Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@EmjayH wrote:

USW (pre fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) Mach 02 2017;       97.7kg

PW June 05;                            85.9kg

PW June 12;                            84.5kg

PW June 19;                            83.5kg

PW June 26;                            82.4kg

PW July 03;                              81.6kg

PW July 10;                              81.2kg

CW July 17;                             81.2kg

mini goal 70kg by Christmas 

no loss this week but honestly I'm surprised I didn't gain. My trainer put MeV on a 4 day eat whatever you want break and I admit I went a little crazy. Still managed to eat at maintenance though it would seem so yay 😊 🤗🤗

Best Answer

I'm going to start doing this, too. I need accountability for my weight and I don't want to join a formal program. Fitbit should do what I want.

Today 7/17/17

Weight 154 pounds

Goal 145

Thanks

Best Answer

I finally bought a new scale after having dropped my scale a number of times. I thought my scale was accurate, but not according to my new scale. So, I start over again again.

SW: 202.8 (7/17/17)

CGW: 190

UGW: ~125 to 135

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Best Answer

Thanks for the encouragement @Baltoscott! I have been eating three meals a day as well - it seems to have been working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My first week since starting this forum is done!! I thought it went pretty well, but I've been struggling finding things to eat that keep me interested in being healthy. This week, I'm going to be trying three more lunches/dinners - all chicken with a side (middle eastern rice salad, quinoa salad, and succotash) - and some more breakfast options (egg white omelet, avocado and whole grain toast, almond butter and bananas on whole grain toast). Let me know if you have any other healthy (and great-tasting) fat-burning meal ideas!

Start weight: 200 lbs (5/5/17)

Last week's weight: 186.4 lbs (7/10/17)

Current weight: 184.6 (7/17/17)

Loss this week: 1.8 lbs

Loss to date: 15.4 lbs

Mini goal: 183 (7/24/17)

Next big goal weight: 167 lbs (12/31/17)

Best Answer

@LilLash wrote:

I finally bought a new scale after having dropped my scale a number of times. I thought my scale was accurate, but not according to my new scale. So, I start over again again ...

I'll bet you aren't the only one who has "dropped my scale a number of times" on this forum @LilLashSmiley Very Happy

I upgraded to a newer withings wi-fi scale four or five months ago, and for the longest time my wife wouldn't use it -- even though we get fun new nerdy information like water % and bone mass -- because she was getting near a weight goal in her gym group and it registered a pound more than the old one.  

She's finally migrated.  I'm not sure if the new or old one is more accurate in absolute terms (i.e., do I really weight X?), but since the difference between them is less than 1% they are each probably accurate enough.  And they are both fine in relative terms (if I step on and off three times in a row, I get the same measurement), so I know that the daily/weekly changes are real and not measurement errors.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
Yeah, I thought about getting the bluetooth enabled one, but for the price
hike, I felt the functionality. The most important thing was no more little
plastic pieces that break easily. I don't have much space in my bathroom,
so I have to store my scale away. My new one is glass though, so, who
knows, I may have to buy a new one the first time I drop it.

I did buy one that measures body fat percentage and such. I know there are
more accurate measuring devices for that, but at least it'll be
consistently the same device.
Best Answer

Week 7: July 17, 2017

Highest Weight: 305.5 lbs

Weight Last Week: 298.9

Now: ---

Loss this last week: 0

Loss to date: -6.6

I got back from camping yesterday – 3 glorious days of no cell phone, no emails, and a lot of relaxing. My hubs and I went to a lake with some friends. While I didn’t track either food or activity (seriously unplugged, loved it) I felt like I did okay? But today I am realizing very much that I have terrible estimations.

On the good side – we took up 2 bags of Doritos and only ate one. 1 bag of Cheetos, and I didn’t have any. And all I drank this whole weekend was water, juice, or Gatorade. No beer and no mixed drinks.

On the bad side – I may have OD’d on toasted marshmallows. I ate considerably more Doritos than my hubs. I didn’t get a hike in (and while the tubing was fun and my shoulders ache, it doesn’t quite make up for the rest of the lack of activity). And while my general beverage choices were decent, I didn’t drink nearly enough water.

So yesterday when I was standing in my friend’s kitchen, eating salsa, and helping her prepare frozen breakfast burritos for her own camping trip next week, and I looked down at my muppet feet and ankles (probably more swollen than I’ve ever seen them), I should not have been as surprised as I was. (Plus, it turns out, this timed perfectly with my cycle.)

This morning when I stepped on the scale it was pretty awful. So awful, that I’m not going to record it in here. Maybe that’s a coward’s choice. But if I record it, I will dwell on it, and that’s only going to bring me down. I need to refocus on the progress I’d been making. I will record next Monday no matter what happens, but for now, I’m going to give myself a week to recover.

Best Answer

not dropped mine, stamped on it quite a few times though 😉

Best Answer

@IMchika I completely understand having a bad week/weekend and feeling awful about it - especially when it shows up on the scale! One thing I noticed for me is that if I gain pretty quickly from an event / weekend, the weight is kind of temporary and drops pretty quickly. You are going to have an amazing week! Don't let one bad weekend get ya down!

Best Answer

@KenzieRae

Thanks so much for your encouraging note - I was just getting into beating myself up and that really helped.

Cheers to an awesome week 😄 

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.6 07/18/2017
Last week 157.6 07/10/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 110 lbs +/- 5 lbs

I waited until today so I could share this facebook memory and the post I made with it.

I've been waiting for this memory. Milestones are important as they help us reflect on where we have come from and reset our resolve going forward. A year and a half ago my doctor pretty much told me to not bother losing weight because 90% of people put it all back on within two years anyway. I'm not sure if he was playing mind games with me but if so, well played. With an "I'll show you" attitude I determined to not be a statistic. 
I can honestly say that weight maintenance has not been overly difficult but it does require a continuous focus. When you are losing weight, every pound dropped is a victory but in maintenance, you have to learn to see not gaining as a victory and accept small fluctuations as normal without freaking out. As more and more people accept the new version of me as normal I have lost my "celebrity" status and have gone back to just being the baker. I am quite ok with that but it leaves me to focus on this on my own.
I am proud to say I have not only maintained the 100 lb loss but have stacked another 5-7 on that yet as well to rest down 10 lbs in the normal range of the BMI and a very healthy 10-12% body fat. My body is serving me in new ways and I love using it. From water skiing to downhill skiing, yoga to yardwork, hiking to hugging - it all feels so much better.
Thank you to everyone who continues to support my healthy lifestyle. Like donkey from Shrek, "it's getting me to shut up that's the trick...".

20160718_111121.jpg

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  132.4 lbs

This Week:  132.4 lbs

Change:       0 lbs

Total Loss:  - 120.6 lbs

Goal :           lose no more than 0.5 lbs per week in the next few weeks in transition to maintenance, and eventually bulk

So, no movement on the scale. I knew this would happen based on where I'm at in my cycle. Now that I have daily weight data for two months, it's easy to predict when I'll stall. I will probably only see the scale move down in a few weeks. It's the new norm for me at this current weight - stall most of the month followed by a big drop. 

However, I am now transitioning to a much smaller deficit. I don't see the benefit of getting any smaller, other than getting rid of some fat patches here and there (mostly thighs and upper arms). But, honestly, even if they never go away, I'd be perfectly happy. Measurements-wise, I am slightly smaller than I was in college at 125 lbs. My BF% is clearly lower. I figure now is the time to actually start reaping benefits from all the exercise I do and build some muscle. 

I am still maintaining a small deficit - about 200 calories per day, just until I figure out what my maintenance should be. I should be losing slightly less than 0.5 lbs per week at this deficit. I will reevaluate next month depending on how the scale behaves. Also, considering that my deficit is so small, I will most definitely see the scale go up in the next week or so due to hormonal water weight, since there will be hardly any fat loss to offset it. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I know it's coming and I know it will come off at the end of my cycle. 

Overall, I am quite happy that I didn't need to drop to 125 lbs to get to the size I want - means I can eat more at maintenance! 

Best Answer

Start 128.5kg

Last week 118kg

This week 117.5kg

Shrinkage 11kg

Mini goal 115kg

Desired 70kg

Congratulations @tamado. A very well deserved achievement. The statistics of putting the weight back on show that 10% of people don't regain and you are definitely in that category. You kept your eye on the ball about the situation. Also, you didn't just lose weight but instead changed your life style and that is something that you can keep up for ever. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

This week I have started to exercise besides walking my dogs. I picked 5 bodybuilding exercises to do everyday and I am doing 20 mins each day on the wii fit. It is a small start but I have started. I found a great website called Bodyspace which has lots of workouts for bodybuilding.

On the food front I am really concentrating on good food and nutrition. I am cooking with lots of vegetables and fresh herbs and spices. I am back to eating a few pieces of fruit each day and greek yogurt. My aim is nuture my body. This has been sparked by the Bells Palsy episode which made me realise the value of good health. I am also hoping that eating better will mean that I want to eat less as my body should be getting all the nutrients it needs in lower calorie format.

My favourite recipe this week was chicken, celery and chickpea soup spiced with ginger, garlic, coriander and cumin - cooked in the slow cooker over 8 hours. So nice!

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Amazing job @AuroraKat!!

It is very inspiring to see someone at the finish line of their journey - especially when I'm just starting mine.  How much total time did it take you? 

Best Answer

@tamado

Great job - especially with keeping the weight off!  I lost about 50 lbs several years ago, but am unfortunately one of the many in the statistic that had me putting it back on plus some.  I am trying to figure out how to do it differently this time, better, so that that doesn't happen again.  Unfortunately I think while I'm actively trying to lose, I can't yet truly understand how to maintain, so there's a part of my brain that tells me I'll think about it tomorrow, when it's a relevant thought - but I worry that's part of why I did not succeed in keeping it off the first time.

Best Answer

It took me about 14 months. The last two of these I was actively increasing calories and slowing down my rate of loss. It's a bit daunting settling into maintenance because I am at the point in my hormonal cycle where I am beginning to retain water. The scale is slowly moving up, so the next few weeks will be interesting, if not frustrating. But, I know for certain that I don't want to get much smaller. As it is, I am bordering on x-small for tops and size 4 for bottoms. Not where I want to be, really. Once I am settled comfortably into maintenance, I'll start a proper bulk - I'm really looking forward to this! I can't wait to build muscle!

Good luck with your journey, @IMchika - it is incredibly rewarding, and it does get easier with time as you create new habits and let go of the ones that stand in your way. 

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

OMG --- I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted my stats so here's the update:

USW:  224.5 (07/06/16)

CSW:  150.0 (Friday, 06/02/17) - 74.5

PW:     147.5 (Friday, 06/09/17) - 2.5

PW:     150.5 (Friday, 06/16/17) +3.0

PW:     146.0 (Tuesday, 06/20/17) -4.5

PW:     148.5 (Friday, 06/23/17) +2.5

PW:     147.5 (Tuesday, 06/27/17) -1.0

PW:     147.5 (Friday, 06/30/17) +/- 0.0

PW:     149.0 (Tuesday, 07/04/17) +1.5

PW:     147.5 (Thursday, 07/06/17) -1.5

PW:     147.0 (Tuesday, 07/11/17)  -0.5

PW:     149.0 (Friday, 07/14/17) +2.0

PW:     148.0 (Tuesday, 07/18/17) -1.0

CW:     148.0 (Friday, 07/21/17) +/- 0.00

Goal:  Maintain between 148.0 - 152.0

As you can see I'm consistently staying between 147.0 and 150.0 which is fine with me.  I was actually surprised with this past Tuesday's weight considering I hosted a birthday party last weekend and didn't count any calories -- all the time eating pizza, cake, ice cream, etc., etc...  You get the picture! 🙂

I've been able to stay on track with exercising 5x/week incorporating strength training at least 2x.

@tamado Congratulations!!! You look wonderful and are doing great so keep up the good work and don't let some doctor try to bring you down.  I had a similar situation about 10 years ago --- I had lost a lot of weight and when I went to the doctor (I hadn't been in over a year) all she could say was "well if you lost 10 pounds your BP would be better".  Not once did she acknowledge that I was down over 60 lbs from the last time I saw her!!!  At that time I was struggling with maintenance and I was so discouraged and angry by the comment that I, unfortunately, let it bring me down. I did end up putting all the weight plus some back on -- not that it's her fault but a little encouragement could have gone a long way at that point.  I'm glad you did the opposite -- used it as a driving force to prove him wrong.  That's my goal now -- to maintain and not become a statistic. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Best Answer

CW - 244 -0     8 WEEK AVERAGE +0.125 LBS (+1)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 244 -7

PW - 251 +9

PW - 242 -2

PW - 244 -3

PW - 247 +5

PW - 242 -9

PW - 251 +8

I screwed up last week, it was 244 instead of 243.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@tomado,

Maintaining can be as difficult as losing or gaining weight. I find it helps to make sure I get at least three 500 calorie meals and three 500 calorie snacks a day. I don't count calories like I used to, but I do have a good idea how many calories are in what I eat. Your calorie needs will be different.

I step on the scale every two or three days, and plan my eating accordingly. It gets easier after staying at the same weight for a couple months. I set my lower limit at 160 lb. If I drop below that, I curtail my exercise and eat more for a day. Usually, the pounds come back quickly.

Best Answer