Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Start: 160 lbs.

Mini-Goal: 138 lbs. (Healthy BMI) ***ONLY SEVEN MORE POUNDS TO LOSE!***

Ultimate Goal: 129 lbs. (Middle of BMI range) ***ONLY SIXTEEN MORE POUNDS TO LOSE!***

01/08/2017: 160 (-0)

01/15/2017: 157 (-3)

01/22/2017: 156 (-1)

01/29/2017: 154 (-2)

02/05/2017: 152 (-2)

02/12/2017: 150 (-2)

02/19/2017: 150 (-0)

02/26/2017: 147 (-3)

03/05/2017: 145.4 (-1.6)

Total:  8 weeks / -14.6 lbs.

Got my new digital scale on Friday, so I can accurately read my weight.  Although I lost weight for the week, I have to admit to being a total slug all weekend.  I have no explanation for why I've been diligent for 8 solid weeks with both diet and exercise, and then this weekend I just had zero ambition.  I got a grand total of 12k steps over the past two days.  😞  Although, I guess I should celebrate the fact that I did NOT overeat.  Even though I was on the couch all weekend long, I ate about 50 calories less each day than what I burned.  So, maintenance mode achieved without trying.  I'm giving myself a gold star for that and hopping back on the health wagon again today.

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

Avg This Week: 173.1

Avg Last Week: 174.1

Pretty solid week. Sticking to a plan of around 1,500 - 2,000 calories depending on my activity level. I do throw in a cheat meal once in a while. Also doing a mixture of cardio, crossfit, and weight lifting.

Best Answer

SW back in the second week of January: 220.7 lbs.

PW: 200

CW: 199.7

Mini-goal of under 200 reached!

New mini-goal is 190, which will take me out of the obese BMI and put me into overweight

UGW: 130-145

My weight loss has significantly slowed on the scale since adding resistance training. However, in just a week I dropped 3/4 inches in my waist and another full inch in my hips. I've had to buy new pants because all of my old ones were literally falling off, and the new ones I bought last week are already loose. With results like that, I'm not letting myself get too hung up on pounds and numbers. I also know from previous experience that after a few weeks of resistance training, my weight will probably do a significant whoosh. I hold onto a lot of water and glycogen when I strength train.

Best Answer

WEEKLY WEIGH IN for me the old short guy with a beard (Phil Chenevert)

WEEK EIGHT OF MY WEEKLY WEIGH-IN FOR ACCOUNTABILITY.

highest weight 212 lbs.

goal weight 144 (I am a short old guy, 5'4" 76 years old now)

WEEK 1 JAN 16, 2017 BEGINNING WEIGHT 161.6 pounds

WEEK 2 JAN 23, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 162.2 pounds + 0.6 pounds whoops!

WEEK 3 JAN 30, 2017 CURRENT WEIGH 160.4 -down 1.8 pounds !!!! yaaaa. feelin' good

WEEK 4 FEB 6, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 160.0 - another tiny loss and in the right direction

WEEK 5 FEB 13, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - a big loss for me. great!!!!

WEEK 6 FEB 20, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 158.2 - actually a surprise but a nice one.  

WEEK 7 FEB 27, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - well, I'm hangin' in there!  (daily 16 hour fast start)

WEEK 8 MAR 6, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 157.0 - OK now, this is more like it  - 1.4 pounds

I read about Intermittent Fasting in The Secret Life of Fat and it sounded like such a healthy way to live that I have been doing it since Feb 27; this is simply eating my meals inside an eight hour window and not eating outside of it to give my body a chance to deal with the food.  Any time frame will do and the one I've been using is from noon to eight pm when I eat.  No reduction in calories from usual, just not eating during the rest of the day.  Has been working well and I am feeling fine, not hungry at all except around midnight when I usually snack a lot. I do drink a lot more water though; I think my body likes it.  Google it for yourself.   Also, my weight training has slowed because of my shoulder pain.  I've reduced the weights and am asking my doctor for a referral to an orthopaedist or PT to advise on exercise there.  Good thought to everyone and get enough sleep!  

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 161 03/06/2017

Last week 159.2 02/27/2017

Maintenance mode

Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

So anyone who has been following me will know this was not an easy pill to swallow.  I have been sitting here trying to decide if I should log it now or go workout and see if I can weigh in lower.  I know I was busier last week and weighed in a couple hours later and could likely weigh a little less then but I am just going to accept this.
There are three possibilities for the higher weight.

1) Muscle increase - I lost nearly all of my weight without adding exercise.  I get an enormous step count in at work and that was essentially enough to allow me to use diet to loose the weight.  I have been enjoying my new body and have fallen in love with yoga.  I practiced 5 times in the last week, three of those times being around an hour.  I do ashtanga/vinyasa yoga for the most part with a ton of core work vinyassas, head stands and balance poses.  I am noticing increased tone in my arms, legs and stomach so I am quite possibly actually building muscle.  

2) Water weight.  I volunteered at a major telethon this weekend and did my level best to eat well but the choices were often hotdogs, smokies, lunch meats and fruits and vegetables.  I ate mostly fruits and vegetables but I did eat a couple smokies and some jerky for protein knowing they are high in sodium (ate with not bun and lots of veg).  I drank nothing but water and black coffee, didn't touch a muffin, cookie, bun, cake, etc.  All in all, I did well but more sodium than usual this weekend.
3) Actual fat gain - I think this is actually very unlikely.  I ate clean last week after having weighed in higher than the week before.  I know my body now and I had very little for sweets or carbs, I simply can't see what would have put fat on.  I have also been carefully checking my body fat with both tape and caliper skinfold methods.  I seem to be even lower than before.  When I read carefully, I am showing around 5% with the skinfold method and 6-6.5% with the tape measure method.  Either way, this is the same or lower than I have been.  I also have not seen any increase at the abdomen (still 29" at the naval at 5'9 1/2" tall with a 15" neck).

So, I need to convince myself I either have some extra water weight or am building muscle.  I hope it's the latter.  If my numbers stay here or increase a bit I will keep eating very clean to make sure it isn't fat gain and I will watch my measurements like a hawk.  I have been in a habit of weighing in later and later in the morning to get the lowest number and waiting to eat and drink until I have posted.  I want to get back to a more sensible, honest routine.  I am going to try to settle in on my higher numbers for a while.

Best Answer

@tamado I would attribute it to both muscle gain and water weight due to the higher amount of sodium. I am on a diet where I have very little sodium and if I eat something that's higher in sodium, my weight is up a lb or 2. 

Best Answer

@tamado - As the Beatles said, you're not half the man you used to be!  🙂  In all seriousness, congratulations on your journey!  I totally understand that seeing an increase in the number can be scary - trust that you're not gonna blow a year and a half's worth of effort in one week no matter what you did or didn't do.  But, it sure sounds like you're building muscle to me. 

For what it's worth - I weigh myself first thing in the morning to get the lowest possible weight too.  And, I don't feel guilty about that or feel like I'm cheating.  As long as you do it at the same time everyday, it counts.  🙂

Best Answer

@philchenevert You're really doing well, Mr. Phil!  Sounds like an interesting plan to limit the hours that you allow yourself to eat in.  I'm not quite ready for that level of commitment, but I wonder if it would help later when my weight loss slows down?  I'll keep this tip in my back pocket.  Thank you for sharing!

Best Answer

@FrogMystic - WHOA!  Under 200 is a major milestone!  WOOP WOOP!  Congratulations!!!

Best Answer

Oh my gosh, @A_Lurker, I just realized that you've lost 150 pounds so far.  Way to go!  You've lost the equivalent of a fully grown adult.  Well, at least, an adult my size - I'm kinda short.  LOL!  Very impressive and inspiring!  With progress like that, I'm almost embarrassed to post about how much it sucks for me trying to lose a whole 30 pounds.  Thank you for being such an active member on this board and for being so helpful to all of us!

Best Answer

Start:      231.5

3/1/17:  218.25 (-0.50)

3/6/17:  216.50 (-1.75)

Total:  -15.00

Mini-goal:  210 (4/29/17)

Weighed a little early this week-I had moved away from Mondays before just due to my weekends being a little light on activity, etc.  Well, that's changed with our new schedule, and I was antsy to see if things had righted themselves after a low change last week.  Happily, I was rewarded.  I also wanted to give myself a bit of a push to be more active on non-prep cycle days.  I brought my running gear for a short run this afternoon at work too.  We run a 5K every Sunday, and now the entire group is signed up for a real race at the beginning of April, so I'd like to bring down my time a bit.  I dropped 20 seconds from my 2.5K time yesterday, but I'd like to shave at least another minute or so by the time we run the April race.  I still won't be anything close to fast, but I might be able to keep up with the runners instead of barely staying ahead of the walkers.  One other plus?  I got into a pair of pants that I haven't work in at least three years!

Best Answer

@TravellingSunny @whitesox, thanks so much for your encouragement.  Coupled with similar words from my wife and sister I start to soothe myself into believing.  I am trying to remember the long view.

Thanks again.

Best Answer

@TravellingSunny- yep, and still have at least 100 pounds to go.  I find myself more helpful with people who have a lot to lose.  I suppose as I continue to lose weight I can contribute more to those with less to lose.  I'm glad to see that others have encouraged you to eat a little more.  When you aren't burning a huge amount of calories a 1000 calorie deficit can be tough to maintain.  I also know that I have a high enough calorie burn that my problem most days is getting enough to eat without relying on junk food.  Yesterday for me was a higher calorie day and ended up with over 4000 calories burned (I stop eating at 2500-2750, at the moment working on a -750 deficit).  Oddly enough for me that 1000 calorie deficit can be just as problematic.  I don't want to slow my metabolism too much as I lose weight.

@tamado- here's my thoughts.  You've lost a lot of weight, and I completely understand the not wanting to gain it all back.  However, here's the thing.  You set yourself a range, and you are within it.  I wouldn't take a single week as a concern.  My guess is that it's a reaction to your weekend, but unless you see an issue next week, don't sweat it.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Start Weight on March 6, 2017: 155 

Goal Weight: 140

Looking to find motivation and friends for weekly Monday weigh-ins. My pattern is that I lose weight fairly easily the first 2 weeks, and then slow down considerably after that. Somewhere around the 5-6 week I start cheating, and by the 7th week I stop logging and exercising. I gain all that I lost and then repeat the cycle. I think your weekly weigh-in will help! Thanks.

Best Answer

Hope you all had a great week, my week was okay .Have a good week 

Sw      74kg 

25/2        73.3kg

4/3          72.6kg

Gw           57kg

Best Answer

@Makalei - As they used to say on G.I. Joe, knowing is half the battle.  Good on you for recognizing your vicious cycle and making an attempt to break out of it!  This is a great community for getting encouragement and support.  Keep us posted!

Best Answer

1 day early but I hit 45lbs down today so I figured why not. Today also marks 1 year of hitting my daily step goal (10k+) every day so it's big that way too.

Starting Weight: ~241+ lbs
Current Weight: 196 lbs
Last Week's Weight: 198.7 lbs
Weight Lost this Week: -2.7 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 45 lbs

Weight left to lose: 36 lbs
Mini-Goal: <190 lbs
Goal Weight: ~160

Best Answer

@Clarker86 - Wow!  Just - WOW!  10k steps everyday for a year?  Impressive!  Congratulations on hitting the 45 pound milestone.  Huge accomplishment!  

Best Answer

@TravellingSunny, 10K for the first 3 months, then bumped it to 11K, and in November bumped it to 11.5K. But all in all, yes, I hit at least 10K a day for an entire year. Also, thanks for the accolades! Been a long slow journey and I am fine with that. Take it slow so it lasts and doesn't slam back on when I stop the losing.

**EDIT**  I just looked at my totals (steps, miles, etc) for the 366 days between March 7th last year and today. Averaging out the steps gives me ~13,308 steps every day for a year. Attached a progress pic of just my face. Little more than a year between the two but gives a good idea of at least what my face is doing.Rob 1 Year_Totals.PNGRob 1 Year.JPG

Best Answer

This is awesome! Mondays will be my normal weigh-in days, but I'll start today:

Starting Weight: 198.6 lbs

Current Weight: 196.4 lbs

Total Lost: 2.2

Current Goal Weight: 189

Final Goal Weight: 135

Best Answer