Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

CW - 239 -2     8 WEEK AVERAGE -1 LBS (-8)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 241 -5

PW - 246 +2

PW - 244 -0

PW - 244 -7

PW - 251 +9

PW - 242 -2

PW - 244 -3

Hit my original fitbit goal of losing a total of 123 lbs. I"ve reset the UGW and an going to push for 220 lbs.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Time to check in ...

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs (starting weight)

• Sun, 6.25:   168.0 lbs --- Whoa, the year is 1/2 gone ... last weigh-in for June.
  • Sun, 7.2:     167.1 lbs
  • Sun, 7.9:     166.6 lbs
  • Sun, 7.16:   165.3 lbs
  • Sun, 7.23:   163.8 lbs --- Yay!  Blew right through my goal!!
  • Sun, 7.30:   162.5 lbs
  • Sun, 8.6:     161.7 lbs
  • Sun, 8.13:   160.8 lbs

-0.9 lbs since last week

-41.5 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Wow, @Baltoscott: you shed off more than a fifth of your weight in eight months, truely impressive! What are you going to do with the clothes you wore at 200 lbs? Do you have enough clothes for 160 lbs?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have no clothes. 🙈😔 Need to go on a shopping spree 😍😍

Best Answer

@Dominique -- I don't have any comparison data with my withings scales for my current weight, but when I got down to 189 on March 6, 2017 I checked the same weight reading from about a year earlier and there was no real difference.  

March 26, 2016:  189 lbs / 26.7% BF

March 7, 2017:    189 lbs / 26.6% BF

Of course, as my weight has gone down, so has my body fat percentage, but when I look back at my records over time, it doesn't seem like the BF% at a given weight is ever any better or worse (when using the same scale, of course.  I get a huge range when using different methods or devices to calculate BF% at a given moment in time).  

Historically my fitness regime has consisted of lots of walking/biking and body weight exercises, with only occasional genuine training with heavy weights.  So I haven't really focused on exercise designed to increase muscle.  I've been lifting since January this year, but have been spinning my wheels a bit and have not increased the amount of weight in my lifts much.  I'm really going to focus on that for the rest of the year as I move into my bulk phase and see if that makes a difference.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

It's easy to feel frustrated and lose motivation.  Hopefully you will persevere and with the support of this forum continue to see results.  It is so worth it for many reasons.  I gained back some of the weight I had lost but am now ready to begin again.  

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

Wow, @Baltoscott: you shed off more than a fifth of your weight in eight months, truely impressive! What are you going to do with the clothes you wore at 200 lbs? Do you have enough clothes for 160 lbs?

I'm going to go shopping with @EmjayH !

Seriously, I had a limited wardrobe at 200lbs because I didn't want to concede that was my permanent weight.  I dropped all those clothes at the Goodwill a couple of months ago.  Probably 2/3s of what I have left fits when I'm in the 180s, and fits tightly when I'm in the 190s.  I still wear some of those with a belt but they definitely look too big. Most of them will probably go over the next few months.  About three weeks ago I went to a sale at Kohls (discount store in the US) to pick up some new shorts and walked out after dropping $500.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

USW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 02 2017;       97.7kg

PW July 03;                               81.6kg

PW July 10;                               81.2kg

PW July 17;                               81.2kg

PW July 24;                               80.6kg

PW July 31;                               79.2kg

PW Aug 7;                                 78.5kg

CW Aug 14;                               77.9kg

weeks loss 600g

Total loss 45.1kg

current target 70kg by Christmas 

Best Answer

Week 11: August 14, 2017

Highest Weight: 305.5 lbs

Weight last week: 297.2

Now: 297.6

Loss this last week: +.6

Loss to date: -7.9

It was another not great week for me. I really didn’t track what I was eating, and I didn’t get my steps in most of the days. I could blame it on work, but I know it’s a matter of setting my own priorities, and I didn’t. Plain and simple.

So back to basics this week. The good news is, it doesn’t look like last week de-railed me too much. But in order for it to not send me straight back to where I was, I have to refocus.

Goal for next Monday: 296.5 (again)

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  131.2 lbs

This Week:  127.8 lbs

Change:       - 3.4 lbs

Total Loss:  - 125.2 lbs

Goal :           transition to maintenance (130-135 lb range) before starting a bulk cycle

Well, today's weigh-in was surprising, though not fully unexpected. Ever since getting into 140s, my body started losing weight in chunks. I will go almost a month with hardly any loss and then - boom! pounds fly off. This trend correlates to my cycle in a very predictable way. I am sure this was happening when I was heavier as well, but a quicker rate of loss and lack of daily weigh-ins masked the water retention. I would have weeks when I only lost 0.5 pounds, even though I was at a theoretical 2 pound per week deficit. Then, following weeks I'd lose 2.5, 3 or even 4 pounds. This is why I recommend daily weigh-ins for ladies especially - our hormones play a huge role in water retention. Once you know your trends, you can predict scale plateaus (which are ultimately just water retention, you are still losing fat!) and not stress about them quite so much. 

Unfortunately, my body is going to make it difficult for me to figure out maintenance. I was pretty sure that I was comfortably settled into the 130s-135s, but I was wrong. I'll increase my calories again for the following month and see where I'm at in September. 

Thank you for your kind words, @Dominique! I can't wait to start bulking, but I really need to figure out where my maintenance is at, which is proving to be difficult. But, I'll get there in a few months, I'm sure. I so look forward to bulking. I really want to build up my upper body especially. 

Best Answer

thats awsome @AuroraKat .

Ihave seen your progress from January and thats amazing. Really need some guidance here.. 

Do you  have cheat days and craving ? How do you get over it?

and do you change workouts after a significant loss?

The reason iam asking is because i lost 42 pounds over 8 months and iam here from past 2 months.

I do running and little weights and doing intermittent fasting as well. but for some reason i just hover between 2-3 lbs up and down  these days. NOt losing hope but feels like puzzle as i donno what else i can do as of now 🙂 have another 15 lbs to go.

So want to know the what worked for you to have a steady loss even if it in chuncks.

Best Answer

@moveupscaledown thank you for your comments!

I'll start with "cheat days". I suppose I do have them, but I really hate calling them that. It may seem like a small thing, but changing my mental dialogue about food has really helped me stick to my goals and, ultimately, avoid cravings.

I take deficit breaks for special occasions and holidays - important anniversaries, birthdays, major holidays, special trips, etc. If it's a single party and/or one day, I generally just don't worry about counting calories. I eat what I want without stuffing myself - I still want to be social, enjoy the event and move around, not flop on the couch in a food coma. It's not cheating because I am not doing anything wrong, I'm just living my life. Re-framing my thought process this way helped me avoid feeling guilty, which in the past was a big trigger for binging. For trips, I generally practice intermittent fasting to help stay within my calorie limits. This strategy has not derailed my weight loss.

Cravings killed my weight loss efforts in the past. So, this time around I took a different approach. I have a huge sweet tooth. Always did. Instead of fighting myself on this, I indulge it daily. I set aside about 300 calories per day just for sweets. I eat chocolate daily, for example. I also often have ice cream, cookies and candy.

I've found some substitutions that work very well for me. For example, for ice cream, I found that some Halo Top flavors are just as good as "real" ice cream to me. It lets me have a very generous portion without feeling like I'm missing out. I found a protein bar that tastes awesome (Nature Valley Peanut Butter) - I feel like I'm eating candy, but also getting a slightly better nutrient profile than traditional candy bars. Peanut powder has been a wonderful substitute for peanut butter now that I found the brands I like (I mix two different types and add a pinch of salt - always satisfies my peanut butter cravings for much less calories). Of course, there are some things I do not even care to find substitutes for, like chocolate. I eat the real deal, but I'm perfectly OK having a few squares. Mostly because I get to have it every day. 

So, to sum up, for me, indulging my cravings instead of fighting them has helped curb them. I don't "crave" sweets anymore. Sometimes there are days when I chose to spend my 300 calories on something else. This doesn't trigger a chocolate craving because I've been having plenty of it and will continue to have it again in the following days. 

Basically, no food is off limits. If I can't find a perfectly satisfying low calorie option as a substitute, I budget my calories to include the actual food I want. Maybe that means having a smaller lunch that day, or skipping it entirely, to accommodate it, but that's OK with me. 

Also, I no longer think of food as something I can or cannot have. I can have anything at all, I just choose to not have some things. To me, "cannot have" implies I don't have control, but "choosing" not to have something is empowering and doesn't make me feel that staying within lower calories for weight loss is a punishment or a chore (something I've struggled with in the past). 

Finally, it has really helped me to have fitness-related goals, not just weight goals. It's so much easier to turn down cookies my friend keeps offering when I know that I am training to get faster at running. Sure, I can have the cookie, but I'd rather spend my calories on a nice bowl of blueberries and cottage cheese because these foods will fuel my body better than the fatty cookie. I have options and choices, not restrictions. Realizing this has been very liberating in many ways. 

Best Answer

New to the forum! Definitely not new to weight loss, though lol.

A little about my journey: After weighing close to 200 (I'm a 5'2 female, mind you), I lost a solid 60 pounds in less than a year when I was 26 years old. Fell in love, got married, and packed back on the "happy fat" and gained back 40 pounds. Now I'm 31, and through many trials of weight loss since then, have realized that the l-b's just don't fall off as easily. I also know I am eating way healthier now, and am also focused on working out and building lean muscle. Since last month, I've geared up and am back on the weight loss train. Except, this time around, I feel much more strength mentally and emotionally, and am really hopeful for results, as well, as sustainable results.

So, here I am... joining the group to keep myself accountable, but also really, because it's a lot funner doing it with others than by yourself.

Starting weight (7/11): 178.8 lbs

Last week:       172.7 lbs

This week:       169.8 lbs

Week's Loss:  -2.9 lbs

Total Loss:      -9 lbs

Best Answer

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs (starting weight)

• Sun, 7.2:     167.1 lbs
  • Sun, 7.9:     166.6 lbs
  • Sun, 7.16:   165.3 lbs
  • Sun, 7.23:   163.8 lbs --- Yay!  Blew right through my goal!!
  • Sun, 7.30:   162.5 lbs
  • Sun, 8.6:     161.7 lbs
  • Sun, 8.13:   160.8 lbs
  • Sun, 8.20:   160.1 lbs

-0.7 lbs since last week

-42.2 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

Wow....I can't believe it's been over three weeks since I last posted (07/27).  Here's an update:

USW:  224.5 (07/06/16)

CSW:  147.5 (Thursday, 07/06/17) -77.0

PW:     147.0 (Tuesday, 07/11/17)  -0.5

PW:     149.0 (Friday, 07/14/17) +2.0

PW:     148.0 (Tuesday, 07/18/17) -1.0

PW:     148.0 (Friday, 07/21/17) +/- 0.0

PW:     147.5 (Tuesday, 07/25/17) -0.5

PW:     147.5 (Thursday, 07/27/17) +/- 0.0

PW:     155.5 (Tuesday, 08/01/17) +8.0 (Yikes! Not what I wanted to see on my birthday! :()

PW:     149.0 (Friday, 08/04/17) -6.5

PW:     149.0 (Tuesday, 08/08/17) +/- 0.0

PW:     150.5 (Friday, 08/11/17) +1.5

PW:     150.0 (Tuesday, 08/15/17) -0.5

CW:     149.5 (Friday, 08/18/17) - 0.5

Goal:  Maintain between 148.0 - 152.0

Ok, the huge jump from 07/27 to 8/1 was just a result of a really busy weekend....two days of local fairs and another day with dinner/theater tickets.  I was really shocked to see the 155 on the scale but when I looked down and realized that I couldn't even see my ankles because my feet were so puffy, I knew it was just a temporary situation and I needed to take it in stride.  I've been hovering around the 149-150 mark the last couple of weeks whereas in July I was mostly around the 147-148 mark.  I have been continuing my strength training so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I just purchased a new 1byOne Smart Scale that will log all kinds of fun information into their app and sync with MFP.   I used the new scale for the first time yesterday and I'm going to weigh myself everyday for a while now just to get a baseline and to see what changes occur.  It'll be fun to focus on numbers other than just the weight. 

Have a good week everyone and keep up the good work!

Best Answer

@AuroraKat Very well written post.  I like that no food is off limits and that you have "options and choices, not restrictions".  Excellent way to look at it! I also like that you set aside enough calories in your daily range to account for the items that you really love.  I do this as well.  If there is something that I know will drive me crazy if I don't have it, I just add it into my daily count and enjoy it! I also choose not to have certain things -- like the donuts that a co-worker brings is every week or so -- and save those calories for things I really love and that will help keep me focused on my health and fitness goals. 

I have also found that when I am logging my breakfast into MFP each morning, I put in everything I know I'm going to want or have the rest of the day....my lunch, dinner (if known), and any beverages and/or alcohol.  This has helped keep me from adding to my calories throughout the day (like the donut!).  My breakfast's are all usually pretty similar --- fresh fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. so those are pretty easy.  I do switch things up from time to time but can usually stay around 400 calories at breakfast.  I make all of my lunches on Sunday's for the week (usually salads because they're easy to make and I add a large variety of foods to them) so that part of the day is pretty easy. The struggle comes in at dinnertime.  We're not very good about pre-planning what we're having for dinner so this is an area that we need to work on. 

Keep up the good work and have a great week!

Best Answer

CW - 262 +23     8 WEEK AVERAGE +2.125 LBS (+17)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 239 -2

PW - 241 -5

PW - 246 +2

PW - 244 -0

PW - 244 -7

PW - 251 +9

PW - 242 -2

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Week 12: August 21, 2017

Highest Weight: 305.5 lbs

Weight last week: 297.6

Now: 297.4

Loss this last week: -.2

Loss to date: -8.1

Soooooo, I’ve lost focus. I didn’t consistently write in my food journal and I haven’t been working out. I am still getting on the scale every day, and trying to make adjustments when I see an upswing (even if it’s just water weight). So my weight this morning is actually good (ish) because it was a bad week. Part of the reason it’s been so bad is that the project I’m on is close to go live (t-minus 8 days now) and we are making a mad rush to get everything tested and verified before next Tuesday, so all my days are spent in a small room with too many people and pretty much no movement. This makes for very tired evenings.

I’m not going to give up and restart, I’m just going to keep plugging along and work on finding the motivation and dedication I know I have within myself.

Goal for next Monday: 296.5 (again – I’m going to keep focusing on this until I get it, I’m not giving up)

Best Answer

USW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 02 2017;       97.7kg

PW August 07;                          78.5kg

PW August 14;                          77.9kg

CW August 21;                          77.3kg

loss this week; 600g

overall loss; 45.7kg

mini goal weight; 70kg by Christmas 

my new eating habits have become so ingrained that I don't really think about them anymore. It's normal. Eat lean and clean and if some days you feel like something a little naughty then go for it. If ur diet is 90% perfect then you can indulge in a bad 10% lol. 

Was at yoga this morning. One of my new favs. I feel so relaxed after. Weights tomorrow morning. Just a part of my routine now. If I don't work out in the morning then I feel half dead all day. Get my workout in and my energy is through the roof all day.

Best Answer

Highest Weight - 240 lbs on 7/9/2017

Goal Weight - 160 lbs

One of my motivations is to get to next ski season back in fighting weight.  I would have enjoyed last year's EPIC snow more if I wasn't hauling 235 pounds of lard down the mountain.  In my corpulence, I could barely bend over and buckle my boots.

I'm tracking my Actual weight against what is Predicted from Fitbit based on calories eaten versus burned.  The weekly spikes is the water weight I take on during high weekend activity.

Weight 8-21-2017.JPG

Best Answer