Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.8 08/21/2017
Last week 158.4 08/10/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Well, up 1.5 lbs after a week of vacation seems reasonable.  I tried to continue mindful eating but with lower output levels it's difficult to know how much to reduce input.  I also probably drank a dozen beer over the week and had waffles with breakfast too many mornings.  Even waffles used to mean I had waffles for breakfast, now I still made sauteed vegetables and eggs with salsa and had a much smaller portion of waffle and not nearly as loaded with syrup (small drizzle with a bunch of berries).  The differences matter.  I didn't deprive myself but I didn't go off the rails.  I'll try to eat lean and clean for a couple of weeks to trim it back off but I'm not freaking out.

Best Answer
Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Last Week's Weight188.6 lbs
Current Weight191 lbs
Weekly Change+2.4 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs

As much as I am not a fan of that weight gain, I have been hitting the weights pretty hard and my loose clothes say more than the scale at this point. Also, I spent 6 days in Montana visiting my best friend including a day spent hiking a mountain where my burn was almost 6000 calories. I am not worried at this point, I will continue on doing what I am doing and hopefully my body will adjust to having more muscle and get rid of some of the excess fat.

Best Answer

@tamado  I am inspired by both your weight loss as well as your ability to sustain your lifestyle long term.

I would think that, having lost 105 pounds through deliberate personal action, you have the confidence to know you can bring your weight back to where ever you choose.

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here, you'd think I'd be confident by now, but only kind of.  After 30 years of obesity this body and lifestyle are still very new to me.  I have seen people lose weight around me and have put it back on already.  I do not want to be so arrogant as to think that it can't happen to me.  I am working at living in a state of mindfulness and using that replace constant vigilance.  The result is similar, the stress level is very different.  

My kids baked cupcakes yesterday, I had a bite and I dipped one of my fresh cherries in the icing.  That was enough.  I complimented them on the taste and a good job - I did not need to eat a whole one to accomplish that.  A touch of sweet means I am not worried about the impact today as I would be if I had eaten a whole one.  They also wrote a parody to "Honey I'm Good" for me.  I remember...
Na, na, honey I'm good, I could have dessert but I probably shouldn't

I've got a salad at home and if I stay I might just eat it all.
It's fun to have them observing my journey.  To see me living healthy and mindfully but enjoying an indulgence now and again without beating myself up.
One day at a time...

Best Answer

@almost_where wrote:

CW - 262 +23     8 WEEK AVERAGE +2.125 LBS (+17)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 239 -2 

@almost_where: what happened?! I had a look at my 10 kg dumbbell and thought to myself there’s no way anyone can lose or gain that much in just one week (even if it’s water retention). This must be a measurement error, or your scale broke down.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@EmjayH wrote:

If ur diet is 90% perfect then you can indulge in a bad 10% lol. 

@EmjayH: yes, flexible dieting at its best! Amazing progress, btw.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@Dominique

I wish it was a scale error but I use a doctors mechanical scale (the ones with the sliders). I was honestly surprised with the number as well. I was thinking I averaged maybe 8k calories for each of the 10 days around. So (8k-2.5k) 5.5k over x 10 days = 55,000 / 3,500 = 16lbs and maybe the rest was just excess food/water/sodium retention. Next weigh in will be revealing for sure.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@tamado wrote:

@Daves_Not_Here, you'd think I'd be confident by now, but only kind of.  After 30 years of obesity this body and lifestyle are still very new to me.  I have seen people lose weight around me and have put it back on already.  I do not want to be so arrogant as to think that it can't happen to me.  I am working at living in a state of mindfulness and using that replace constant vigilance.  The result is similar, the stress level is very different.  

@tamado Well, I salute you and anyone who, through deliberate action, lives a better life for themselves, and by extension, for the others they influence.  It's inspirational for those of us who struggle to do the same thing.

Best Answer

Start 128.5kg

Last week 116.9kg

This week 116.9kg

Shrinkage 11.6kg

Mini goal 115kg

Desired 70kg

Stayed the same. I am not really surprised at this. My head has not been in the right space. I am back to basics today and menu planning before I go shopping.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Good morning!  

We returned from vacation and I actually lost .4 kilo!!

It helps to plan in times to eat and what to eat.  That sounds easy, but when I am home it is so easy to graze.  

It is back to work on Monday which will mean more steps.

SW-80 kilo

CW- 77 kilo

GW-I am not sure.  68 would mean not overweight, but I would be happy with 70

Best Answer

@Pamala -- congratulations-- it always seems like such an accomplishment to make through a vacation or holiday season without gaining weight, but sometimes those kinds of changes in routine turn into real learning experiences.  Well done!  Now that you are back in real life you can start moving some of those gazing opportunities out of the house. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

About to enter the weekend eat/drink face-stuffing phase

Weight 8-25.JPG

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  127.8 lbs

This Week:  127.8 lbs

Change:       0 lbs

Total Loss:  - 125.2 lbs

Goal :           transition to maintenance (130-135 lb range) before starting a bulk cycle

Nothing interesting to report. Weight seems to be holding on. We'll see what happens next week!

Best Answer

Another month almost gone ...

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs (starting weight)

Ave. daily calorie consumption for week preceding weigh-in.

• Sun, 7.9:     166.6 lbs
  • Sun, 7.16:   165.3 lbs
  • Sun, 7.23:   163.8 lbs --- Yay!  Blew right through my goal!!
  • Sun, 7.30:   162.5 lbs
  • Sun, 8.6:     161.7 lbs    2395
  • Sun, 8.13:   160.8 lbs    2329
  • Sun, 8.20:   160.1 lbs    2665
  • Sun, 8.27:   159.3 lbs    2585

-0.8 lbs since last week

-43 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Since the weight is still coming off you wouldn't think I've been increasing my calories, but I have. Gradually, though, since I am trying to find maintenance.  I added a column above for my average daily calorie consumption during the week prior to each weigh-in.  

I don't think I'm off-setting the increase calories with more exercise.  According to fitbit, my calories burned from exercise has been pretty steady at around 2250/day over the month.  (I've said this before, but for me at least, fitbits calorie burned calculations are overstated.  If they were correct, I would have regularly lost 3-4 lbs/week rather than the 1.5 lbs/wk I actually lost over the past 8 months).

I'll try to add another couple hundred calories/day and see how things shake out in a couple of weeks.  (On vacation next week, so no weight report until the second Sunday in September).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

I know a round number is just that, a round number, but congrats @Baltoscott for breaking through 160! I know you’ve had a smartscale and been on Fitbit for a long time, but I no longer remember if you’ve ever been that light during your entire Fitbit history? It’s weird the weight is still falling in spite of adding calories, right? What are your plans regarding your goal range: will you let it fluctuate freely between 160 and 170 and only react if/when the weight gets close to the boundaries, or will you go for "reverse dieting" (aka "metabolic building"), ie. try to get it up in a controlled way?

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

CW - 266 +4     8 WEEK AVERAGE +2.4 LBS (+24)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 262 +23

PW - 239 -2

PW - 241 -5

PW - 246 +2

PW - 244 -0

PW - 244 -7

PW - 251 +9

Time to get crackin

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

I know a round number is just that, a round number, but congrats @Baltoscott for breaking through 160! I know you’ve had a smartscale and been on Fitbit for a long time, but I no longer remember if you’ve ever been that light during your entire Fitbit history? It’s weird the weight is still falling in spite of adding calories, right? What are your plans regarding your goal range: will you let it fluctuate freely between 160 and 170 and only react if/when the weight gets close to the boundaries, or will you go for "reverse dieting" (aka "metabolic building"), ie. try to get it up in a controlled way?

Had to go back and check my old bike records, @Dominique.  I was last below 160 lbs for 4 months (Sept - December) in 1998. (I started keeping weight logs in 1996).  I began using fitbits in 2011.  My bike mileage was way over the top in 1998: 800 miles/month or more for July, August, September and October.  Wound up with 5,754 miles on the bike that year!  (By comparison, my yearly average over the past 20 years is about 3500 miles/year -- though I may make it to 4000 this year).

My game plan for the weight going forward is to try and maintain my current weight for three or four weeks and then begin a bulking phase of about 0.5 lb/week until I get to 170.  I will continue to focus on increasing my lifts over the next 6 months or so in the basic barbell exercises (squat, deadlift, bench press and military press) to try and pack on some muscle.  Then I will try to reduce back down to see if the body fat percentages have improved over my first trip through the 160s.  

When I started this in January, I had 165 in mind as my long term maintenance weight because I think I've always looked best at that weight.  But that may change if I really can build some muscle.  I'm not sure I can.  My body composition at this point seems very similar to what it was at similar weights in 1998.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

USW (pre Fitbit) 14 Nov 2016; 123kg

SW(Fitbit) 02 March 2017;        97.7kg

PW 07 August;                          78.5kg

PW 14 August;                          77.9kg

PW 21 August;                          77.3kg

CW 28 August;                          76.9kg

loss this week 400g

total loss       46.1kg

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.8 08/28/2017
Last week 159.8 08/21/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

So, no change on paper but in my head this is ok.  Last week I went to hot yoga before I weighed in and that sweats off a lot so I am thinking my weigh in would have been higher last week without it.  That means I gained more than I thought on my vacation but it also means I have lost a little of it this week.  Either way, I have controlled the momentum and expect to shave it back down over the next few weeks.  I drove close to 2000 miles this weekend moving my sister and I managed to stay on track eating again.  I packed tons of food in two coolers.  Fruit, cooked meat, chopped salad and a homemade dressing.  A quick stop meant a salad on a plastic plate and back on the road.  A bottle of water and a handful of nuts while I was hungry driving, etc.  

2017-08-25 13.47.32 - shrunk.jpg

Road salad - homemade vinaigrette with pulled pork and a bit of potato salad on the side.  

Best Answer

@EmjayH I am Canadian and should speak metric better than I do but I am still stuck in lbs for body weight.  I suddenly realized the scale of your loss and did the math to gain perspective.
For the Americans and fellow metrically challenged Canadians on this page, you have lost over 100 lbs and gone from 270 to just under 170lbs in 10 months!  That's fantastic, I would love for you to tell your story some time.  Are you on a program or just on your own?  How are you eating?  Is exercise a major part of your loss?  Anyway, congratulations on an under celebrated victory due to you know...metric.

Best Answer