Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723
@Daves_Not_Here wrote:

Au contraire, mon Finnish low-carb-skeptic!  No mode switching for me.  I toughed it out and stuck with low-carb through last weekend's exercise, have been exercising a little more this week (per your recommendation, thank you) and it appears that I may be getting keto-adapted as my mental fog is clearing.  More time will tell but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Don’t worry: I’m not low-carb-skeptic! I know it can work for weight loss  (you’re living proof of it), like any style of eating that results in a consistent caloric deficit. It’s just that I think it’s making it unnecessarily difficult. It’s a bit like backward running: yes, it can be done, there are even folks that run full marathons backward. But just because something CAN be done doesn’t mean it SHOULD.

OTOH, I’m very much in favour of the If It Floats Your Boat approach. Ergo: all the best with the keto-adaptation!

I did read something about the risk of excessive carbohydrate intake for heavier individuals. This is from the book on nutrition I mentioned recently, which is very pro-carb otherwise:

2017-09-15_2213.png

This was kind of new to me. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@EmjayH Great job! Keep up the good work!

Best Answer

Hi everyone.  I'm going to tag a bunch of people in this post because there has been a lot of discussion regarding scales.  First off, here's this weeks update:

USW:  224.5 (07/06/16)

CSW:  147.5 (Thursday, 07/06/17) -77.0

PW:    144.8 (Friday, 09/01/17)  -1.4

PW:    144.0 (Tuesday, 09/05/17) -0.8

PW:    143.6 (Friday, 09/08/17) -0.4

PW:    143.0 (Tuesday, 09/12/17) - 0.6

PW:    144.6 (Friday, 09/15/17) +1.6

Goal:  Maintain between 145.0 - 150.0

@Dominique @Move.It.Move.It @Baltoscott @Daves_Not_Here @AuroraKat @tamado

First off...thank you to all who mentioned TrendWeight!  I'm loving it!!  I put in a goal weight of 145.0 and TrendWeight said I met that goal on Wednesday.  While my scale (1byOne) doesn't connect with FitBit, I have found that it does connect with the Apple Health App.  So.... by computer technology way beyond my knowledge..... here's what has been going on....

Scale connects to Health App; Health app connects to MFP, MFP connects to FitBit; and FibBit connects to TrendWeight!! So all I have to do each morning is manually enter the Body Fat % into FitBit and TrendWeight has all the info it needs. LOL!!  Oh yeah! I forgot....I also use "MapMyWalk" which also connects to MFP and HealthApp.  I disabled the Health App for this since it was giving me a double reading in MFP.  Too complicated for me but, hey, it's working!!  🙂

@AuroraKat good luck with the scan. Excited to hear the results!

@tamado great job on maintaining weight with all the traveling you've been doing. The most difficult time for me is when I'm eating out....you have a handle on it so keep up the good work!

@Move.It.Move.It congratulations on your new scale!! I'm sure you will like it!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Scale connects to Health App; Health app connects to MFP, MFP connects to FitBit; and FibBit connects to TrendWeight!!

@SunsetRunner, wow, you’ve out-geeked @Daves_Not_Here with weight management! Have you found the BF% estimations of your 1byOne scale realistic and consistent so far?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

CW - 276 +4     8 WEEK AVERAGE + 4 LBS (+32)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 272 +0

PW - 272 +6

PW - 266 +4

PW - 262 +23

PW - 239 -2

PW - 241 -5

PW - 246 +2

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Time for the weekly report ...

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs (starting weight)

Ave. daily calorie consumption for week preceding weigh-in.

• Sun, 7.23:   163.8 lbs --- Yay!  Blew right through my goal!!
  • Sun, 7.30:   162.5 lbs
  • Sun, 8.6:     161.7 lbs    2395
  • Sun, 8.13:   160.8 lbs    2329
  • Sun, 8.20:   160.1 lbs    2665
  • Sun, 8.27:   159.3 lbs    2585
  • Sun, 9.3:     ???             2604
  • Sun, 9.10:   159.8 lbs    2792
  • Sun, 9.17:   159.6 lbs    2499 

- 0.2 lbs since 9.10

-42.7 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Not much change this week, which is a good since I'm trying to figure out what maintenance feels like. At this point I feel fine (very little hunger throughout the day) at about 2000 calories through 3 meals and an afternoon snack.  A daily average of 2500 calories seems to be about what I need to maintain at 160 lbs.  When I eat that amount I feel pretty full after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I had a couple days last week at around 3000 calories.  That seems like a lot to me these days.  I plan to stay at "maintenance" for a few more weeks to get a better sense of my hunger cues.  After that, I'll start the scary (for me anyway) experiment of purposely gaining weight in order to build more muscle. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

USW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg
SW (Fitbit) March 2 2017; 97.7kg

PW August 07; 78.5kg
PW August 14; 77.9kg
PW August 21; 77.3kg
PW August 28; 76.9kg
PW Sept. 04;    77.7kg 😳🙈

PW Sept 11;     75.9kg

CW Sept 18;    75.1kg

loss this week; 800g
Mini goal; 70kg by Christmas

Best Answer

My numbers for this week:

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg
Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg

Previous 21-Aug-2017: weight 61.4 kg, BF 14.9%, fat mass: 9.1 kg

Previous 28-Aug-2017: weight 61.1 kg, BF 14.7%, fat mass: 9.0 kg

Previous 4-Sep-2017: weight 60.8 kg, BF 14.6%, fat mass: 8.9 kg

Previous 11-Sep-2017: weight 60.4 kg, BF 14.5%, fat mass: 8.7 kg

Current 18-Sep-2017: weight 60.2 kg, BF 14.3%, fat mass: 8.6 kg

The numbers are still moving down ever so slightly. It seems overhauling my diet hasn’t have any major impact so far. I’m now eating 5-6 times a day, a lot more protein, more fat, less carbs, veggies with each meal. First time ever I’m 100% on "clean eating" <lol>. Definitely more work prepping (and cleaning the dishes), but I’ve never felt hungry during the whole week. In fact, I’ve felt stuffed at times.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Weekly weigh in time.

Start weight: 162.1 lb

PW 4/9 : 158.6

PW 11/9 : 159.4

CW 18/9 : 158.00

Mini-Goal #1: 155 lb

Ultimate goal weight: 135lb

Scales moving sooooooooooo slowly...........fluctuating quite a lot daily. I get very excited when I get a new 'low' number appear (so silly) - this week I got a 157...can't wait to see it again.

Going on my fitbit stats, my weekly deficit is between 4500-5000 cal - however, trendweight is estimating that I'm eating about a 400cal deficit a day.... I'm guessing that fitbit is overestimating a little and I am probably not getting my calories in spot on either - so a bit of an error margin there! That's ok, happy to work within a margin of error as long as the scales are continuing in the right direction.

Best thing is really learning about what I can eat in relation to my activity levels during each day - it's a real eye opener, suddenly not so surprising that I have put on so much weight! Good luck this week everyone.

Best Answer

@mattymoo: although you’re reporting weekly, are you weighing once a week or everyday? This would affect the TrendWeight calculations, especially if you’ve only started using it recently. TrendWeight will perform best with daily values over a long enough period of time.

Anyway, we’re only talking about a deficit of 400 (TrendWeight) vs. 642-714 (estimation by Fitbit and yourself), not too bad IMO. Now you know it, you can plan for having an extra cushion.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@EmjayH: your goal of 70 kg by Christmas now looks very realistic (5 kg in three months). Though I wouldn’t call it "mini": you’ve already lost an amazing 48 kg (for non-metrically inclined people, it’s 106 pounds) since last November, that’s 39% of your starting weight. How are you feeling? Have you been taking breaks (not just cheat days) since you started this journey? 

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Last Week's Weight191 lbs
Current Weight188 lbs
Weekly Change-3.0 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs

Woo!! Finally the weight is going back down! I hate to say that spending two weeks being sick and not tracking did me good, but the scales are being nice. I went to the gym for the first time since the 3rd yesterday and it felt so good. I am debating continuing with intuitive eating to see if the issue was not eating enough. 

Best Answer

@Dominique at first I'd take cheat days but as I adjusted to my new eating habits I found them uneccesary. I'm happy with the way my diet is. It suits my lifestyle so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I don't eat a lot of carbs really so to make up for it I have 2 days a week where half my calorie intake is carbs. That's the main reason I never had a plateau. Keeps my body guessing lol.

im very active. Go to the gym 4-5 days a week. Run 3 days a week and smash over 20k steps a day. At first it was hard. Now I enjoy it. Never thought I'd say I enjoyed jogging 🙈🙈. I feel so much healthier. Friends and family say I look 10 years younger. And I no longer have any pain in my feet and knees. I used to get really bad pains in the soles of my feet  when I was at my heaviest and my knees would jar up. 

So yeah I'm happier and comfortable enough in my new lifestyle that at this point continuing to lose weight is easy. Of course it helps that my calorie allowance is still quite high. I'm on 2000 kcal a day. I hear of girls eating 1200 kcal a day to lose weight and honestly I'd prolly give up lol. As long as I keep eating clean I'm happy to eats lots 😍

Best Answer

@EmjayH: for a woman  to be able to diet down to a lower weight on 2000+ calories is the way to go! I can see the virtuous circle with exercise: as you get lighter and fitter, it becomes all the time easier to be more active, which allows you to keep eating a decent amount of food even though your requirements are less than when you started.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.8 09/18/2017
Last week 159.6 09/11/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Well, I cannot get much more consistent.  I think I am at 6 weeks with a .2 variation at weigh in.  If this is where my body is happy, I am very happy.  I am still working on toning with yoga and my nutrition is probably 90-95% healthy so I really cannot be happier with where I am at.  I still have a bit of a tendency to fill my plate a bit too much but that is mostly on days with high output so while I am not logging, eating intuitively seems to be working for me.  I have not weighed over 160 this year, so I want to see if I can keep that going for the rest of the year (at weigh in, after a meal I can be as high as 165 mid day).

Best Answer

@tamado: let’s face it, in the match against your body wanting to bring you back to your previous, much higher set point, you have clearly won! Kind of like when you quit smocking: the likelihood you’d get back to nicotine is very low, right?

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

I plan to stay at "maintenance" for a few more weeks to get a better sense of my hunger cues.  After that, I'll start the scary (for me anyway) experiment of purposely gaining weight in order to build more muscle. 

Sounds like a very good plan to me, @Baltoscott! Since you have documented the calories that took you from 170 to 160, why don’t you use the same for "reverse dieting", adjusting for the pace you want to regain at (as you probably want to gain slower than you lost). 

Real World Tip from the RP Diet book:

2017-09-18_2228.png

Peanut butter is your friend!

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@Dominique -- yes, I hope to gain back a bit slower than I lost.  About a half pound/week.    Thanks for the tip from RP.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Scale connects to Health App; Health app connects to MFP, MFP connects to FitBit; and FibBit connects to TrendWeight!!

@SunsetRunner, wow, you’ve out-geeked @Daves_Not_Here with weight management! Have you found the BF% estimations of your 1byOne scale realistic and consistent so far?

@Dominique. Lol! I did feel really geeky getting it all to work! And then there are days like yesterday when I left my phone at work and was going into major withdrawals!  From what I can tell so far the BF% do seem realistic and have been consistent. 

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  127.0 lbs

This Week:  124.8 lbs

Change:       - 2.2 lbs

Total Loss:  - 128.2 lbs

Body Fat:    17%

Goal :           transition to maintenance before starting a bulk cycle

So, seems like I lost a chunk of weight all in one go again. Bodies are weird. Since I am transitioning to maintenance right now, I'll be posting my lowest weight for the week. Makes more sense that way given how my body loves retaining water for weeks at a time. 

My DEXA results were great! Body fat % was reported as 17% (it was 31% in mid-April of this year), and on top of that, I actually gained 1.5 pounds of lean mass! That last bit has me pretty excited. My goal has always been to preserve as much lean mass as I could, especially given my aggressive calorie deficit. But, to actually gain muscle mass while on a cut as a female feels pretty great.

I am very excited about starting a proper bulk now! Given my BF%, I definitely don't want to lose anymore weight. I think I am being too cautious with my calories. Will be adding another 200 calories per day this week. Will see where that takes me. But, yeah, I don't want to drop below my current BF%, given that I am pretty close to the unsafe range (below 14% for females). 

Best Answer