Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Start 230 lbs 06/04/2012
Last week 211 lbs 08/01/16
This week 209 lbs 08/09/16
Weekly loss 2 lbs
total Loss 21 lbs
Goal 120 lbs

MarjieHughes
Best Answer

Start Weight : 173 Lbs

Current Weight: 154.5 Lbs

Goal Weight: 130 Lbs

Height: 5'6

Weight Loss Journey Started : 59 Days ago

Best Answer

Starting weight 190 lbs   7-18-16

Current weight 186 lbs 8-8-16

Goal weight 165 lbs

36 yr old femal

5'8.5"

Best Answer

Week 1 Results:

Starting:  231.5

8/9/16:    228.5

Mini Goal:  220 by 10/1/16

Good way to start things off!  I managed to get more steps in than I usually do, and believe it or not, Pokemon may have had something to do with it (the kids were more than happy to help!).  I do need to probably work on my overall eating, since I was under target on calories on all days but one.  I will take a positive that I was really good about tracking this week.  It's started to become second nature, which is a good thing.   Have traded out my morning diet pepsi for a 1L of water too.  Consistency is still something to strive for-I'll get there.

Best Answer

Started diet: 6/1/2016

Starting weight: 211

Current weight: 188.2

Weight loss = 22.8

Goal weight: 135lbs by March 30th (28th bday)

First time posting here! I've had my fitbit for almost 2 months and it's helped a ton! Love reading through these posts and seeing everyone's progress. Motivates me to continue on this journey! I actually had my first non-scale-related victory today because I was able to button (and wear comfortably) some pre-pregnancy pants that I haven't worn in almost 2 years! WOOOOO!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!! Heart

Best Answer

Hi All

I am amazed at the weight everyone has lost - it is inspirational!!!

I have struggled with weight all my life and just recently purchased a fitbit to help me lose weight and improve my fitness.

This is the first online forum that I have ever participated in.  The idea of having weekly weigh ins is great - I need something to keep me accountable 

Current Weight 170lb

Goal Weight 133lb

Mini Goal for October 167lb

Best Answer

A_Lurker wrote

USW: 407.0

CSW: 360.0 (2/1/16)

PW: 299.8 (7/31/16)

CW: 297.4 (-2.4)

So this week my weight peaked on Tues/Wed and then started to come back down.  A purchased high calorie lunch on Friday pushed it back up yesterday morning, but I wasn't over in calories, but probably was in salt.  I'll add salt and pepper to roasted veggies, but as a rule I don't always add salt into cooking.  I'll use garlic, other spices, etc.  Last night's dinner was an asian turkey meatloaf which had a lot of ginger and garlic in it, but after being frozen had little real flavour.  I ended up pulling some PC Memories of Thailand Fiery Chili Pepper Sauce out of the fridge and portioning some over each serving.

It was a horribly rainy day yesterday, lots of thunder too, so after seeing the treadmill thread I put mine down, loaded up copies of the TV show Eureka and got my steps in during short bursts of 15 mins during the day - being a couch potato the rest of the day.  It did show me that I had to work on my endurance a little.  Don't get me wrong, I've had days in the plant where I'm on my feet and moving for hours, but they do kill me.  So, I'm going to work a little on getting the treadmill time up.  That's also a great use for them, you can step off at any time.  Of course, that can also be a bad thing.  Although to be fair when I used to walk outside I started with short trips around the block to longer 5-10 km walks.  Of course, that was also during a summer I was unemployed (in school, but couldn't find temporary work, and could afford to focus on fitness for 4 months).

So, for this week:

PW: 297.4 (08/07/16)

CW: 295.2 (-2.2)

What I'm most happy about is that my fat% is dropping with this weight loss.  I mean, overall it has too, but trendweight is actually showing an upward trend on lean mass, which I'm happy about.  I want to get lighter, but I also want to get stronger.  During my weight loss when I was seriously into weights (even now I'm not as dedicated as I was, but personal situation has changed) I got to the point where I could deadlift over 225 lbs.  I can't find the records from then, but I don't think I ever quite hit a 250 1-rep max.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
Hi everyone!
I am new to this community and am amazed and inspired by everyone's progress and determination.
I started my weight loss journey 2yrs ago, but I know that I reached a plateau since 6mths ago. A friend introduced Fitbit to me early this month when I started a new programme, and lent me a Flex and Zip to try out. I just purchased an Alta that I hope will keep me going.

Aug 1st: 82.5kg
Aug 14th: 79.8kg

let's move it!
Best Answer

This is such a great idea. I purchased my Fitbit last week and I'm already sleeping better and moving more. End game is weight loss and feeling better, so here is hoping!  I love the idea of being accountable for my weight loss so I'll join in!

Start weight     9/8/2016: 83.0kg

Weight today 15/8/2016: 81.7kg

Loss so far: 1.3 kg

Mini-goal weight: 78 kg by 10/10/2016

Goal weight: 72 kg

Best Answer

Start weight 125.5kg (16/12/2015)
Now 115.5kg (01/08/2016)
Goal 70kg
Loss this week 0kg
Loss to date 10kg
Mini goal 110kg

Had a bit of a break this week. I didn't track my food or push myself to exercise. An alround slack week but I think I needed it. 

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
Last Week 164.4 lbs 08/02/2016

This week  164.6 lbs 08/15/2016

Weekly loss (gain)  (.2)lbs
total Loss 100.4 lbs

Back from a week at the lake and calling a major win for weight maintenance.  I was working hard to balance a few indulgences with some good choices.  Breakfasts were a little high in carbs and a few extra beer but I kept sweets to a minimum and ate a ton of produce.  I kept my activity level up and water skied for the first time in 20 years!

2016-08-07 14.48.51.jpg

Best Answer

Start                233.9                  5/22/2015

Last Week      188.8

This Week      190.0 (Morning of 8/15)

Average weigh in of 188.8, down .4 from last weeks average of 189.2. I did a 3 day vacation and ate out a bit so I'll be recovering from that this week. My stomach does not like me right now. I didn't eat too bad, but I'm certain I was in a surplus for 2 of those 3 days. I was able to get in 4 weight lifting sessions and 3 cardio sessions.  Looking to get back on the grind this week as I'm now a little off my pace for an average weigh in of 185 by the end of the month.

Best Answer

SW: 186.8 - 01/08/16
Last week - 184 - 08/08/16
This week - 184.4 - 15/08/16
Gain 
this week - 0.4
GW: 150

Not sure if the gain is due to an inaccurate scale last week or perhaps the pool party I attended over the weekend! Time for a new week and hopefully more downward change.

Best Answer

Good afternoon!

I have gained 5 kilos in the last year!!  At my age(64) it can really creep up on you.  I love my fitbit.  Combining steps with sensible eating should provide results.  A weekly weigh in should help keep me on track.

8/15 weigh in--80 kilos.

I should have said that my goal weight is 70 kilos.  To have a BMI of 25 I would have to get to 68. I am 5 foot 5 inches.  

Best Answer

Starting weight 190 lbs   7-18-16

Current weight 186.2 lbs 8-8-16

186 lbs 8-16-16

First Goal weight 165 lbs

36 yr old femal

5'8.5"

Best Answer

I actually gained weight the past several days. I did weigh 287 and now I weigh 292. Pretty sure it's because of the new blood sugar medicine I'm taking. My doctor prescribed 5mg of Glipizide twice a day. My blood sugar drops to the low 70's a couple of times a day and I eat peanut butter and graham crackers to bring it back up, plus other stuff too. I've cut the pill I'm taking in half and only taking it once in the morning. So far so good. Hopefully I can get the weight I gained back off and start losing again. My goal is to weigh 250 pounds by the end of the year.

Best Answer

My starting weight was 220lbs 14/07/16

last weigh in  207lbs 13/08/16

I know I put a little biut back on this week as kinda fell of the diet wagon and had a chicken Passanda with rice. So I kinda feel bad atm. But I know it's just a little set back.

Next weigh in I shall do on Monday the same as everyone else.

Keep up the great work everyone

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

PW: 297.4 (08/07/16)

CW: 295.2 (-2.2)

Not much time this morning as I'm heading in to work.  I know this is not usually a concern for most people but I'm down over three pounds this week.  This is something I have to watch for, as overdoing it in the past landed me in the hospital twice.  I'm not going to react by raising my calories, however, my foot and ankle were bugging me yesterday so I may try and lower my output a little this week.

PW: 295.2 (08/14/16)

CW: 292.0 (-3.2)

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

well done on your weight loss, but yes, don't overdoe it, take it slowly. I did the same, so why I got the fitbit was to monitor my intake and output.

Best Answer

@Gothiic - that's what I do as well.  I also know weight loss isn't 100% linear, but this is my food report for the week:

You burn 1,169 calories more per day than you eat. To lose 1lb of fat a week, you would have to burn 500 calories more per day than you eat. Your current intake should reduce your fat weight by about 2.3 lb per week.

I usually try and eat my calories, atlhough I was eating way less 3 and 4 weeks ago and didn't lose as much.  Or maybe that's the weight loss just catching up.  I can't help it, I'm a stats person at work and I can't always turn it off.  Smiley Tongue

I look at the last 4 weeks and I get this:

8/14-8/20 - Should lose - 2.3 (3.2)  <-- technically 5 pounds as I lost more while at work  Woman Embarassed

8/07-8/13 - Should lose - 2.2 (2.2)

7/31-8/06 - Should lose - 2.9 (2.4)

7/24-7/30 - Should lose - 2.6 (1.8)

It could also be the Fitbit isn't as accurate on the crazy high burn days.  I suspect when I go home I'll look at the numbers more.

Best Answer