Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@Dave001 Thank you so much for your encouragement! I struggle a lot with self-doubt when it comes to running. Even when it comes to my regular weekly runs, which are not races or in any way competitive, I always think that I'll fail. This is completely illogical because ever since I started C25K five months ago, I haven't "failed" a run. I completed each C25K segment successfully and I never had to stop mid-run until I reached my goal mileage for the day. And yet, every time I go out running, I doubt myself and think that today will be the day when I'll fail miserably. 

This is why I had the goal of not being last yesterday. In my mind, if I came last, it means I failed. Meanwhile, I absolutely don't think that the last runner yesterday failed in any way. I stayed at the finish line and cheered everyone who came after me. When it comes to myself, though, I find that I am very judgmental and unforgiving. I guess I still keep thinking of myself as the fat girl who gets out of breath walking up a flight of stairs. The fact that I can actually run a 5k still hasn't fully registered. I know this sounds bizarre, but I struggle with these thoughts daily when it comes to my fitness. I hope eventually they will go away and will be replaced with some semblance of confidence. 

Best Answer

@Cottongrass- I'm getting better as I go along this time in figuring out what I need.  It's important to note that I definitely credit the data I get from my fitbit.  In my work I'm a numbers geek that works on problems.  I know that the data may not be 100% accurate but it is consistent enough that I feel that I can make decisions based on facts.

On your slip and the comment about rapid weight gain.  Let me start by saying that I'm most definitely not anti-carb.  I just took a nice big bowl of mixed fruit tonight as a snack.  However, a lot of people when they fall off the wagon do so taking in more carbs (sometimes fat) but usually in combination with carbs.  If you're following a lower carb diet and you binge on carbs it plays games with your glycogen stores.  Your body will quickly replenish those stores and with that comes lots of water.

Usually I try and tell people not to let the scale affect their mood, but I understand why it does.  Just continue with your good habits, drink plenty of water, and keep moving.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@tamado wrote:

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.8 05/08/2017
Last week 157.8 05/01/2017
Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

I had a three hour sleep due to an allergy attack last night so I worked the minimum and didn't work out this morning so I am not surprised to be logging higher.   I looked back today and realized it's been just over a year since I quit logging what I eat.  That means for over a year I have been eating "intuitively" and maintaining and even continuing to lose weight.  That is a huge victory for me.  I trusted myself to eat what I felt I needed and see what the results are and so far I'm crushing it.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud.

@Dominique, I stopped by a gym last week and they had one of those fancy electronic BMI testers (she said it was the most accurate thing other than submersion).  She measured me at 9.8% so that seems a lot more realistic and still a phenomenal number.  I estimate that I started weight loss around 40% BF so I am blown away by this.  

I think that the inherent benefit of calorie counting for me is having gained a keen sense of smart versus dumb choices. I don't actually need to log what I'm eating at this point to know how I'm doing, if I go higher at lunch in terms of calorie payload I know it and intuitively adjust later in the day. And it's not that I'm not logging, it's just that I don't need to consult my current consumption rate to know where I am or affect my choices.

The ultimate payout for a successful weight loss journey is to convert it into a successful weight management strategy, thus my reason for not liking diets.

Best Answer

@Dominique, yes I meant body fat.  

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg
As you can see in this sample image, you can be a ripped 10% or a scrawny 10%.  I'm somewhere in between.  My extra skin on my gut covers my six pack a fair bit but my arms are getting pretty vascular.

2017-04-19 09.56.29-1.jpg

This is actual me a few weeks ago.  Again, I can only go by the numbers as they come up but I'm trying to get an accurate idea.

Best Answer

@tamado wrote:

@Dominique, yes I meant body fat.  

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

LOL.  In my mind, my weight loss destination is door number 1.  In the mirror, I think door number 2 is a lot more likely! (Though I probably won't go down to 10%). 

@tamado - I've been catching up on some of your old posts in this thread (before I joined it).  As many have said already, your journey has been amazing and inspiring.  I was glad to see your recent post noting that you stopped logging food about a year ago without gaining weight.  That makes for a great transition from losing to maintaining.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

im not losing weight because i just love food too much and im average weight so food is life brah

Best Answer
0 Votes

@A_Lurker Thank you. Yes I also find the fitbit data a helpful guide although I think it's a bit generous, it is consistent, so I  adjust downwards as I go along. To start with I didn't lose weight as I ate the recommended amount, but I'm aiming for -750-1000 now and that seems to be working at about -1lb a week on average which is roughly what I want to achieve.

About the carbs...I'm not specifically aiming to reduce carbs but I do notice that when I have a gain it is the carbs that seem to have done it, and of course you're quite right,  that is what I crave when I do...

Can you say more about the water? I don't particularly make an effort to drink a lot of water although I notice it's something people mention from time to time. I drink hot water with lemon first thing in the morning and a couple of glasses through the day, but otherwise drink herbal tea/ breakfast tea with milk and the occasional low cal fizzy drink. Probably about 1500ml a day in total. Is there a reason to drink more if I am not thirsty?

I'm doing my best with the mood thing--reminding myself this is a long term project, but it did take me a couple of days to get my head straight last week!

Thank you so much for your support. I love hearing about the progress of others on the list. I am even wondering about having a go at Couch to 5K myself after hearing of your success with it!! Thank you for being the inspiration you are!

Best Answer

SW 24/3/17 163lbs
31/3/17 162 -1
6/4/17 161 -1
14/4/17 160 -1
20/4/17 158 -2
27/4/17 157 -1
5/5/17 157.5 +0.5

11/5/17 155.4 -2.1

Pleased to have made up for my gain last week. Finally feeling back on track again. I'm determined to do this!  

Best Answer
Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Last Week's Weight195.4 lbs
Current Weight196.5 lbs
Weekly Change+1.1 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs

I am actually ok with that gain. My family goes out to eat once a week together and I made good choices, it just contained more salt than the rest of my meals do so I am retaining more water. It will be gone in the next day or so. It has happened before, it will happen again. My weekly average this week is down from last week and at this point that is what really matters to me.

Best Answer

@Cottongrass- I saw this the other day, but thought I'd correct you tonight.  Although the Couch to 5K is a great program I personally haven't done it.  Although I know people who have done it at higher weights if/when I do it I want to be closer to a goal weight.  I've got decades of abuse on my knees carrying way too much weight, so I personally don't want to risk it.  Years ago I used to do 5-10k walks most days of the week when I had a semester off school (I was a mature student) and I would do a little jogging here and there, but nothing sustained.  Even now I'll push up the treadmill speed a little, but not for any length of time.

Oh, and on the water thing, there's a couple of reasons you should keep yourself hydrated.  Sometimes hunger can actually be thirst.  If you think you're hungry take a big glass of water and wait for a bit.  Also, I find that when I don't drink enough water that my body will hold as much as it can (thinking that maybe the next drink isn't coming).  If your salt intake isn't consistent an overly salty meal will also cause you to retain water - drinking more flushes it out.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

CW - 244 -1     8 WEEK AVERAGE -0.875 LBS (-7)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 245 -0

PW - 245 -2

PW - 247 -2

PW - 249 -9

PW - 258 +10

PW - 248 -0

PW - 248 -3

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 251.4 (4/30/17)

CW - 251.2 (-0.2 lbs)

Progress:  108.8 lbs in 66 weeks = 1.65 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

So, last of the rest weeks.  I'm switching up my hours at work for a little while to see if I can get into a routine.  I've been working 6am-2:30 two days a week (Wed/Fri) but it's messing up my sleep patterns.  I'm trying to get to bed by 9pm the nights before the early mornings, but if I'm late leaving work on Tuesday night (ie. 4:30 becomes almost 6pm) I can't get to sleep.  Then I leave work that next day at 2:30 and I end up having a nap - this means I don't get to sleep well Wed night, this follows through and then by Friday night I'm the same.  So for at least a couple of weeks to start with I'm going to do 6am-2:30 all days.  Most of my meetings are earlier in the day, and it may mean I have to pick up my work emails on my phone later in the day, but I'm thinking it might help.

I'm thinking that I'll get home before 3pm, work in the garden until at least 5pm each night, then go in and put something in the oven for dinner (or at least prepped) then work out, swim, whatever.  Dinner no later than 7:30 and then again, try for bed at 9pm.  That was another area I failed at last week - some nights I'd be eating dinner at 8:30.  Last week this led to take out lunches, drive through dinner one night, catered lunch at work on Friday and drinks and nibbles yesterday... okay I'm up 0.4lbs this week.  Not sure if it's true gain or water, but we'll see how it goes next week.  I'm also going back to calorie counting for a couple of weeks at least to see where I am.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 251.2 (5/7/17)

CW - 251.6 (+0.4 lbs)

Progress:  108.4 lbs in 67 weeks = 1.62 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Best Answer

Reporting in ...

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs
  • Sun, 4.16:  181.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.23:  179.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.30:  177.7 lbs
  • Sun, 5.7:    175.6 lbs
  • Sun, 5.14:   174.4 lbs

-1.2 lbs since last week

-27.9 lbs since start.  

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

SW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 02 2017;    97.7kg

Last weeks weight May 07;    89.3kg

CW May 16;                            88.5kg

TW;                                          70kg Dec 2017

Best Answer

Start                 128.5kg

Last week        119.6kg

This week        119kg

Shrinkage         9.5kg

Mini goal           115kg

Desired             70kg

Lost 600 grams this week.

In my neck of the woods we are moving into winter. I get a lot more interested in cooking in the cooler months and eat much better. Also the cooler weather makes me move more.

I am happy with my activity levels. I have moved up to a higher level of fitness. Not by doing anything specific just being more active. 

Loving my new Alta. The heart rate and the improved sleep monitoring are interesting to me.

The reason I bought my first Fitbit was to monitor my sleep as I suffer with restless legs and sleep can be an issue. This is another reason why I like winter as I sleep much better. 

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

You are doing great, keep up the good work!!! I started 3/7/17 @ 316 pounds. Down to 296.4 pounds, got moving so the weight is moving down!!! I usually weigh on Sundays. My average steps has gone up from 3013 for a week to 6453. Gotta keep moving.

Best Answer

It happens, the thing is don't give up, keep moving forward!!! You are doing great!!

Best Answer

You can do it!!!! Just keep swimming, walking or what ever, just move!!!!

Best Answer

@Pamala - Great job, baby steps and you will get there. Just keep moving!!!

Best Answer

Thank you @Big.to.lil.em.  tomorrow is weigh in day for me.  I am not too concerned about numbers at the moment.  My 'summer' trousers were too little for me when I started my weight loss journey.  Two weeks ago I could get into them,but not comfortably.  Today they fit!!  They fit perfectly!  

Best Answer