Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

So are Mondays generally the weigh in day?  I'm sure people weigh in all over, but looking for the most support.

Thanks.

Best Answer

@jlow- most people just pick a day that suits them best.  I tend to do Sundays as I usually sleep in a bit and I'm most likely going to get that bowel movement out of the way before I weigh in.  During the week I can be too busy or keep hitting the snooze bar so I have to rush out the door.  Even when I was doing daily weigh-ins I would sometimes miss the Monday ones.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. im new to the community part of this. Ive been a member since feb 17 and my goal is to get my "summer body" back. i have always struggled with my weight all my life. very up and down with no inbetween. im new to the managing my foods and calorie intake and such. over the winter i had gained roughly 25-30 pounds from the size i would like to be. im a cashier so im active as much as i can be. im pretty self cauntious about myself and havent gotten much courage to get very active outside more then walking from point a to b. im looking for some tips and help to reach my goal. i always welcome all tips and comments. thank you!!

Best Answer

CW - 251 -2     8 WEEK AVERAGE -1.375 LBS (-11)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 253 -0

PW - 253 -3

PW - 256 -1

PW - 257 -2

PW - 259 -1

PW - 260 -8    

PW - 268 +6

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@Love_Yourself, welcome here.  If I had one piece of advice for you and others who are new and trying to get started it is to begin with logging everything you eat and then honestly analyzing and making changes from there.  Change starts with awareness.  We tend to be in a bit of denial about what we put in our body and when we log absolutely everything honestly our awareness shifts and we start to make changes naturally.  Over time, I logged my food before I would eat so I could adjust portions or eliminate things when I saw how they were affecting my day's numbers.  Once you have a sense of what you are eating you can adjust your daily caloric intake as well as macronutrients (I really limit my carbs and make sure I get enough protein and I am VERY sugar conscious).
Logging with the fitbit app works but a lot prefer myfitnesspal (I used fitbit myself).  It takes some time to figure out how to log (I cook at home most of the time so you have to kind of think about ingredients, etc).  You can make your own meals (recipes) so that you can log multiple foods with one entry for things you eat often.  It will never be 100% accurate but again, you are just trying to get close and most importantly, be honest with yourself.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 256.6 (3/5/17)

CW - 256.0 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.79 lbs/week for 58 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

I'm still only 90% recovered from my head cold.  On top of everything else I ended up going on a two-day business trip.  One of those trips where I drive for 4-5 hours, have a 3 hour visit, and then turn around and drive back.  Food wasn't bad, although I was actually trying to eat at maintenance levels until I was well.  I ended up losing a bit anyways, so I guess I wasn't at maintenance.  Woman Happy

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 256.0 (3/12/17)

CW - 255.4 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.77 lbs/week for 59 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Avg This Week: 174.2

Avg Last Week: 173.7

I didn't do too bad during the week but was horrible over the weekend. My appetite is out of control and that coupled with the fact that I haven't been doing as much cardio is really hurting my progress. New week, hopefully I can pull it together. Packed my lunch and cut back a little hoping to dial my appetite down a little. Next few days might be rough.

Best Answer

Missed last week. Here is this Monday's readings.

Starting Weight: ~241+ lbs
Current Weight: 194.6 lbs
Last Week's Weight: 196 lbs
Weight Lost this Week: -1.4 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 46.4 lbs

Weight left to lose: 34.6 lbs
Mini-Goal: <190 lbs
Goal Weight: ~160

Best Answer

WEEKLY WEIGH IN for me the old short guy with a beard (Phil Chenevert)

WEEK TEN OF MY WEEKLY WEIGH-IN FOR ACCOUNTABILITY.

highest weight 212 lbs.

goal weight 144 (I am a short old guy, 5'4" 76 years old now)

WEEK 1 JAN 16, 2017 BEGINNING WEIGHT 161.6 pounds

WEEK 2 JAN 23, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 162.2 pounds + 0.6 pounds whoops!

WEEK 3 JAN 30, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 160.4 -down 1.8 pounds !!!! yaaaa. feelin' good

WEEK 4 FEB 6, 2017    CURRENT WEIGHT 160.0 - another tiny loss and in the right direction

WEEK 5 FEB 13, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - a big loss for me. great!!!!

WEEK 6 FEB 20, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.2 - actually a surprise but a nice one.  

WEEK 7 FEB 27, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - well, I'm hangin' in there!  (daily 16 hour fast start)

WEEK 8 MAR 6, 2017   CURRENT WEIGHT 157.0 - OK now, this is more like it  - 1.4 pounds

WEEK 9 MAR 13, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 156.8 - All Right!  

WEEK 10 MAR 20, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 157.0 - Well, not great but that is what the scale says!

Let's talk about slow and steady.  I am feeling good, exercising, moving without pain and having lots of fun so even though I'm not exactly speeding towards my weight goal, I must be eating right and helping my body, right?   Right!  Emotional health is very important to me; I practice choosing happiness rather than anxiety and worry every day and it sure is a better choice.  This accountability of weighing in every week is a great motivation and reminder to me to continue to eat right so thanks to everyone for being my virtual coaches, urging me on all the time.  Love all of you and wish you the very best, especially the one out there who is most discouraged; take a deep breath, know that it is a new day and that eveyone here is pulling for you to take another positive little step! not a big one, just a little one. You CAN do it.      

Best Answer

I wasn't originally going to post this because I gained, but this is to help keep me honest.

SW: 198.6 lbs

CW: 196.4 lbs (03/07/17)

CW: 195.8 lbs (03/13/17)

CW: 197.2 lbs (3/20/17)

Lost This Week: gained 1.4

Total Lost: 1.4 lbs

Current Goal Weight: 189

I've started keeping track of my macros to help me be conscious of what I'm eating.

Final Goal Weight: 135

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 158.4 03/20/2017

Last week 158.8 03/13/2017

Maintenance mode

Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

We went to a catered small town dinner theater production this weekend.  I get a little anxiety going into the unknown and rather than going in and just accepting I take ownership and make the best choices I can.  Not knowing what would be served, I ate a large bowl of salad before I left home.  I thought, worst case scenario, I eat vegetables at home and they will have a roasted protein (likely beef) that I can eat there.  I walked up to the buffet and was thrilled to see giant platters of chopped up fresh vegetables and a spinach salad with fresh berries and little pieces of dark chocolate (wow, good). I had a very small potato to go with it and a nice healthy portion of slow roasted beef.  What a great meal.  It would have been ok, but it really helped my food anxiety to have a plan before I got there if the menu had not been so wonderful.  I did kill a bottle of wine as well, but that's another story and not a common occurrence.  

Best Answer

what is best cupcake dabs

@jlow wrote:

So are Mondays generally the weigh in day?  I'm sure people weigh in all over, but looking for the most support.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Cupcake.  I don't know if Monday's are the "regular" weigh-in day or not.  It does appear there is more activity in this thread on Monday.  I weigh-in on Wednesday and I like it.  It's mid-week so I sort of know where I am in terms of the oncoming weekend and where I've been.  Having said that, this thread is a welcoming thread and you should choose the day which you think will work best for you and then stick to that.  There are always ups and downs but we're all in the same boat and I doubt very much that anyone is looking at what day you weigh-in.  We're more about just weighing in and lots of support to provide.  Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Start weight: 128 kg

Last week: 119.2 kg

Current weight: 119.5kg

Gain: 0.3 kg

Total loss: 8.5 kg

Mini Goal: 115 kg

Had a tiny gain this week. It has to be muscle though 🙂 I am moving so much more, I am hitting 10,000 steps nearly everyday now and at least once a week getting close to 15,000. 

I took 8 years to gain about 50kg and in that time I slowly stopped moving as my weight literally weighed me down. I am turning the clock back now! 

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Alright.  Let's get this ball rolling then.

SW - 193.8 - March 20  First day of spring!

MiniGW - 189

UGW - 160

Did well yesterday, but not very well today.  Sweets are my biggest challenge.

Best Answer

Good morning!

My half kilo is finally gone on weigh in day!  It is certainly slow but sure in my case.  Phil, I am 64.  Does age have a bit to do with it?  We did eat with friends on Saturday.  It is nearly impossible to log accurately if you don't do the cooking.

It helps me to view weight loss as sacks of potatoes.  I have now lost a small kilo bag of potatoes with another handful.  My next goal is to lose a 2.5 kilo sack and ultimately a 5 kilo sack.  Then I will go again for another 5 kilo sack.  If I pick them up in the supermarket I think about the fact that I am carrying around that weigh all day every day.  

At least now it is a small sack less!

SW 31 January 79.8

CW 21 March 78.5

Best Answer

I completely fell off the wagon for about a month so just going to start over. Last week mid week is when i buckled down.

SW 3/15 158.8

CW 3/20155.4

IGW 145    (intermediate goal weight) 🙂

GW 135

tracking and weighing everything I eat and I have started walking 30 minutes at lunch. I'm able to get 1.5-2 miles in at lunch. Not sure what will happen when summer comes but for now it's doable. 

Best Answer

@Pamala That's such a cool way to visualize the loss!  Really helps to give some perspective, especially if you have quite a way to go like I do. Great idea!

Best Answer

Start:      231.5

3/1/17:  218.25 (-0.50)

3/6/17:  216.50 (-1.75)

3/13/17: 217.00 (+0.50)

3/21/17:  211.50 (-5.5)

Total:  -20.00

Mini-goal:  210 (4/29/17)

Sooo....if this week proves anything it is the following:

• I have way more of a hormonal swing in weight than I ever thought (see 3/13)
  • I recover pretty quickly from that swing
  • I need to eat more

The third bullet is a really strange thing for me to see, but  I think that recent experience has borne this out.  I'm not intentionally cutting a ton of calories, but with the level of activity that I'm in (and then being pretty sick the past couple of weeks), food really doesn't appeal that much.  I've been pushing fluids, but I need to start pushing actual food as well if I want to be able to perform and make this loss anything close to permanent.  I felt really weak and light headed most of our class on Sunday (about 7 hours worth, with a lunch break halfway through), and I wasn't able to do the things that I needed to do.  Its hard to focus on perfecting a form when you're more worried about staying upright.  I had been attributing how I was feeling to the lingering effects of whatever had made me sick, but looking at the scale, it may simply be because I'm not fueling enough.  I'm usually loathe to eat while working out, but I may need to start stashing something for the mid-morning water break.

I know that these posts aren't supposed to be too long, but I had a bit of a epiphany while thinking about this while driving to work this morning.  As an overweight person (well, clinically, I'm morbidly obese, but whatever) we are constantly in the mode of viewing food as the enemy.  With PCOS, it's even more the case since our bodies fight us at almost every turn to use food for its purpose.  We are conditioned to think that we don't need as much, that since we have ample stores of fat, that we don't need to fuel ourselves to move, to function.  And that may be my problem; I haven't changed the way that I look at food in relation to exercise, and that is have some serious blowback on what I can actually attempt and accomplish.  I usually don't track food because I can get a bit obsessive, and it hasn't been the a-ha type of analysis that some people have.  I think I need to start again, just if anything to see if I'm getting enough to still lose but also still function.  

Best Answer

2017 Goal Weight = 120.

3/1/2017 Start weight = 155

3/8/2017 153

3/15/2017 151

3/22/2017 148  (Short term goal of 150 achieved)

Short Term Goal = 145

So happy.  I achieved my short term goal and I'm in the 140s.  Just barely in the 140s but I do hope to keep it going. I've set my new short term goal to 145 which is only 3 lbs from my current weight. I'm thinking I'd like to see a more immediate achievement to keep my spirits up and rally me on to the next goal.   

Best Answer