Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@Move.It.Move.It- resting heart rate can be relatively stable in others and quite changeable in others.  I use mine as a sign of overall health.  If it's going down or staying down I'm not that concerned about it.  However, recently, over a 30-day period it was trending up.  For me that was a sign of over training, so it's driven me to a bit of a rest week (and may be followed by another).

I'm not quite sure how Fitbit determines your number for the day.  I'm assuming that it takes a period of rest sometime early in the day.  However, depending on how your day goes I've sometimes seen it go up or down.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 251.6 (4/23/17)

CW - 251.4 (-0.2 lbs)

Progress:  108.6 lbs in 65 weeks = 1.67 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

So, a week of rest (of a sorts) and my resting rate was 67 this morning (from 77 a little over a week ago).  I'm still doing 10,000 steps a day and a lightened 6-day strength training routine.  I've also been attempted to eat close to maintenance.  With the odd weather we've had I ended up with a migraine Thur-Sat, which wasn't fun either.  I think another week of just consistent movement (and some gardening now that the risk of snow today is over) and I'll just let the food fall where it may.  Starting the week after that I may go back to calorie counting for a little while, just to keep an eye on where I am.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 251.4 (4/30/17)

CW - 251.2 (-0.2 lbs)

Progress:  108.8 lbs in 66 weeks = 1.65 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@Move.It.Move.It -- congratulations on a good exhibition and on your new 20k badge!  I have also noticed that extra activity sometime turns into weight gain.  I know some folks claim exercise suppresses hunger but that has never been the case for me.  And, of course, that junk food can taste pretty good!  Back to the routine this week!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg

Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg

Current 8-May-2017: weight 62.0 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg

Mini goal: BF 14.0%

Ultimate: BF 12.5% (e.g. weight: 64 kg, fat mass: 8 kg, lean mass: 56 kg)

Hardly any change since last week, which is kind of expected since I’m reporting TrendWeight numbers (= effect of inertia). This week will be challenging as I’ll be travelling abroad for business and I tend not to do well when staying at hotels, eating out, having plenty of food around and not being able to exercise as usual. Fortunately, it’s only four days, two of which will be mostly travelling (good things airlines no longer provide free food on short flights!).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

This Monday's numbers. Did a lot of home improvements over the weekend so lost a lot of water weight that I'm still catching up on. Hence the 3-pound loss (I assume).

Starting weight: ~241+ lbs
Current weight: 183.2 lbs
Last week's weight: 186.2 lbs
Weight lost this week: -3 lbs
Total weight lost: 57.8 lbs

Weight left to lose: 23.2 lbs
Mini-goal: <180 lbs
Goal weight: ~160

Best Answer

Here is my weekly weigh in:

SW 24/3/17   163lbs

31/3/17  162    -1

6/4/17    161    -1

14/4/17   160    -1

20/4/17   158   -2

27/4/17   157   -1

5/5/17    157.5 +0.5

Really upset to gain even this tiny bit this week and have totally fallen off the wagon since Friday. I was really 'good' all week and then discouraged by my gain and lost interest in even trying. This is an old pattern. It happens less than it used to--but here I am again with this old friend.Needing to get back on track again today. Felt too upset to post when I should have done on Friday (my regular day) and have gained more since then. Extra weight seems to come on so much easier than it comes off!!

Hey ho...I'm still tracking even when it's awful to confront what I am doing, and still moving 12000 steps a day minimum. So some positives. I am finding it hard this week though...

Best Answer

@A_Lurker it seems to me like you're doing amazingly well. You seem to really be able to sense just what you need with a precision which is really admirable. That's something special!

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.8 05/08/2017
Last week 157.8 05/01/2017
Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

I had a three hour sleep due to an allergy attack last night so I worked the minimum and didn't work out this morning so I am not surprised to be logging higher.   I looked back today and realized it's been just over a year since I quit logging what I eat.  That means for over a year I have been eating "intuitively" and maintaining and even continuing to lose weight.  That is a huge victory for me.  I trusted myself to eat what I felt I needed and see what the results are and so far I'm crushing it.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud.

@Dominique, I stopped by a gym last week and they had one of those fancy electronic BMI testers (she said it was the most accurate thing other than submersion).  She measured me at 9.8% so that seems a lot more realistic and still a phenomenal number.  I estimate that I started weight loss around 40% BF so I am blown away by this.  

Best Answer

Well, it's snowing here (Ottawa) in May, which is simply not right.  I still managed to run on the treadmill this morning after taking dogs for a walk.  Looking forward to my FB that I suspect I'll be able to unwrap mother's day!!!  

Re. Weight, I seem to have mastered the maintenance.  Clearly I have to step things up a notch this week to see some real progress.  My goodness this takes a long time, but I have to remind myself that if I wasn't doing this, I may be UP from the start, so could be worse.

Reading everyones' posts are very inspiring.  Thank you!!!!

SW - 193.8 - March 20  First day of spring! 

192.7 - March 27th, one step in the right direction.

192.8 - April 5th.  Same... close enough! 

191.8 - April 10th  Down, yay!!!!

193.1 April 18th  boo...

192.7 April 26th  OOOKAY

192 May 1st  Keep going...

CW - 191.7 May 8th Slow...

Total down 2 lbs.

MiniGW - 189

UGW - 160

Best Answer
I went down 3 pounds the other day and today is back up 3 pounds...I guess I am even oh well

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer

My MIL turned 96 last week, which meant a meal out.  This past weekend we had a family reunion.  That side of the family has Indonesian roots, which means FOOD and plenty of it.  I did not over eat, but did drink more than usual.  Yesterday I weighed 77.7 still, but today is weigh in day and I show a gain.  

Onwards and downwards!!

SW January 31- 79.8

March 28- 78.5

April 4-78.6

April 11- 77.9

April 19- 78

April 26- 77.8

May 2- 77.7

May 9- 78.1

GW- 70 kilos

Best Answer

@mew1967 wrote:
I went down 3 pounds the other day and today is back up 3 pounds...I guess I am even oh well

@mew1967: these fluctuations are typically due to water weight. You may want to try using TrendWeight (just log your weigh-ins in Fitbit, then link your Fitbit account to TrendWeight). It’s really handy for eliminating the impact of such fluctuations. See the link in my signature. It’s totally free, btw.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@tamado wrote:

@Dominique, I stopped by a gym last week and they had one of those fancy electronic BMI testers (she said it was the most accurate thing other than submersion).  She measured me at 9.8% so that seems a lot more realistic and still a phenomenal number.  I estimate that I started weight loss around 40% BF so I am blown away by this.  

@tamado: you probably mean BF tester, not BMI (you don’t need a tester to determine body mass index). Here are two sample pictures (source1 and source2😞

2017-05-10_1322.png

and:

2017-05-10_1327.png

I don’t know if I’ll ever get there, but if I do, that would probably take me another 3-4 years. Congrats if you’ve managed to do it, especially from a starting point of 40%!

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Guess I'll start weighing in to keep me motivated.

starting weight (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016;          

123kg

starting weight (Fitbit) March 02 2017;        

97.7kg

current weight;                   89.3kg

BF;                                     43.2%

target Weight;                    70kg (then I'll see   

there)

weigh in on days are Monday for me but I do jump on my aria scale every morning

Best Answer

@EmjayH Welcome! It looks like you're already over half way there. Well done and welcome to the group. I am pretty new here myself but enjoying it so far!

Best Answer

@Pamala it sounds like you did really well overall, with eating well and drinking a little more than usual. A small gain which will not take long to turn around. I know how discouraging a gain can be, but hang in there. You are motivated and want to succeed. So many on this group are so inspiring with what they are achieving and I"m sure you and I can do it too!

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  148.6 lbs

This Week:  146.0 lbs

Change:       -2.6 lbs

Total Loss:  - 107 lbs

Goal :           125

Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts

Not surprisingly, lost a bit more this week. Makes up for the 0.5 pound loss last week. Weight loss is most certainly non-linear!

Ran my first trail 5k yesterday. That thing kicked my butt! Trail running is very different from road running. The steep climbs and descents, dodging pine cones and twigs, narrow paths and very few flat areas make for a very challenging run! My goal was to not come in last, which I accomplished (there were seven people behind me). I am still very slow, but I'm determined! Although it wasn't a goal, since road running and trail running are so different, I was 1.5 minutes faster yesterday than during my very flat road 5k race in March. So, looks like I'm improving slowly, but surely. 

I already signed up for three more trail races this summer. The next one is coming up in less than a month in June. I can't wait!

Best Answer

Starting weight:
1st Jan 2017 142kg (313lbs)

10th Mar 2017 126.9kg (280lbs)
16th Mar 2017 126.3kg (278.5lbs)
23rd Mar 2017 123.9kg (273lbs)
1st Apr 2017 123.3kg (272lbs)
10th Apr 2017 122.5kg (270lbs)
17th Apr 2017 120.9kg (266.5lbs)
25th Apr 2017 120.0kg (264.5lbs)

10th May 2017 118.8kg (262lbs)

Target weight:
100kg (220lbs)

A bit of a gap in posting, I went on holiday for a week. I ate really well, but also exercised like crazy (almost 150k steps in the week!).

It seems that I've joined the 50lbs loss gang!

I'm moving so much better. 9 mile run in 90 mins this week. No aches or pains next day. The lard on my gut is finally looking like it's melting (slowly!) away.

All is good! Hope everyone else is feeling equally focused and satisfied!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

@Cottongrass Thank you so much for your kind words. I already feel better with the small loss I have had.  It makes me want more!!!

Best Answer

@AuroraKat wrote:

My goal was to not come in last, which I accomplished...

Even if you're the last runner to finish, you're not last. 

Even if you get injured after 100 yards and decide to stop, you're not last. 

DNF on a race card trumps DNS!

"Last" is a title reserved for those who could've done something but chose instead to stay in bed. Or sat in front of the idiot lantern stuffing Pringles into their face. Or laughed at the person coming last even though they didn't have the moral fibre to even try. 

I'm a fat runner. I take pride in that title for two reasons. Firstly, I've acknowledged that I'm fat. That was the first step in tackling the problem. Secondly, even a fat, slow, panting runner is a runner. 

With your success, you can dispense with the word fat. That makes you a runner!

Well done! You inspire me. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer