Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Good morning! Weigh in day.  I don't have much of a loss, but I'll take it!  I was off last week so my eating wasn't optimal. It is interesting though. I went to the hospital with my husband on Friday.  The appointment was at 12:00. We had to wait almost an hour and the appointment took around 30 minutes.  By the time we found a place to eat lunch it was after 2:30 and we finally got our food closer to 3.  My point is, I was hungry and did eat more than I would usually be able to, but not hungry in the way that I am on a usual day.  I generally snack around 10 to avoid becoming too hungry.  

So my point is, why are there times when hunger and food are less of an issue?

I guess it isn't that important, but I was wondering if anybody else has experience with something like this.

SW January 31- 79.8

March 28- 78.5

April 4-78.6

April 11- 77.9

April 19- 78

April 26- 77.8

May 2- 77.7

GW- 70 kilos

Best Answer

@Dominique. Nice job! Maintenance mode and strength training are my goals right now as well. Welcome! 

Best Answer

@A_Lurker. Thanks for the info from NWCR. Very interesting. I'll check out their website later today. 

Best Answer

@Pamala wrote:

So my point is, why are there times when hunger and food are less of an issue?

I guess it isn't that important, but I was wondering if anybody else has experience with something like this.

@Pamala -- For me, even on a relatively high calorie day, hunger can be an issue when I get off schedule and miss a regular meal or snack.   I guess I'm a bit like my dogs and have a clock in my stomach!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply @Baltoscott. I usually eat something every few hours to avoid being so hungry that I over eat. That is why it was so strange to be able to go from breakfast at 8 to lunch nearly 7 hours later.

Best Answer

Thank you @Baltoscott

I appreciate your kind words. I hadn't thought of all that 'processing' the body is doing every day in quite those terms and it is helpful!

Yes I am in this for the long haul, but I do get discouraged when I have a bad day...in the past I would find it so hard I would be off the wagon for weeks, but now I am much quicker at turning it around and getting back on track. 

Overall I am pleased to have found a way which is working for me. I hope I can sustain it long term. As @Pamala says, I find that I feel ravenously hungry some days and just fine on relatively little food on others. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to that. Slowly I am learning to notice and to trust how I feel and to have the confidence to eat a little more on a hungry day and a little less on an unhungry one.

Thank you to everyone for your support. I love hearing your stories of good days and bad...both are encouraging!

Best Answer

Sigh, if I'm honest I'm hungry all the time.  I think that this has been the issue pretty much all of my life (out of whack hormone levels).  Understanding them helps, but it doesn't make me any less hungry.  I eat higher protein/fat to keep hunger levels in check (works a bit), I eat lower calorie/higher bulk foods (veggies) as well, but overall I'm pretty much always hungry.  I drink plenty of water, so it's not thirst.  Just something I deal with.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  149.2 lbs

This Week:  148.6 lbs

Change:       -0.6 lbs

Total Loss:  - 104.4 lbs

Goal :           125

Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts

Expected a smaller loss this week due to an above average one last week. Over the past month, my loss has averaged 1.5 lbs per week, which is great. It would be so nice to just see a consistent number each week, but it is what it is. I will need to transition to daily weigh-ins sometime soon. I am at a weight where water weight will make a bigger impact when I retain it, masking actual fat loss. If I weigh in daily, I'll be able to see my trends better. I am still not mentally ready to step on the scale every day, so maybe once I hit my next mini-goal of 141. 

On a non-scale side, I beat my own distance record and ran 4.4 miles! I also have a 5k coming up next week on Tuesday. I am very excited about it because it will be my first trail race. I only ran on a trail once and I didn't make it the full loop because I got lost. The loop is exactly 5k, but I only ran 2.5 miles because I ended up in a secluded woodsy part and was more concerned about finding my way out! I know I won't beat my 5k record during this race, but I am really looking forward to it, even if I have to walk some of it (elevation gain may be too much for me during some stretches). I'll report how it goes next week!

@Dominique - it's great to have you join us here! Your contributions will be very helpful to many, I am sure. I plan to start bulk/cut cycles once I get to my goal weight, so I look forward to reading your updates!

To chime in on the hunger discussion, mine is quite odd. I am not hungry in the morning. The longer I delay breakfast, the better off I am hunger-wise. This is why my "breakfast" is often around lunch time. Once I eat my first meal of the day, I get hungry within a couple of hours. I tried tweaking macros, but the hunger is still there like clockwork. It's not an awful "must stuff my face" hunger, but it's quite uncomfortable - stomach growling, etc. At this point I usually start my daily workout (either running or strength training, depending on the day) and it absolutely kills any hunger. After exercising, I have some whey (just plain, unflavored, dissolved in water) and it keeps me plenty full until dinner. I can delay dinner for a very long time, if I must. However, after dinner, within a few hours I get hungry again. So, I always budget my calories for a nicely sized evening snack. I know this evening "hunger" is actually me wanting something sweet and snacky, but that's OK - no harm in this if I budget appropriately. This way of eating has kept my hunger at bay very consistently. 

Best Answer

@tamado wrote:

Have you ever measured your BF any other way?  I don't have an Aria but using both the tape measure method and the caliper tests (and all of the variations of the tests) I get a very low BF% and I am curious about your experience.  I get between 6 & 7% based on my measurements but when I google body fat % images, I don't really look like the 6-7% but I attribute lots of that to the surplus skin that is still resident on my body.  Just curious about your experience.  Body composition is as valid a goal as weight so welcome here.  I am kind of focused there as well right now.

@tamado: 6-7% is very low, it’s basically competitive (male) bodybuilders & physique athletes a few weeks before their shows (they’re usually higher than that during the off-season). I’m also using body measurements to some extent, and they’re telling me about changes in fat & lean mass: for instance, my waist shrank by 5-6 cm as my weight went down from 67.5 to 62.5 kg (so for me, 1 kg of body weight = about 1 cm on my waist), but OTOH I also lost 2 cm on my biceps (so loss of lean mass when dieting is a real problem). The problem with body measurements is you can’t use them daily, or even weekly: a month is probably the minimum period of time that will let you detect noticeable changes. I’ve tried calipers, but found it really hard to use them, and even if I got meaningful results with them, I couldn’t use them daily or weekly. One indicator that I’ve found works well for me is vascularity on my arms: my veins normally hardly show up (I’ve noticed there’s a big variability between people), but I’m now starting to see them on new places, like upper arm, front shoulder area, lower abdomen etc.

veins.jpg

This is a good indication I’m shedding subcutaneous fat. Some people complain about the lack of reliability of the Aria (and similar) scales, but I’ve found it works well for me with body fat %, and the numbers I get with it match visual examples such as in this link. The good thing about the Aria is that it gives me something I can work on everyday (especially with TrendWeight to even out daily fluctuations) and it automatically syncs to my Fitbit account, so I have a full history. Lean mass shows a lot of ups and downs, as you would expect since it includes water (Aria and similar scales are very sensitive to hydration):

2017-05-04_0948.png

Fat mass is much more stable, again as you would expect, since it only includes - well - fat, and you can only lose or gain so much fat on a day-to-day basis:

2017-05-04_0951.png

I think the Aria (it’s not the only one that integrates with your Fitbit account, btw, so do scales from Withings and Weight Gurus) could be useful for you (as far as monitoring body composition), assuming you’d not be one of the people for whom it doesn’t yield consistent results.

Btw, here is an interesting infographic on the cost of getting lean. I think it will confirm your doubts you’re probably not in the 6-7% range!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I posted yesterday with my weigh in and some other things, but looks like my post was either removed or eaten by forum gremlins. At any rate, I don't have time to retype everything, so just the short of it until next Wednesday's weigh in. 

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  149.2 lbs

This Week:  148.6 lbs

Change:       -0.6 lbs

Total Loss:  - 104.4 lbs

Goal :           125

Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts

Best Answer

New to this board and my first thought was maybe I should lose a bit more weight before posting here... then realized that's really lame! I need to stick with my food plan and hold myself accountable. 

Start: 202 in January 

Today: 196.5

Goal: 137

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit- welcome, and you definitely don't need to wait until you lose weight to post.  This is the place to post while you lose weight (or maintain it).  In fact I've said it before to others, but this is the place to post even the weeks you don't lose weight.  In fact, especially the weeks you don't lose weight.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Hello, Finally a great way to stay accountable without bugging my sister!

My backstory: I was an active kid that stopped playing sports in high school to focus on academics and then gained weight. In January of 2013 I was at my highest and decided to do something about it. After that point I worked out like crazy and lost 100 lbs in about 1 1/2 years. My goal was to complete a sprint triathlon in the summer of 2014, and I was successful.

After I completed it I was down to about 160 lbs. and the weight was distributed differently from how I wanted it to be and I didn't know how to change that and got frustrated. My boss asked if I was eating, I saw pictures of myself where my face was skinny but my hips were larger than I wanted them to be and what do you know, slowly over time the weight went back on. Another contributor was health in general, I have acute status migraines so when I spend weeks as a time with a severe migraine the desire to work out and eat well is not there.

When I stepped on the scale recently and saw 199 I said enough is enough and got back on the band wagon. It wasn't going well but I think I have my diet figured out so hopefully things continue in the right direction.

Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Current Weight195.4 lbs
Weekly Change-3.6 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs
Best Answer

CW - 245 -0     8 WEEK AVERAGE -1 LBS (-8)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 245 -2

PW - 247 -2

PW - 249 -9

PW - 258 +10

PW - 248 -0

PW - 248 -3

PW - 251 -2

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

I enter my weight every day .  I lost 3.5 pounds since yesterday.  I am a patient who has congestive heart failure.  I am limited on the amount of water intake as well as salt intake.  water and sugar make my weight fluctuate.  

Best Answer

I now weigh 213.3 pounds .  I lost 3.5 pounds.

Best Answer

wow good luck Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Welcome @etvete, welcome @KateFitbit.  This is a great thread for accountability and positive feedback. Glad you are here. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

A new week, a new month, and my first weigh-in for May ...

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs
  • Sun, 4.16:  181.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.23:  179.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.30:  177.7 lbs
  • Sun, 5.7:    175.6 lbs

-2.1 lbs since last week

-26.7 lbs since start.  

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Start                 128.5kg

Last week        118.5kg

This week        119.6kg

Shrinkage              9kg

Mini goal             115kg

Desired                 70kg

Gained 1.1kg this weigh in. Quite a big jump for me. My changes in any direction are normally 200-300 grams.

My activity levels have been very high but I ruined it with poor dietary choices.

My plant exhibition went very well but I bought too much crappy junk food because it was quick.

I got my first 20,000 steps in a day.. I find that weeks that I have been extra active I gain weight.

I bought a new fitbit - the Alta. Monitoring my heart rate now but have no idea at all about what the number means as is changes everyday. Wouldn't resting heart rate be relatively stable?

“Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.”Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer