 171.0 (01/13/17) -2.5

CW: 169.5 (01/20/17) -1.5

CW: 169.0 (01/27/17) -0.5

CW: 168.0 (02/03/17) -1.0

CW: 168.0 (02/10/17) -0.0 Smiley Sad

CW: 165.5 (02/17/17) -2.5 Smiley Happy

CW: 163.0 (02/24/17) -2.5 Smiley Happy

CW:  159.0 (03/03/17) -4.0 Smiley Happy

UGW: 155

It's been a good week.  I was able to keep up with the morning workouts and stick with the meals that I prepped on Sunday so I really think that helped a lot.  I've been really busy at work and working long hours so I make sure I take lunch and dinner with so I don't end up coming home so hungry that I pig out!

My clothes were looking so baggy it was getting depressing so I stopped on Friday after work and bought a couple new pairs of pants (size 12) and then hit up the clearance rack and found a couple of sweaters (size M) for $5.  That really lifted my mood since when I started this journey back in July I was wearing XL's and size 18.  Smiley Happy

Have a good week everyone!

Best Answer

@moveupscaledown

I have had issues in the past with emotional eating. Negative inner thoughts played a big part and I spent a lot of effort on challenging my negativity towards myself. I read a great book called Don't Eat your Feelings which was from Weight Watchers. 

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Start weight: 128 kg

Last week: 120 kg

Current weight: 119.2kg

Loss: 0.2 kg

Total loss: 8.8 kg

Mini Goal: 115 kg

Almost back to having lost 10kg and my mini goal of 115 kg is in sight.

Best Answer