Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723
Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Last Week's Weight196.5 lbs
Current Weight192.1 lbs
Weekly Change-4.4 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs

I am convinced that part of that loss is from blowing my nose constantly over the past week. I am surprised that I don't have abs yet at the rate that things are going. Hopefully in the coming weeks my cold gets better because I also found out that my right shoulder blade is out of place and I have been told by a doctor that I am not allowed to play softball for 2 weeks. Smiley Sad There goes my fun exercise for Sundays for the next couple weeks. 

Best Answer

CW - 244 -0     8 WEEK AVERAGE -0.5 LBS (-4)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 244 -1

PW - 245 -0

PW - 245 -2

PW - 247 -2

PW - 249 -9

PW - 258 +10

PW - 248 -0

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs
  • Sun, 4.16:  181.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.23:  179.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.30:  177.7 lbs
  • Sun, 5.7:    175.6 lbs
  • Sun, 5.14:  174.4 lbs
  • Sun, 5.21:  173.2 lbs

-1.2 lbs since last week

-29.1 lbs since start.  

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Wow -- Today's weigh-in puts me in the "normal" BMI range for the first time in nearly 3 years.  Woohoo!!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 251.2 (5/7/17)

CW - 251.6 (+0.4 lbs)

Progress:  108.4 lbs in 67 weeks = 1.62 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

I'm still plagued with sinus problems.  I also didn't go back to calorie counting.  I did however go back to planning meals and eating in a more deliberate manner.  Ideally this is what I want to do until I'm closer to my goal weight.  I do very much believe that the overall goal is to create a calorie deficit. For those that don't know me this last week included planned breakfasts (mostly baked eggs, a couple of days of protein bars), planned lunches (homemade farro/veggie salad with cheese and grilled meat, pizza one day, crab cakes and a berry feta salad with chicken last Sunday) and planned dinners (mostly meats and roast veggies, but one night with cabbage rolls a piece of patychky and perogies).  In general these days included 3 servings of fruit and ~300 cals of junk each day.

ETA:  Oops, forgot that Friday included a drive through burger (just with water, no fries) and a homemade lime cooler with vodka.

Oh, and I saw a new badge this week:  badge_goal_weight110.png

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 251.6 (5/14/17)

CW - 249.4 (-2.2 lbs)

Progress:  110.6 lbs in 68 weeks = 1.63 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Congrats @Baltoscott!  That's awesome!  Keep up the good work!

Best Answer

SW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016;  123kg

SW (Fitbit) Mach 02 2017;      97.7kg

last Monday May 15;              88.5kg

CW Monday May 22;              87.7

loss this week 0.8kg 

ive slowly been increasing my calories to cut back to about a half kilo weight loss per week so looking good

Best Answer

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg
Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 8-May-2017: weight 62.0 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 15-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Current 22-May-2017: weight 62.3 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.4 kg
Mini goal: BF 14.0%
Ultimate: BF 12.5% (e.g. weight: 64 kg, fat mass: 8 kg, lean mass: 56 kg)

Slight increase in weight and fat mass (inertia effect of TrendWeight), but I’ve managed to cancel out about half the weight I gained during my four-day conference trip/binge. I’ll probably need the forthcoming week to cancel out the other half and be back where I was before the trip.

I’ve added wood chopping to my strength training Smiley LOL. I record my "sessions" as workouts on my Surge and Charge 2, which credit me with about 215-230 calories burned per 30 minutes. Don’t know how accurate the numbers are: on the one hand, the impact of the ax gives be some extra steps (about 1200 in 30 minutes); on the other hand, my HR is elevated (avg about 120 bpm) the whole time, so it’s also cardio. 2 x 30 minutes per day is a great way to be more active, plus I’ll have some firewood for 2018/2019 winter.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Start                 128.5kg

Last week        119kg

This week        119.6kg

Shrinkage         8.9kg

Mini goal           115kg

Desired             70kg

Put the 600g I had lost last week back on again. Not a happy camper.

I have realised that I have stopped putting my weight loss first and it is showing. I have been static for a while now.

I also walked past a shop window and caught sight of myself and actually saw me as I am not how I am in my minds eye. It is strange how you can look in a mirror and not actually see what is there when you dont want too. A friend took a photo of me that I really don't like because I can see me.

I am feeling a frump in my clothes and cannot wear shoes I like because I cannot walk in them. I have so many shoes stored in boxes waiting. 

WAKE UP CALL. GET BACK TO IT. 

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

I missed last week on account of spending several days at our local children's hospital with my child (turned out to be a REALLY bad case of the stomach flu) and I missed several days of weigh-ins. Plus, I didn't do so great with the stress of it all. Didn't do horrible like eat everything in sight but wasn't on my game either. Any-who, here is this weeks numbers. 

Starting weight: ~241+ lbs
Current weight: 181 lbs
Last week's weight: 183.2 lbs
Weight lost this week: -2.2 lbs
Total weight lost: 60 lbs

Weight left to lose: 21 lbs
Mini-goal: <180 lbs
Goal weight: ~160

Best Answer

Starting weight: 316.0 lbs
Current weight: 294.0 lbs
Last week's weight: 295.4 lbs
Weight lost this week: -1.4 lbs
Total weight lost: 22 lbs

Weight left to lose: 164.0 lbs
Mini-goal: <290.0 lbs
Goal weight: 130 lbs

Really shocked and happy - ate quite a bit more this weekend but I also worked more too,

Best Answer

I haven't posted in, in a couple of weeks because I knew I had crashed and burned. But managed to pull myself back on track last week. Hit the trails hard this weekend for exercise and I am back to eating better. I've lost this last week but only what I had put on during my binge. I did 20 miles this weekend between walking, hiking and running. Super proud of that. Now to keep the Kimber ball rolling, lol 

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17
Current weight: 151
Previous week: 153.6 on 5/14
Weekly loss (gain): 2.6
Goal weight: 135
Short term goal: 145

edit: This may get long so be prepared. I used to be a runner. I was never fast but i trained and showed up. I've done 12 half marathons, 3 full's and 2 ultra marathons. then i got diagnosed with lupus. The diagnosis came after a particularly hot and hard training run shortly after i had moved to Colorado. I ran for a few more weeks but it was too exhausting. I was suffering form way to much fatigue and I quit. Since then I have walked and hiked and gone to the gym a few times but have been afraid of pushing myself for fear of getting really sick. This weekend I challenged myself to walk a half marathon. Nothing formal just get out on the trail and walk 13.1 for world goal day. I did it! I saw tons of runners and felt sad and blue knowing i no longer was a runner. Sunday morning I strapped the old running shoes and headed out for 5 miles. It was hard because i haven't been training but felt empowered too. So far so good, I didn't wake up with the tell tale joint pain. I have really let fear of my disease hold me back. I have decided to train for a half marathon again. Fingers crossed I can tolerated it. Thanks for listening. 

Best Answer

@Kimbur96 Just keep going, you are doing great!! You are almost to your goal!!! Do not get discouraged when you do gain a little or stall out. Your body some times will just do that. Stay positive and you will see the results that you want. Keep it up!!

Best Answer

Starting weight - 158.6 on 5/22/16

Goal weight - 125

Best Answer

Starting weight  310 lbs

01.01.2016 - 310 lbs

05.31.2016 - 280 lbs

11.01.2016 -280 lbs

01.01.2017 - 295 lbs

02.01.2017 - 286 lbs

03.01.2017 - 283 lbs
03.22.2017 - 273 lbs

03.30.2017 - 270.5 lbs
04.21.2017 - 275 lbs
CW 05.22.2017 - 280 lbs

Hi everyone.
So another month went by and 5 more lbs back.
So 2 months with not a lot of training, a wedding, a 8 day honeymoon, a 3 week mom as guest with her amazing homemade food.
So after got back from honeymoon which was May 8th I've been maintaining the 280 lbs for the past 2 weeks.
I worked out a little and played soccer 2 days but the problem is motivation and portions.
First I so got used to eat more when mom was here and when was on vacation that it's hard to bring the portions down.
I eat something and 1-2 hours afterwards I'm starving. So I try to fight with it by drinking water and having fruits but it kills the hunger only for a little bit. Also I wake up during the night and without realizing I eat something.
Mostly is peanut butter or a banana or some ham.
Don't have a lot of bad food around.

And motivation is a problem. Just can't force myself getting back in the gym.
The minute I get there I'm thinking already how much longer until I'm done.

I've been dealing with some important papers for the last 2 weeks so that might be it too, but I feel drained.

I hope this week will be the breaking point cause this is how it happened last year and around this time I kinda gave up on counting calories and working out a whole lot and ended up gaining 15 lbs.

So number 1 problem is PORTION SIZE

Number 2 is MOTIVATION TO GO TO THE GYM
Number 3 is ENERGY (not a whole lot)

Just a little bit about my habits.
I drink 2 liters or more of water a day.
With sleep I try to get 7-8 hours which is pretty good(used to get only 5-6 hours before I start my journey again back in january)

I try to eat pretty clean: Meat like pork, chicken and beef (love it and don't think I will ever be able to give up on it); Fish at least 2-3 times a month; Yogurt every day as a morning snack beside the weekend days; Cheese; cottage cheese and fruits( bananas, cheries, strawberies, grapes) as snacks.
I know that I definitely don't eat enough veggies and I'm trying for dinner always to have meat with some salad but most of the times it's only meat.

So what do I do?
How do I get back on track? Increase my veggies intake and getting my motivation back?

Thanks everyone for ideas.

Best Answer

Hi Grigonic.  Based on all the lifestyle changes for that period of time, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for the 5 lbs up.  It could have been much worse.

I can totally relate to the non motivation and overwhelmed feelings around bringing activity levels up and portion sizes down.  It sounds like you know how it all works, and you should give yourself credit for that.  My suggestion, would be to break down these 'need to do's and choose one thing at a time.  Something small, maybe start with only choosing 1/2 banana for midnight snack, instead of calorie packed peanut butter.  Prepare your snack before bed, and be ready for it.

Then you can move onto adjusting each meal's portions down one at a time, increase those veggies.

Skip the gym for a week if you're not enjoying it, BUT replace it with something you do enjoy.  Make up for it with long walks instead.

Go easy on yourself.  Just my 2cents from lots of experience.  You got this.

Best Answer

@Clarker86 I am glad your child is on the mend.  That must have been so stressful!

Best Answer

@jlowThanks

That's the problem that I know what's going on and why I gained and why I maintain.

I really want though to keep going. Cause I fell of the track last time and don't want it to happen again.
I'm just trying to figure how to get that motivation back.
And about the portions even if I have small portions, I get hungry very fast and I need to have something to tame it down.
Like yesterday morning for example i had 2 sausage links with 2 eggs and a slice of toast.
And 2 hours after I was hungry like a wolf.

And another thing to is let's say you go to grocery store, and you get let's say ham, turkey breast, sausage, smoked fish and other stuff and when you know all this is in the fridge you just can't stop thinking about it. Just wanna have a piece of everything.
And I could go to the store everyday let's say. But the store I get my meats from is kinda far from where I live so I go 1 or 2 times a month and try to stack up.
And basically I try to stack up so I have it for a while for a while lunch meat for work.

But here is the question.
How do you have your fridge full and not think about all the stuff in there
How do you have ice cream in the freezer and eat a cup every night and not half of the container.
How do you tame that hunger and keep you mind off of all this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you eating many sugars?? Real or fake it doesn't matter. Either way they kill ur bodies ability to understand it's full. Also refined carbs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmjayH

I don't drink alcohol very often.
Just occasionally.

Don't really use sugar in coffee or tea and stay away from sweet drinks like coke, fanta,.....
I love sweets though, but I've been staying away from them.
Every now and then maybe some ice cream, PBJ, a cookie or some chocolate.
But it's very rare.
All the sugar I'm trying to get from fruits, even though I used to love cakes and all sweets, but for the past 2 years I've been doing very well about that.

ALso I stay away from pasta, potatoes and bread.
I use whole grain bread for a sandwich or for toast on the weekends

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Grigonic i have a similar thing where I eat breakfast at 7am or so and by 9 I am ready to eat again. I have found that by tweaking what I am eating and anticipating that hunger I am better able to map out my meals for the day. For example, I know that if i eat a protein filled breakfast, think a protein shake or oatmeal, rather than a bowl of cereal I will feel fuller longer. Also I bring some snacks with, like 1 oz of dry roasted almonds, or a bag of carrots and some hummus, to eat between meals.

If that doesn't help maybe try splitting up your three big meals a day into 5 - 6 smaller meals so that you are getting those calories more often. Just keep in mind that they would be smaller because you would be eating more often. 

For the ice cream, if you must get it, try getting the single serving items and limit yourself to one at a time. It is easier for counting and limiting yourself than if you have to scoop yourself a bowl of ice cream. 

Best Answer
0 Votes