Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

CW - 243 -1     8 WEEK AVERAGE -0.625 LBS (-5)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 244 -0

PW - 244 -1

PW - 245 -0

PW - 245 -2

PW - 247 -2

PW - 249 -9

PW - 258 +10

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg
Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 8-May-2017: weight 62.0 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 15-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 22-May-2017: weight 62.3 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.4 kg

Current 29-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.1%, fat mass: 9.4 kg

Not much change since last week, but looks like I’ve cancelled the ill effects of my trip two weeks ago:

2017-05-29_0854.png

Looking at the bigger picture, I’m getting close to the record time spent under 64 kg (119 days, last summer):

2017-05-29_0858.png

Only 11 days missing. 64-65 kg feels like the higher end of my ideal weight range.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I love reading @Dominique's posts! They are so detailed in every way. The attention to the very finest detail is always covered and there's a chart for everything.

So different to my approach of "eat better, move more" and tweak both components as needed to keep losing. 

It just shows that there isn't only one way to achieve health goals. Our techniques can be as varied as we are. 

Another thought has just struck me. @Dominique and I are so very different in frame size that I could use the "Dom" as a unit of measure!

If One Dom = 64kg:

At the start of my journey in January, I weighed 2.22 Dom.

I'm now down to 1.85 Dom. 

My target is 1.56 Dom.

(The other view of course could be that @Dominique weighs 0.54 Dave's!)

Isn't it odd the thoughts you have as you get ready for work on a rainy Monday!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs
  • Sun, 4.16:  181.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.23:  179.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.30:  177.7 lbs
  • Sun, 5.7:    175.6 lbs
  • Sun, 5.14:  174.4 lbs
  • Sun, 5.21:  173.2 lbs
  • Mon, 5.29:  172.1 lbs

-1.1 lbs since last week

-30.2 lbs since start.  

Goal Weight: 165 lbs

Yay, another milestone passed:  I am now down 30+ pounds since I started!

My wife and I spent the last several days at a friend's townhome in Rehoboth on the Delaware shore. Lots of eating out and unstructured socializing added a few more challenges than usual to my daily calorie balance but I learned over time.  There were three couples and getting everyone moving in one direction was SLOW.  Pretty much all the meals came together 3+ hours after we started to think about going somewhere and the first time that happened I was starving.  I learned.  Yesterday, I had some unflavored yogurt mixed with frozen mangos and some protein powder with my coffee while everyone talked about where we would walk to eat breakfast.  Of course I had breakfast with everyone else too about three hours later, but since I had already eaten something during my normal breakfast time, I was able to keep myself under control for my 'second' breakfast.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

SW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 2 2017;      97.7kg

pw;                                         87.7kg

cw;                                         87kg

loss 0.7kg

TW; 70kg by Christmas 

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 158.4 05/29/2017
Last week 158.6 05/23/2017
Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Well, I had an epic work morning today (36,000 steps worth) so the numbers are good (about the same as yoga days).  I'm heading out on a bike trip to the mountains on Wednesday so lots of saddle time and eating out.  I did it last year without gaining so I'll see if I can stay as diligent this year.  Man, can I eat on a morning like this...

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 158.4 05/29/2017
Last week 158.6 05/23/2017
Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Well, I had an epic work morning today (36,000 steps worth) so the numbers are good (about the same as yoga days).  I'm heading out on a bike trip to the mountains on Wednesday so lots of saddle time and eating out.  I did it last year without gaining so I'll see if I can stay as diligent this year.  Man, can I eat on a morning like this...

Best Answer

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17
Current weight: 150.2 (went as low as 149 on 5/25)

Previous week: 151 
Weekly loss (gain): 0.8
Goal weight: 135
Short term goal: 145

I had dropped lower during the week, but between the food and the lack of activity this weekend I bounced back up. Not beating myself up. The scale is still moving. 

Best Answer

Start Weight : 202

Last week: 198

This week: 197

I'll take it, especially after Memorial Day feasting! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 251.6 (5/14/17)

CW - 249.4 (-2.2 lbs)

Progress:  110.6 lbs in 68 weeks = 1.63 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

After being down over 2 pounds last week I'm not surprised that I was only down a small amount this week.  I was lower Sat morning and even this morning, but I'm going to use Sunday's weight as that's how a weekly weigh in goes.  Work is going to be very busy the next 4 weeks so as long as I'm going down each week I'll take it.  Saturday was a bite, nibble, lick kind of a day.  I spent around 6 hours traveling the local countryside, visiting a number of farms (and a couple of places that sold plants).  I came home with a wide variety of organic products: lamb, pork, beef, alpaca, guinea fowl, honey, birch syrup, birch caramels, baklava (those last two items I took a piece of each and dropped the rest off at the plant on the way home), dandelion ice cream, leeks, tomatoes, asparagus, plants... and a goji berry bush.

I should be stopped.  I basically have almost zero free time for four weeks, and a 2-day trip out of the country week after next.  I'm going to have to keep the stuff alive until then (I know it's possible) or try and plant one or two items here and there (possible, but not ideal as some of the items are for areas that need to be completely overhauled.

Anyways, now for the purpose of the post:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 249.4 (5/21/17)

CW - 249.2 (-0.2 lbs)

Progress:  110.8 lbs in 69 weeks = 1.61 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Start                 128.5kg

Last week        119.6kg

This week        119.kg

Shrinkage         9.5kg

Mini goal           115kg

Desired             70kg

Feeling more positive about losing weight now. Enjoying getting back to eating more vegetables. It is affecting my mood too and I am more upbeat. I would like to hit the 10kg mark next week. I had lost 15kg  but I put some back on and had been on a seesaw for a while. Now I am going on the slide.

Congratulations @Baltoscott 30lbs is awesome.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

@A_Lurker I have the same problem lol. Mondays are my weigh in days but they also seem to be my highest weight of the week 🙈. Tuesday it drops massively then crawls its way back up again. But as long as every Monday is lower then the previous I'll take it 

Best Answer

Hello!  My weight is up this week, by .4 kilo.  Considering I've been at this since the end of January, it is time to get real.  There is no weight loss fairy.  I need to do the work.

I admire those of you who are doing so well. Reality check here..

Best Answer

Starting weight:
1st Jan 2017 142kg

25th Apr 2017 120.0kg
10th May 2017 118.8kg
16th May 2017 120kg :up_arrow: 😢
23rd May 2017 118.4kg

31st May 2017 117.4kg

It's still working! Weight loss so far is 24.6kg (54.2lbs for those of you still using antediluvian measures 😜).

BMI now 31.5, not long until I'll  be merely "overweight", rather than obese!

I hope to reach 25kg loss in the next week or two. At that point, I plan to put 25kg of weight in my rucksack and go for a short walk. It should certainly help to motivate me not to slip back!

Well done everyone, especially those who've plateaued or gained. Having the moral courage to come here and be accountable is half of the battle!

Best Answer

@Dave001 you made me check my bmi. 30.94 soooo close. Good work on ur loss 👍🏻

Best Answer

Thanks @EmjayH!

I'm going to have a party when my BMI gets down to 29.9.

It'll be the first time I've not been obese in very many years!

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  142.4 lbs

This Week:  142.4 lbs

Change:       0 lbs

Total Loss:  - 110.6 lbs

Goal :           125

Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts

No change again this week. I find it pretty funny that my weight is exactly spot on this morning as it was last Wednesday, even though I've seen various numbers throughout the week. 

This past week I weighed myself every day. I actually found it to be better than weighing in weekly for a few reasons. First, it takes the pressure off Wednesdays, which over the past year has become some sort of "judgement day" as far as my weight goes. Since I do it every morning now, the numbers don't seem to carry as much weight and I don't feel as much anxiety before stepping on the scale. Second, it has been very interesting seeing daily fluctuations. I've seen numbers lower and higher than what I am reporting today. And, finally, this lets me do little experiments. For example, when I went running last week, I weighed myself before I left. Then, right after I came home, before drinking anything, I weighed myself again - I lost 2 pounds of water during the run, guys! Probably a bit more because my hair was soaking wet, and I didn't want to wait for it to dry before drinking or showering. That's a huge amount of water to lose! Shows how important it is to keep on top of water intake, especially after a strenuous workout. 

Given this data, I think I know what happened with my current plateau. I lost a ton of water weight two weeks ago, more than usual, so my body has been re-hydrating to a more steady state. My average loss for month of May is 1.5 lbs per week, which is good overall. I do hope that the scale starts moving steadily down again. While I understand the science behind this plateau, I have to admit it's annoying. 

My Memorial Day 5k went pretty well. I treated it as a fun run, but had a PR anyway. I was 30 seconds faster than my previous race, and I came in 7th in my age group. The temperatures were pretty high that day, so the heat definitely slowed me down, but I didn't push myself either. 

The next 5k is coming up next week. It's going to be a trail race with moderate elevation gain (260 feet, I believe). I am excited and nervous about it! The trail races around my area attract very experienced runners, so I will definitely come in at the end of the pack. I am hoping to do at least as well as my previous trail race, but it is a different course and the temperatures will be higher, so we'll see. Overall, as long as I finish it, I'll be happy!

Best Answer

@AuroraKat wrote:

Shows how important it is to keep on top of water intake, especially after a strenuous workout. 

And during!

This is an "area for improvement" for me. I'm really good at making sure I hydrate before I run. I'm good at hydrating as soon as I get in from a run. 

But I'm dreadful at remembering to take a water bottle with me when I run.

Perhaps I should flag this as one of my areas to concentrate on during June?

Best Answer

@Dave001 - that's a great area to concentrate on! Hydration is so important, as my own experience has illustrated. 

I hydrate throughout the day. My current intake is a minimum of 3.5 liters per day. I only count tea and pure water. Incidentals such as sparkling water and coffee are omitted. On running days, I bump this up to 4 to 4.5 liters. So far, the temperatures have been low enough that I don't need hydration during running. All my runs so far are under an hour, so it works for me. But, as the temperatures climb during the summer, I will need to find a way to bring water with me. I hate carrying anything in my hands when running, so it will be an adjustment! I am looking at maybe something like a small bottle I can strap to my wrist. 

Best Answer
Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Last Week's Weight191.2 lbs
Current Weight190.8 lbs
Weekly Change-0.4 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs

This week all of a sudden it went from 60s and rainy to 90s and muggy. The change has been sudden and gross, like summer has come and punched me in the gut. As a result I keep being short on water and am not losing as much right now. Ah well, as long as the number keeps going down!

Best Answer